Compensation Bundle Update

Arctic

3 hours ago, 1s293A87 said:

Ow man I would wish to say it is not but it is 100% legal...123.png
You agree to this every time you play

Don't care about the legality. I can still charge it back, I've done it before when game companies have had similar clauses in their agreements.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Echoing the sentiments above - and adding my voice - that is an absolutely appalling decision - to delete things we've been accumulating legitimately, often through paid means like the Daeva Pass, or through login events. Like many others, I wasn't even logged in to see this bundle.  I simply cannot believe that a database query could not be run to check the deletion against purchasers.

I love this game,  have been playing since the original launch. I've seen some weird stuff over the years, and was always willing to cut NC some slack because I knew it wasn't a massive team, and they were all doing their best, even if many expectations were not met in the community.  At its core, I felt the game had something cool and unique though.

I actually did some work with NC a little before Aion's launch, and knew a lot of people back in the Richard Garriott days, before the big office move, when the company was in Austin. They were a good crew, with some experienced management, and I still have some friends amongst them. They would never have let this happen.

This is terrible.  It is either:

• An awful miscommunication... and you will in fact NOT be deleting everything from everyone, but it will be a more targeted approach. In which case - you need to review your communications-approval processes... players will have been lost over a miscommunication, which is a terrible result
  • An awful decision... if you cannot target the items for deletion, you should own the mistake, and leave them out there - not go taking things from people who were not involved.  

As I said, I love the game, and apart from a couple of short breaks over the years with Diablo 3 and LoL, I've not considered leaving.  This is the first time I've felt that way, and it's nothing to do with the actual game itself.

I will not renew my Aura on either of my accounts because of this. I did not use the exploit and came by all my scrolls etc legitimately. If you remove them after me spending money and/or working to get them, that will be it for me spending any more money with you. You are so out of touch, it's staggering :(

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

Much appreciation for sharing your perspective on this. We have changed how we will be addressing this issue. Please see the OP for more details.

Thank you, and we hope this is a more desireable approach!

2 hours ago, KounaII said:

Not true if you're a resident of Germany :)

If you are a resident of Germany then you should be logging in using the Europe log in choice.

unknown.png

If you did that then

unknown.png

You can not even play Aion thus you are not even meant to be playing Aion classic since it is not released for your region. You just admitted to breaking the ToS of their launcher enjoy the account ban.

@KibbelzTy for the fix it was much needed those exploiters need to stop getting away with this and this is a good first step keep it up.

Soooooo.... should we all just get together and do like a class action settlement lawsuit or something? Since everyone paid real money for items that are being removed even though they didn't exploit an error that was on the administrators fault? Sounds like a lawsuit ready to happen. Lets go!

11 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

If you are a resident of Germany then you should be logging in using the Europe log in choice.

unknown.png

If you did that then

You can not even play Aion thus you are not even meant to be playing Aion classic since it is not released for your region. You just admitted to breaking the ToS of their launcher enjoy the account ban.

@KibbelzTy for the fix it was much needed those exploiters need to stop getting away with this and this is a good first step keep it up.

You can play the game from any region unless the region is blocked by IP like they do with Russians, Ukrainians for NA or the KR servers blocking any IP from outside Korea.

It is not like he went out of his way to enter NA servers from Germany since it is accessible.

Plus Aion EU and Aion NA are two totally different companies, they do not cooperate on this matter.

10 hours ago, SirStabsALot said:

Soooooo.... should we all just get together and do like a class action settlement lawsuit or something? Since everyone paid real money for items that are being removed even though they didn't exploit an error that was on the administrators fault? Sounds like a lawsuit ready to happen. Lets go!

they fixed it and are only removing the items from those that abused the exploit, which is how it should have been implemented in the first place.  Thank goodness they saw the error in their ways.

If only we could get them to listen without the major uproar.

The good thing about classic is if you want their attention just get enough people to cancel their renewing subs on the same day.  Money talks.  They also made it annoying enough to cancel the siels aura that enough people doing it at once really sends a message.   We lost that ability in retail when it swapped to a monthly purchase daeva pass instead of auto renew.

1 hour ago, Amarah-KT said:

If only we could get them to listen without the major uproar.

The good thing about classic is if you want their attention just get enough people to cancel their renewing subs on the same day.  Money talks.  They also made it annoying enough to cancel the siels aura that enough people doing it at once really sends a message.   We lost that ability in retail when it swapped to a monthly purchase daeva pass instead of auto renew.

You are so right. Altho it will not get their attention in a positive way it would simply just be the time NCsoft decide it is time to close Aion in the NA region.

• Rin unpinned this topic

Archived