The End of The World Tournament

Xilyne

On 1/15/2022 at 1:41 AM, Arhangelos said:

Having 1~2 fighting spirit items and fighting against those p2w people that don't die would be like giving them a free pass and a waste of time.

I mean it's not like your lack of participation is gonna stop reward distribution. A true free pass is people not participating :P

Maybe my friends and I are the weird ones but isn't it kind of fun to fight people way out of your league in a risk/consequence free environment? It's like a boss fight and then afterwards you get to watch people you thought were bulletproof test their hype against other bulletproof people and it's exciting to see how it all plays out. Especially with Aion's trademark RNG clutches from godstones to minion procs to Mistviel resists.

That's why we used to queue tenacity in our Wisplight Ancient Coin gear in 5.6 vs +15 Prime Captain BiS people. It costs nothing, it was fun to goof around, and it provided a spectacle to behold. Good stuff

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

I mean it's not like your lack of participation is gonna stop reward distribution. A true free pass is people not participating :P

Maybe my friends and I are the weird ones but isn't it kind of fun to fight people way out of your league in a risk/consequence free environment? It's like a boss fight and then afterwards you get to watch people you thought were bulletproof test their hype against other bulletproof people and it's exciting to see how it all plays out. Especially with Aion's trademark RNG clutches from godstones to minion procs to Mistviel resists.

That's why we used to queue tenacity in our Wisplight Ancient Coin gear in 5.6 vs +15 Prime Captain BiS people. It costs nothing, it was fun to goof around, and it provided a spectacle to behold. Good stuff

Winning is when they fight people, giving them the rewards for lack of participation is another thing.

I am doing it for me not for them, because I do not find any fun in dying in less than 1 second while I do 0 dmg to the opponent, that only makes me want to quit because I am reminded I play a game that is not meant to be played but rather paid for.

I exclusively do things that make me happy or I do not mind spending my time on and if there is not much to do I play other games too.

Hi everyone, 

Thank you to everyone who has expressed interest in joining this tournament, and to those who have offered their opinions/suggestions in making the Tournament better for those who participate. I really would appreciate to see as many of you come, and would like to build a server to host more events in the near future. With this event I have been trying my best to make rewards as appealing, while ensuring a greater amount of participants receive some kind of compensation for their attendance.  Thanks again! I look forward to seeing as many of you on January 29, 2022 @ 8pm. 

I've closed the google sheet used to determine / pick a time that works for everyone. 

When - January 29, 2022 @ 8pm CST

Where - Demaha Arena 

Prizes as of 01/16/2022: 

Ultimate Tier Tournament (Any gear goes) -

1st place - 8,000 Ncoin each member (24,000 Total)

2nd place - 2,000 ncoin each member (6,000 Total)

3rd place - 1,200 ncoin each member (3,600 Total)

Gold Tier Tournament (Kerub or Heartguard only, no gems or runestones) -

1st place - 2,000 ncoin each member (6,000 Total)

Raffles - 

5 participants will be picked at random to receive 1,600 ncoin each (8,000 total). This will also be done on live stream.

Prize Rules / Distribution - 

- All prizes will be given out within 30 minutes of event/s ending. 

- You can only win 1 prize total, this allows people more chances to win something.  17 people total will receive a prize.

- Read https://forms.gle/TbfZ42H5jx76QRaR8 , for more info on Prizes / Distribution

Registration - 

Anyone wanting to register, please do so using below link:

https://forms.gle/TbfZ42H5jx76QRaR8

As always, thank you to everyone! See you in 13 days! :)

I use to help host lots of AoE 2 tournaments and one of the things we did a lot was have preliminary rounds if we had more than 16 participants(teams). This helps when you are trying to narrow down the field due to time restrictions.

Just an example: A 4 hour tournament is not fun to wait around for your match in so you can instantly half that in a Bo3 16 team match by having them play their preliminary rounds before the tournament so on the day you would have 8 teams duking it out during the tournament(which is streamed). Meaning this shortens the timeframe people have to commit to a tournament outside their desirable times. We use to have EU/NA/OCE people in the same tournament so times were not ideal for all but we made it work by lowering the amount of time the participants had to commit to the tournament.

