Compensation Bundle Update

Arctic

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas,

Recently there was an issue where purchase limits were accidentally lifted for the compensation bundle offered for the sound FX issue. To address this issue, any users who claimed more than one Compensation Bundle will have the items below removed from their accounts in quantities which correspond to the number of "extra" times the bundle was claimed.

[Event] Greater Courage Scroll
[Event] Magic Crit Scroll
[Event] Spicy Rice
[Event] Lodas Amulet III
[Event] Greater Healing Potion
[Event] Brave Wyvern Candy
[Event] Administrator's Boon
[Event] Greater Recovery Serum
[Event] Greater Awakening Scroll
[Event] Physical Crit Scroll

We will be moving forward with this action soon. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience while we investigated this issue.

UPDATE: We have made an update to how we will be handling this situation. Please see our revised plan above. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what about all those that items that we’d been stockpiling since day one through legitimate means?

a lot of those are rewards from the Deava Pass which we paid for with our own real life money, or have acquired through various events/rewards, and I will not be accepting the loss of items I paid for.

if you do this, expect all of my quna purchases to be charged back by my bank - I have also taken all the screenshots of the items through daeva pass as well as this notice as evidence for my chargeback.

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

Please use any of the following items (regardless of how you acquired them) before that time, as they will be deleted:

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience while we investigated this issue.

Could you please confirm that the above bolded items, even if they're obtained from purchasing the premium Daeva Pass, will be deleted due to your team's screw up?

Doesn't seem like much of an investigation was done for this conclusion. You are harming customers who obtained them legitimately. I've been saving them up for proper Dredgion matches and S Rank Dark Poeta.

Could we also investigate the huge amounts of AP gained from fort siege defences against the Dredgion then? This has more of an impact on the game rather than 2% attack/casting speed and no soul sickness does. I would love to see the outcome.

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

i have a lot of them due to deava pass and event, saving up for new PVE dung and u guys just gonna delete it without compensate us ??? you guys really want to shut down your servers asap i guess cause you are on the right track 

I never bother to post on these forums ever, but you reached my threshold with that announcement. 

It is totally ridiculous to remove every Event item people have saved or obtained through purchases from Daeva passes.   WTF are you thinking?

Do a proper log check, you are going to lose what player base you have at this rate.   Remove items if you see fit but do not delete EVERYTHING people may have saved for from events for future leveling or paid for.

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas,

Recently there was an issue where purchase limits were not correctly initialized for the compensation bundle last offered on 12/31/21. To address this issue, we will be deleting all items which were able to be acquired via this compensation on January 26. Please use any of the following items (regardless of how you acquired them) before that time, as they will be deleted:

[Event] Magic Crit Scroll
[Event] Spicy Rice
[Event] Lodas Amulet III
[Event] Greater Healing Potion
[Event] Greater Recovery Serum

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience while we investigated this issue.

You apologize for the inconvenience? You're causing more inconvenience with this decision than was caused by the original issue, by far. This decision IS the inconvenience. This is completely unacceptable. You're punishing the entirety of the population because a small minority of players abused something that YOU put on the store incorrectly. Absolutely ridiculous. I have many many candies and administrator boons that I've acquired through the daeva pass, for you to just delete them is completely unfair, and to be honest, probably illegal. We've paid NCSOFT money for the daeva pass to get these items. For you to just delete them would amount to nothing less than a scam and false advertising. 

You know people paid money for the stuff you're about to delete? How is this a fair decision? This is quite honestly lazy. Just like the mass ban you guys did on SR. Anyone who used that damn vendor got banned. You guys dont even look at logs just do mass bans and screw the honest people who haven't done anything wrong. I know its not you, you're just the cm but man you gotta relay the info cuz this isnt fair.

I quit regular aion years ago went to a private server now back on classic but it seems you ppl have never changed you screw up and punish the players.. 

I own a business if i screw up i eat it i take the hit for you that's how i keep customers. Appearently you ppl don't want customers you run them off in droves and if you take all my stuff away ill cancel my sub and go back to the private server where the person running it has sense and actually knows whats going on in their game.

