Forums

We need to find a new balance and p2w is clearly a problem

Nalariel

I know we can't put p2w back in jar once opened.

Clearly p2w is killing both of retail and classic. I saw we got game guard now it doesn't show that it working for me so I guess it only show itself if you using some kind of hacks ,bots.
I see game guard as a goodwill NC willing to do something. I would like to suggest NC to do experiment. Create a new experiment server for live version. This server can be wipe anytime and will not merge so players know their own risk. First thing I ask is do not put any p2w stuff in shop make all enchantments in game farmable from mobs ,quests. Put all skins from pre 6.0 era in shop. 7x reward from luna instances and make it weekly instead of daily. Change white grade items tradable/brokerable. Make NPC that selling dye petals, clothes ,emotes in access able zone in sanctum/panda. There's a lot more to do but for starter just those basic thing and you will see how p2w ruined the game. I hope CEO or president would agree to this idea it's just a experiment server.

This topic is interesting.

P2W and F2P balancing seems complicated. More feedbacks more information, easier for NCSOFT to adjust.

NCSOFT - seller wants sales increase, players want wins + fair, who buy want good game good prices.

Only bots and hacks are illegal, OP and opposing all three (legally). Remove or nerf them for good.

Lets give more feedbacks on Game Guard, fix it keep it alive. If community needs things like bots and hacks does, let NCSOFT makes it legal, less OP, oppose less.

oh lol, i typed NCSoft it was marked as wrong/misspell, so NCSOFT then.

i wrote less words, u guys happy

i couldn't have edited the post, it said due to time restriction, the raw version needed fixing,

and also my editor: NCSOFT makes it -> NCSOFT makes something similar

let NCSOFT makes something similar, legal, less OP, oppose less

some were made intentionally or unintentionally for examples: bots (illegal) > auto-hunting (legal), animation hack (illegal) > ultimate trans (legal)

they seem negative at first but when they work, its healthy

bots hacks are good but because the programs are too good (too OP/broken to be exact), when they work so free, its cancer, like how the server shut down every week in the past due to bots

im dying with the grammar, can i just ignore 's' after verb and noun

5 hours ago, Mây said:

let NCSOFT makes something similar, legal, less OP, oppose less

I get what you mean, it is like farm bots, NCSoft made auto hunt so now it is legal, but that still hurts the game. Just like real money trade done by bots, the p2w done by the company has the same effect.

legalizing something bad for a game doesn't make it good, it simply makes it legit to destroy the game.

No matter how much you demand of balance it will never happen because Aion and North america server is focused on catching whales and we free to play are just baits . I saw how good rewards in korea for their anniversary event and compare to ours , Feels like they want players to just drop to the game or they want people to turn playing classic which is pretty bad system they selling it like it was brand new like the price of Nokia 3210 to Iphone price.

On 12/7/2021 at 1:36 PM, TimelessAngel-KT said:

No matter how much you demand of balance it will never happen because Aion and North america server is focused on catching whales and we free to play are just baits . I saw how good rewards in korea for their anniversary event and compare to ours , Feels like they want players to just drop to the game or they want people to turn playing classic which is pretty bad system they selling it like it was brand new like the price of Nokia 3210 to Iphone price.

they do not care about the content and Quality. All they care is how to make more and more money 

On 12/2/2021 at 1:50 PM, Mây said:

P2W and F2P balancing seems complicated. More feedbacks more information, easier for NCSOFT to adjust.

The problem is, The balance between f2p and p2w is fine it is the feature everyone leaves out in this discussion that is the problem. The PLAY to win feature. There is no playing to win in Aion. This is why when this type of topic comes up i always have to bring up BDO. Look at our anniversary it was basically just a give NCsoft/west money event. Look at BDO's anniversary you get $300-$500 worth of goodies just by putting in codes they gave out for free to the entire playerbase.

They are celebrating it with us not celebrating exploiting us. This all comes down to the game progression loop.

In BDO the progression loop is Cash shop > Play-able features > Events. If you play the game you will always be ahead of people who spam events, Better yet if you exploit events with 4 accounts you will be subject to all your silver being stripped and anywhere from -10 to -100 billion silver marketplace account. This means you can not use the marketplace till you pay it off.

Then look at Aion its progression loop is Events > Cash shop > Play-able features. There is no one in Aion right now who can say i have not participated in events and i have full max 15 gear +15 stigmas ultimate transformation contract and so on. This is where Aion continues to fall short it has the crappiest play-able features and its number show that. You think people are quitting Aion because they hate the game? Everyone i met(admittedly it is only about 40-45 people) said they would still love to play Aion if there was the ability to get to a competitive level for the average joe. There is not tho, You have to be someone willing to spend several 100 hours spamming events on different accounts OR have enough money to bypass participating in the events and buy your items straight from other players for RMT(who spam the events or bot it). Even those who want to pay to bypass the events still have to wait for event sales to come around to do so as you can not simply just obtain enough of X or Y to progress through the game w/o events.

This is why it is not an issue between p2w and f2p but an issue between events and playable features.

34 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

There is no playing to win in Aion.

That is correct. I personally won't bother with Apsaranta actively anymore, so far ALL the items I have gotten from doing the quests are not for my class. Not a single one. And that map is not solo friendly at all even though I pretty much solo'ed everything I did there.

So far I have done zero progress by -> playing <- the game.

Meanwhile if you spend real money on wraps from BCM you could purchase/trade gear from others and transfer it to your main. I have 4 friends that I speak on discord and all 4 of them ended up buying pretty much all their gear except for a couple of pieces they had in their alts which they still had to pay for wraps from BCM to transfer to their main. Some of them traded items between friends, but the wraps were ALL purchased with real money from BCM as there is virtually little chance to get them ingame.

The game has 0 progress-based gameplay, you either gamble with awful RNG or you pay for everything and get to end game.

BDO seems like a heaven to me :/ You playing the game and progressing not from events. Anything not based on FOMO and multiple accounts seem appealing to me. Oh well only if BDO isn't auto run and so much complicated I can't seem learning how to play BDO is there something wrong with me ? :/

14 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

BDO seems like a heaven to me :/ You playing the game and progressing not from events. Anything not based on FOMO and multiple accounts seem appealing to me. Oh well only if BDO isn't auto run and so much complicated I can't seem learning how to play BDO is there something wrong with me ? :/

Play FF14 it has a free trial and you get all your progression from playing the game if BDO is to hard to learn.

On 12/13/2021 at 9:13 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Play FF14 it has a free trial and you get all your progression from playing the game if BDO is to hard to learn.

It's not really for me FF14 ,Thanks for the suggestion though. It's time to move on but I can't I feel like it's either Aion or quit gaming. That's just so sad.

Archived