The key is making it approachable for the players and viewers and you will see more interest in future tournaments moving forward.

Good luck regardless still look forward to watching.

21 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I use to help host lots of AoE 2 tournaments and one of the things we did a lot was have preliminary rounds if we had more than 16 participants(teams). This helps when you are trying to narrow down the field due to time restrictions.

Just an example: A 4 hour tournament is not fun to wait around for your match in so you can instantly half that in a Bo3 16 team match by having them play their preliminary rounds before the tournament so on the day you would have 8 teams duking it out during the tournament(which is streamed). Meaning this shortens the timeframe people have to commit to a tournament outside their desirable times. We use to have EU/NA/OCE people in the same tournament so times were not ideal for all but we made it work by lowering the amount of time the participants had to commit to the tournament.

The key is making it approachable for the players and viewers and you will see more interest in future tournaments moving forward.

Good luck regardless still look forward to watching.

Hi HealingSquid, 

That sounds like a great idea to do preliminarily rounds, however we don't have that kind of volume as of right now. We have 4 groups that have signed up, if we get more people to sign up we most definitely look into doing something like this. 

Commonly asked questions - 

when is the registration deadline?

Registration will be closed on January 28, 2022 @ 8pm CST, this will allow us to ensure things run smoothly during the tournament.

how many rounds?

- Winner of each match will be selected by best of out 3 method. 

Can I change stigmas before the start of the match?

- Yes, people will be allowed to change their stigmas before the match starts. Brackets will be done on live streams, and kept on during the tournament, this will allow groups to better pick out their stigmas before the start of the match.

Can I enter with more than 1 character?

- No, this will give players with more than 1 character an unfair advantage to win raffle prizes. We would like to be able to give out prizes to as many people as we can. 

Gold Tier, Can i use Imbued weapon, or any other kind of weapon? 

- No, this would give people with other kinds of weapons advantage over the rest that use Heartguard or Kerub.

Can I win multiple prizes? (Example raffle + 1st prize)

- No, you can only win 1 prize, this would allow those that don't win any of the bracket prizes a chance to win something from the raffles. 

If I need to replace a team member, what should i do?

- Please notify Stormexia, Cirxen, or Amarah before 7pm CST on January 29, 2022. Once brackets are generated we will not allow members to be changed. 

When is the Tournament happening?

- January 29, 2022  @ 8pm CST

Is ressing allowed? 

- No ressing will not be allowed, Demaha arena doesn't allow ressing inside the arena. 

On 1/16/2022 at 4:37 PM, Xilyne said:

When - January 29, 2022 @ 8pm CST

Where - Demaha Arena 

By Demaha Arena do you mean the training area under Stellusia? Because January 29th  is a Saturday, so Demaha won't be accessible.

Unless Demaha Arena is some kind of PvP thing like the Arena of Discipline that can be accessed whenever (I don't really know about PvP stuff) then you can ignore me being dumb. 🙊

15 hours ago, Lad-DN said:

By Demaha Arena do you mean the training area under Stellusia? Because January 29th  is a Saturday, so Demaha won't be accessible.

Thank you Lad for mentioning this! This was something I had missed. You are correct Demaha arena is not open on saturday. 

16 hours ago, Xilyne said:

When is the Tournament happening?

- January 29, 2022  @ 8pm CST

Updated (01/19) - Tournament will be on January 28, 2022 @ 8 PM CST

16 hours ago, Xilyne said:

when is the registration deadline?

Registration will be closed on January 28, 2022 @ 8pm CST, this will allow us to ensure things run smoothly during the tournament.

Updated (01/19) - Tournament registration deadline will be moved to January 28, 2022 @ 5pm CST

Please let me know if this causes any issues with people who have already registered, or planned on registering.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aion Team
22 hours ago, Squid said:

Do you know who was gonna upload it to youtube? If anyone of course.

Also who was it that streamed it again?

👆 This! I'd love to watch the video/stream as I only just joined and would be interested to see and hear more about how this went :)

Archived