enchant a runestone

KingShinhwa-KT

I spent another $500 on trying to enchant a runestone to +10, it FAILED again. I already spent over $1000 on this runestone without succeeding in Aion's  RNG. It has corrupted numerous times which will take 70-80 stones to purify. Fails  and drops  down to 3 then corrupts at 5 over and over. ( I spent lot of money getting this ultimate runestone way back )

Is this normal for everyone trying to enchant in Aion?

How does Aion want to keep its player base if they let this high failing rate on enchanting rates continue?

There needs to be a safety level on all things being enchanted like  stigma stones. Reach a certain level, then guarantee it won't fall under.

Sometimes, it feels like this failing  happens purposely by programmed RNG to fail.

NC replies that it is working as intended. Yes working as intended to continue sinking  $$$. 

BTW, I am not a new player. I have been playing Aion since CB. I work full time+ hence spending real money to keep up with players who are advanced in gear to catch up as well as to be able to compete since w/o being geared no chance to play competitively.  This is the only game I've been playing and still play, although I am losing interest in this game like so many who have left.

• 11 months later...
On 4/19/2022 at 5:32 PM, The Secret Cow Level said:

Looking at the enchantment rates

From +6 up to +9, each enchantment attempt on average will drop your enchantment level by 0.34 and a 6.7% chance of getting it contaminated. So I would not attempt to enchant odians/runes past that point in the first place

Not to enchant past +6? While max is +10?  It makes this feature kinda missing, or senseless. Although, I didn't really try to enchant runestones beyond +5 except 1 time when I made +6. Attack-Area Strike does work at +5 and lower, i noticed it in Garden of Growth on Templar. Templars couldn't save a single plant without these runestones in Garden Of Growth. It also helped Assassins. 

How does the number of required sanctity potions grow with sanctification count? I only experienced 4 (1st time) and 8 (2nd time).

Yes, the failure rate is rather frustrating. Why wouldn't they create supplements or safe level, like +10 on gear where +15 is max? 

44 minutes ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

How does the number of required sanctity potions grow with sanctification count? I only experienced 4 (1st time) and 8 (2nd time).

There is a sanctification count (it is the amount of times you already got it contaminated AND sanctified it)

The formula is like this:
(Amount of Sanctification Potions Needed) = (Current Enchant Level) * (Sanctification Count + 1)
~~~
Example 1:
The below item is corrupted, enchant level is 5 and hasn't been sanctified yet (sanctification count 0 times).
Potions Needed =  5 (enchant level) * (0 sanctification +1) = 5 potions

Desktop-Screenshot-2023-03-28-06-02-26-9
~~~
Example 2:
The below item is not corrupted yet but lets pretend it is.
Potions that I would need = 4 (enchant level) * (2 sanctification count + 1) = 4 * 3 = 12 potions.

Desktop-Screenshot-2023-03-28-06-02-37-3
~~~
Example 3 (no image):
If you got an item that is at enchant level 7, corrupted, and it already has 6 sanctification done already:
Potions needed = 7 * (6 + 1) = 49 sanctification potions!!!

~~~

So the more times it gets corrupted, the more potions you need and the higher the enchant level is the more potions again. After some point it becomes useless to try to fix it, it will need so many potions that will be impossible to get so many.

Edited by Arhangelos

44 minutes ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

Not to enchant past +6? While max is +10?

Max is 20, most people do up to +10 because from +9 to +10 the chance is 33% so it is not THAT impossible. But after +10 the chance is too low to even bother. From +10 to +11 for example it already drops to 10% only.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Arhangelos

5 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

There is a sanctification count (it is the amount of times you already got it contaminated AND sanctified it already)

The formula is like this:
(Amount of Sanctification Potions Needed) = (Current Enchant Level) * (Sanctification Count + 1)

Example 1:
The below item is corrupted, enchant level is 5 and hasn't been sanctified yet.
Potions Needed =  5 (enchant level) * (0 sanctification +1) = 5 potions

Desktop-Screenshot-2023-03-28-06-02-26-9

Example 2:
The below item is not corrupted yet but lets pretend it is.
Potions that I would need = 4 (enchant level) * (2 sanctification count + 1) = 4 * 3 = 12 potions!!!

Desktop-Screenshot-2023-03-28-06-02-37-3

Example 3 (no image):
If you got an item that is at enchant level 7, corrupted, and it already has like 6 sanctification done already:
Potions needed = 7 * (6 + 1) = 49 sanctification potions!!!

Thank you very much!

10 hours ago, taha-DN said:

best ive done is got a shining devotion gem to 8 then corrupted , and a demolition attack area strike to +8  ,  the rest i cant get past 6 for my life so i stopped and just left them at 5 and 6

The good news is a corrupted item is still usable just not enchantable any more. The problem is the sanctification system and the formula that keeps demanding more and more potions and they are so hard to get whle the chance to get a corruption seems low, it happens more often than we anticipate. I would never even bother hoping to get an ultimate runestone. Totally our of reach items.

The worst system is the gemstones, not only you have class based gemstones unlike runes that are general usage, you have tiers AND skills. I managed to buy from broker the gemstones I need for my class, enchanted them to the amount I could and left them like that. It is one of the worst systems they brought in 7.0.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 6:14 AM, Arhangelos said:

Max is 20, most people do up to +10 because from +9 to +10 the chance is 33% so it is not THAT impossible. But after +10 the chance is too low to even bother. From +10 to +11 for example it already drops to 10% only.

Untitled-1.jpg

I guess the 1st column (Grind level) is Enchantment level? What are the columns  2 and 3 about? (looks like numbers of patches)? The line 4 says "In-game stones), mine are all in-game, I don't see how numbers of patches are relevant or opposed to "in-game stones"? The success rate is really low overall :( 

Usually I go to +5. I'm mostly interested in Greater runestones as Apostles Transformations are mostly used on mt accts.  I produce them, buy and sell them at the broker and trade between accounts.  Following the descriptions, even unenchanted runestones have some effect, especially Attack. So, while I never use EXP runestones lower than +5 but I sometimes use Attack runestones at +3 before getting them to +5. I make slots in wings, as Kerub's wings don't satisfy me in Flight Time.  Support slots in Kerub's plume and bracelet are already what I need (EXP, Drop, sometimes AP for young toons).  Are Area strike and Additional strike more effective than Attack Increase, Critical Hit Increase and Successful Strike?  It's a pity there's no icon, visible stat change or animation when Area or Additional Strike come to effect, while Crit and Attack show icons and and stat increase, but I saw very tangible results from Area Strike in Garden of Growth, especially for Templars, Assassins.

What do you think about Boost Runestones?

I like runes in RL, as an instrument of magic. I would assign Attack Runestones to Teiwaz rune instead of Fehu, and assign Fehu to Drop rate, EXP, AP acquisition, that would be more corresponding to the Runestones' effects. 

Edited by HelliosRed-KT
addition