Suggestion regarding overall scheduling

Virlym

The way things are currently setup, especially after the daylight savings hit, makes it so the overall scheduling of dredges, forts and so on are pretty awkward for east coast and EU players (which is the largest majority of the playerbase).

After discussing the matter with many peoples, the easiest solution would seemingly be to shift everything back by about 2 hours. 

Shifting the Divine Fortress siege to a time where the population peak is the largest would also be a decent idea, given the nature of the content.

Given the fact our new CM Rin seems to actually be gathering player opinions and peoples have been complaining alot ingame about schedulings, I think it'd be a decent idea to get a discussion going regarding this. If anybody has better ideas/suggestions, please feel free to keep the conversation going. At the end of the day, I think we all want the server to prosper for as long as possible, and making content accessible to as many peoples as possible definitely plays a pretty big part in that.

I agree with all above, especially with the part about starting a serious discussion about this topic. In my personal opinion, as a south american player (+1 hour from east coast) would be actually helpful to get a much more comfortable schedule tbh, but I think the most important thing right now is gathering opinions of the vast majority of the playerbase and I would totally agree with the taken decission if it ever happens based on this.

As you mentioned, this is one of the best way to keep our playerbase comfortable and being able to run most of the end game content thos game offers to us, after all i'm pretty sure most of us want the server to stay alive the longest as possible with a stable community.

I'd be okay with schedule adjustments overall, but if the evening (eastern time) dredge got moved up 2 hours that would kind of suck for me, but I'm just one person amongst the many. If I do have to miss out on that dredge I could always stay up to do the last dredge at midnight EST which is not the end of the world. 

Obviously there's no schedule that suits everyone but I'm definitely in support of adjusting things to benefit the majority of players.

I would totally be in favor of everything being rescheduled 2 hours earlier.  I'm east coast NA, which also makes a big portion of what players we have, and even for us this is insanity. Divine from midnight to 1am was really rough.  (because you aren't even "in bed" by 1am if you attend).   Many sieges are at 11pm. I don't know about you guys, but 11pm sieges are rough just the same. Specially if you wanna finish dredg after.

And nevermind the "2am" dredg at all. That one is completely out of reach even  for half the NA population.

Let our EU players enjoy themselves and run Tiak!  And let the East coast people not have to siege at crazy hours

Edited by Avator-KT

I agree with this whole heartedly for the simple fact a lot of people are on EU times on both factions.   When it comes to content of Dredgion, Fort vulnerabilites, and Tiak there is a lack of availble players to queue or able to participate when it's 4 in the morning for them.

Even in CST I feel like everything starts extremely late or is pushed back a bit too far. Most people I play with are in EST and the timing sucks for them, which is odd because that's where the servers are.

They definitely need to expand the time windows, add more than one Tiak time and consider the possibility of adding the availability for players to run dredge all in one window. I understand timing is difficult to manage when you have a server for NA that is realistically covering all the way from Australia to EU. 

Agree, @Virlym 

And probably the fact that Israphel was Eastern time and Siel Pacific time and now  after server merge Its pacific time who prevall. I made the mistake to create all my character on Siel without noticing siege and Dredgion time.

And the biggest disapointment is the lost of possible ap gain du to daylight change.

And now Dredgion is back to 20h but Tiak and siege are to late for me.

As an east coast player, I have to choose between Tiak/Upper Sieges and getting to bed at a reasonable hour.  Moving everything back at least 2 hours would be immensely helpful.  At the very least the population should get a survey for event times as we haven't had any surveys since before 1.5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumping this again - so far feedback has been pretty unanimous yet no word from the devs nor CMs have been heard back. Can we expect to get feedback on this topic at some point?

Goes without saying, but these concerns should also translate to the upcoming Gelkmaros and Inggison sieges, even moreso since these medals wont be tradeable and thus even more restricted in regards to the amount you can get.

• Aion Team

Hi everyone.

I know this has been a huge topic of conversation, and one that I am not ignoring by any means. As I've commented on other threads before, it is still a topic I will continue to bring up to the development team every time you report about it—so please do keep voicing your concerns! Even if I am unable to respond to the thread or comment, it does not mean I am not reporting about it.

Unfortunately at this time, I do not have any updates around this topic—but IF  that should change, I promise to inform all of you as soon as I can. As a general understanding, some changes are easy to do, while others are much more delicate and sometimes impossible depending on many, many factors. As I usually say, just to make sure, I and the development team cannot make promises, and we greatly appreciate you patience and understanding in this matter.

I know this is not any sort of answer at this time, but I hope it is somewhat alleviating  to know that I am still reporting on it and will continue to do so.

As I will also continue to repeat, thank you all so, so much for voicing your passions and concerns about the game and having polite conversations around these topics. Please do keep up the flow of ideas and concerns, and I will continue to deliver your voice to the team.

• 2 weeks later...