Transformation Coin Promotion: Update on Obtaining Coins!

EMpulse

• Aion Team

Hi everyone!

We just wanted to take a moment to point out a change we made regarding how to obtain Transformation Coins during the Transformation Coin Promotion.

We previously posted an incorrect method of obtaining these, but have replaced it with the correct way - which is taking a Survey to earn Special Transformation Coins.

You can see this change reflected here: https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/news/transformation-coins-jumping-daevas-the-shugo-emperor-s-vault

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused and good luck earning those coins!

-EMpulse

Why do i have the feeling that this survey is 1 time with 20 coins, replacing a 20 coins daily reward that was probably intended by the developer but deemed too "generous" by our publisher. Nowhere does it say that the survey is daily. Which is a common switch we have come to expect from you. So can you confirm that the survey is daily or one time?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, GenericUser46047 said:

I don't understand why the coins accumulate separately. When I go to the secretive, only a certain amount is recognized and not the total amount that I really have. It's frustrating.

Yes, the items are different and do not stack, one more bug for this awful event.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 11:36 PM, Arhangelos said:

Yes, the items are different and do not stack, one more bug for this awful event.

The item needed for purchasing from the NPC is [BCM] Special Transformation Coin [item: 186020284]

The items they keep giving us is [BCM] Special Transformation Coin [item: 186020161] 🙄

I have 2 different stacks too.

unknown.png

On 8/10/2022 at 3:03 AM, Alyta-DN said:

The item needed for purchasing from the NPC is [BCM] Special Transformation Coin [item: 186020284]

The items they keep giving us is [BCM] Special Transformation Coin [item: 186020161] 🙄

I have 2 different stacks too.

unknown.png

I have 2 different stacks too, one of them is from the previous year, I didn't have time to spend them at that time and now they don't work :( 

Now, still worse: I read somewhere in the event description (can't find it now) that the new coins will stay with us until Aug. 17 2022 and then be deleted, so they kinda gave us an additional week to be able to spend them.   

Eig5tnz.png

Now I have 283 coins from this year and I didn't have time to spend them, because the server was about to shut down (I wanted to by Transformation contracts for 5 coins), I hoped I'd be able to spend them during the additional week, but now there's no vendor at the place he was in. What can i do with these coins now? What sense was to give us an additional week for having these coins before deleting them if not  having the vendor for this period??? Please bring the vendor back until Aug.17!!! 

Edited by Nautiz
correction

3 hours ago, Nautiz said:

I have 2 different stacks too, one of them is from the previous year, I didn't have time to spend them at that time and now they don't work :( 

Now, still worse: I read somewhere in the event description (can't find it now) that the new coins will stay with us until Aug. 17 2022 and then be deleted, so they kinda gave us an additional week to be able to spend them.   

Eig5tnz.png

Now I have 283 coins from this year and I didn't have time to spend them, because the server was about to shut down (I wanted to by Transformation contracts for 5 coins), I hoped I'd be able to spend them during the additional week, but now there's no vendor at the place he was in. What can i do with these coins now? What sense was to give us an additional week for having these coins before deleting them if not  having the vendor for this period??? Please bring the vendor back until Aug.17!!! 

This is typical ncsoft. I don't know if sending in a ticket and asking them to swap them out for you could work?
@EMPulse Can anything be done for people to still spend their coins?

• Aion Team

Thanks for your patience, folks.

The Secretive Merchant NPC has been re-added to Sanctum and Gelkmaros and will be available until next week's Aug 17 scheduled maintenance.

Also,  for those of you who have 2 different stacks of coins...one of the coins (186020161) is from last year's event and those cannot be used for the current event.

All coins will be deleted during next week's maintenance.

-EMpulse

3 hours ago, EMPulse said:

The Secretive Merchant NPC has been re-added to Sanctum and Gelkmaros and will be available until next week's Aug 17 scheduled maintenance.

Also,  for those of you who have 2 different stacks of coins...one of the coins (186020161) is from last year's event and those cannot be used for the current event.

-EMpulse

TYVM!

3 hours ago, EMPulse said:

-EMpulse

Thanks a lot!

Can the other stack of these coins be used/exchanged  any other way?

8 hours ago, Alyta-DN said:

That's too bad. I got most of my "last year's event" coins from this current one. 😕 Typical NC style.

No, I got mine from the last year, I believe, I remember playing that event, and then something disctracted me in rl and I didn't have time to spend them on all accounts, I saw like 150-220 coins in the beginning of this year event, hoped to spend them this year, but they didn't show at the vendor :( I think, it's not fair when players spent their time to gather some items and then the items turn out totally unusable. I played since 2013, it was better before. When same events repeated (like Snowballs, Ice-Hot,  Playing Cards (with combining and some scintillating red and yellow cards), etc)  we could use items remaining from the previous years. Even if something changed in the items from year to year, f.e. Winter Coins appeared instead of older kind of broken snowball crystals , but all old items were exchancheable to the  new ones. Evemn when NCSoft became much destructive to event items and deleted all almost all items from Snowballs in 2021, even Ice Prisms, that was cruel but they exchanged them to Event coins. If they don't want us to use the transformation coins from previous years directly, let them exchange them to some other coins, cause it's unfair that we spent much time in vain on this game  that we could spend for quests, studying maps etc, instead of this routine visiting BCM every day, that  not always loads and we have to restart the Aion client if we traveled and played already or changed characters, you know it also takes time and rather boring! Let them exchange old coins to some useful coins or  at least make them consumable to Lumiel transmutation!

10 hours ago, Alyta-DN said:

That's too bad. I got most of my "last year's event" coins from this current one. 😕 Typical NC style.

In the current (recent) event they gave a survey with 20 coins from the last year, then they sent another survey with 20 coins of this year and apologized that the first survey had wrong coins, and said they would be deleted on Aug 17.

I agree that making us unable to spend coins we earned in earlier years, nor exchange them for any other coins or Lumiel transmutation, is unfair!  :(