sieges ap broken

Earringle

Everyone seems to forget that changes like those only benefits those taht are already the most geared players. It will just widen the gap even more. The more geared you are, the more AP you get. See the error?

Now this will be true even if rewards get reduced 10x, but I'd rather the geared people get 9k and I get 2-3k than they get 90 and I get 30, because I can farm the other 7k in less than 1 hour, and not 7 hours.

This needs to be fixed. It's obviously not intended.

39 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

The game is built on continuous progression

It's not though - if you have 50e + 50 accs already, like many do, there's no character progression between now and 2.0 (which may not release for an entire year from now). A game where you can afk for an entire year and still have max gear isn't a game built for character progression

39 minutes ago, Cnc said:

Everyone seems to forget that changes like those only benefits those taht are already the most geared players. It will just widen the gap even more. The more geared you are, the more AP you get. See the error?

Now this will be true even if rewards get reduced 10x, but I'd rather the geared people get 9k and I get 2-3k than they get 90 and I get 30, because I can farm the other 7k in less than 1 hour, and not 7 hours.

This needs to be fixed. It's obviously not intended.

This would make sense in theory, but the "most geared players" are actually "max geared players" already - the gap cannot possibly be widened further. Like I said before, if you still need AP in any capacity, you're already playing catch-up. The guy who has max gear already could get 1 billion AP from every dredg commander - it's just a useless currency to that player.

44 minutes ago, Cnc said:

That is the opposite of the truth, as a percentage gain, the extra AP is trivial for a high geared player compared to one that is starting out.

You jump between retail and classic for your argument as you please, which makes it kinda silly. It is also silly to write that there is no progression and two posts before that people quit due to it.

For you progression is only gear based and apparently only infinite. Fine by me.

31 minutes ago, Nsn said:

It's not though - if you have 50e + 50 accs already, like many do, there's no character progression between now and 2.0 (which may not release for an entire year from now). A game where you can afk for an entire year and still have max gear isn't a game built for character progression

This would make sense in theory, but the "most geared players" are actually "max geared players" already - the gap cannot possibly be widened further. Like I said before, if you still need AP in any capacity, you're already playing catch-up. The guy who has max gear already could get 1 billion AP from every dredg commander - it's just a useless currency to that player.

arrested-development-dozens-of-us.gif

1 hour ago, Nsn said:

Sieges have been broken for weeks (months?), and now we have a change that finally benefits the players, and people really want to complain about it? And guess what, you still need medals to buy abyss gear. 

Point 2: Plenty of people already have max gear - if you still need AP at this point, you're playing catch-up. Why not let the more casual players catch up?

Point 3: The gear progression system in this game is garbage anyway. I would actually prefer it if everyone logged in tomorrow with 1 billion AP / full 50e/ whatever. I don't want to have a gear advantage over my opponents

What are you gonna do once you get max gear? You either continue to dredge, rift, and WB for fun, or you quit. If if you only play this game for the gear progression and don't see yourself doing these activities for fun, you might as well quit now.

People have max gear? Unless you are an AP trader most people don't have 50e with 50 accessories. Most people have a set sure but if you are rocking your lvl 30e vs 50e in pvp good luck.

Giving ap or gear to everyone that is end game is the opposite of what an MMO is especially Aion. You have to grind and work for your gear that's the game it's the essence of aion 

3 hours ago, Nsn said:

How many, exactly, is "many" on your view? Because I sure don't see "many" people in full 50e + 50 accs.

And the gap can always be widened. If they already have one set, they can build a second one and be even more geared than you. Or did you forget that there are MR, Block, etc, sets? It's even more advantage. Even if people chose to stock AP, it's a xforms advantage. Maybe if the gains arent so high those people MIGHT feel like it's not worth going for more than 1 set (which I doubt because if you are already in full 50e, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you are a no-life tryhard kid).

If you don't want to outgear people then maybe you shouldn't tryhard like that lol.

2 hours ago, Cyfur said:

That is the opposite of the truth, as a percentage gain, the extra AP is trivial for a high geared player compared to one that is starting out.

Read above. AP is not trivial to anyone. Everyone still needs it. I doubt everyone already have multiple sets of 50e/40e.

1 hour ago, Cnc said:

Read above. AP is not trivial to anyone. Everyone still needs it. I doubt everyone already have multiple sets of 50e/40e.

You obviously didn't comprehend my sentence, I will repeat it with emphasis.

as a percentage gain, the extra AP is trivial for a high geared player compared to one that is starting out.

The word percentage is crucial to interpreting my point.

An obvious example, if you got 70k AP from the siege, that would get you a pair of 30e boots, but only 23% towards a pair of 50e boots, and 50e boots are certainly not 4x better than 30e, there is a huge diminishing return for your AP on the higher gear.

11 hours ago, Cyfur said:

You obviously didn't comprehend my sentence, I will repeat it with emphasis.

The word percentage is crucial to interpreting my point.

An obvious example, if you got 70k AP from the siege, that would get you a pair of 30e boots, but only 23% towards a pair of 50e boots, and 50e boots are certainly not 4x better than 30e, there is a huge diminishing return for your AP on the higher gear.

Confirmed troll. Thanks for not making me waste more time reading your nonsense.

Archived