Is it too much to ask for an NCsoft employee to simply check logs on Quna store purchases between Time X, and Time Y, for compensation bundle abusers?
A large amount of the community you're about to punish were not even online during the time when NCsoft failed to limit purchases on the bundle.

I would say this is more than an inconvenience - I personally didn't even get a chance to get 1 of those "compensation" bundles on any of my characters, it was removed before I had a chance to, but now I *****LOSE ***** Event Items that I have been saving up as punishment for other people's actions?? In what world does that make sense? 

You guys didn't double check the store before making that bundle available, that's not 100% of the player-bases' fault. That's NcWest's fault. Whoever was in charge of the store that day should be getting that coaching, not our *legit* items getting removed.

I have hundreds of Event Scrolls, Candies, Boons and Amulets saved up from the various events and don't forget, DAEVA PASS rewards that I purchased with real money. Thirty dollars for a Daeva pass each month since launch, which is what, June 2021, so like 8 months of scrolls and items being saved, and I get all those scrolls and candies and things removed? 

If you guys remove all of those items from my warehouses despite my account never having redeemed this problem bundle, you have effectively withdrawn items that I paid for with my own money.

I know it's not your personal decision, but I am just letting you know, that this course of action is seriously going to affect your player-base even more so than you guys already have with these types of decisions. 

So let me get this straight - your solution to the problem (which was only exploitable for a few minutes, so most of the playerbase is innocent) is to punish everyone?

friday-chris-tucker.gif

Oh and since you're probably not aware, people who purchased the bundle in time bought it in LARGE quantities. This means that they still have thousands of unclaimed mails and won't be affected by the removal of these items in their inventories like regular players. If you delete them, they'll visit their mailbox and claim more. So this "fix" of yours won't do shit besides nyerk off the remaining ~95% of players who obtained these consumables legitimately through events & Daeva Passes. 

Oh and on that note, wiping our mailboxes is also NOT a solution as I have several mails worth of previously unclaimed compensation, support ticket, event, & subscription items that I'm saving for later. 

At this point, I know our feedback won't change anything. Just don't nyerk up even more and delete all event consumables (as I'm sure you will...). It's a sad state of affairs when your playerbase has such low confidence in you. 

@KibbelzThe message you should be taking away here is that basically the entire player base would PREFER for you to leave the offending players unpunished than for you to remove the items of players who are not guilty of offense. You're not going to find a single member of the player base that is happy about this decision. It is completely unacceptable and should be walked back immediately. 

If these items get deleted, especially when items have been received legitimately, I will back-charge all my subscriptions.

To operate a product / service in this manner is unacceptable. The punishment to the entire dwindling population should not be a valid solution for a company the size of NC Soft.

Nice, Gideon and Cyan are turning in their graves right now. They would never make any kind of mistake of this magnitude. 

Remove all the scrolls we got from past events???? what are you thinking?

Quick to nyrk over the players instead of helping them by giving us SIEGE compensation for a feature that has been broken for THREE months now and still is not fully functional. 

This is absolutely nuts, there was just an event that gave out hundreds of 

And then the Thanksgiving event gave out about 100 of the [Event] Administrator's Boon

Lastly, the vast majority of individuals with [Event] Brave Wyvern Candy are from the paid passes.

Of all the choices NCwest could make on how to deal with yet another exploit, they pick the worse one that effects the most paying, non-cheating customers as possible. This is an amazing display of lacking customer understanding/knowledge of one's own product.

Also.....as others have said above, why in the world is this being addressed instead of the sieges, 1.7/1.9 launch, or server merge. The lack of understanding your customer is amazing.

So... Items that we've all paid for or obtained through events (all of which is legitimate) and you're going to delete all of it?  I guess it's time to contact my bank and do some charge backs.  Thanks for the heads up.

I think I have around 100 just of the brave wyvern candies saved from Deava passes going all the way back to day 1. Deleting things people paid for is definitely reason for a chargeback, which I know my card company does up to 120 days and does even further sometimes. On the bright side if you actually go through with this I'll probably get all my money back from this game and be able to quit without feeling like I lost something. Probably get more money back out of this than actually selling my account lol. 

Archived