Reroute Power worth to use it ?

Neleth-KT

Reroute Power and Apply Deadly Poison are not affected by MB...

Reroute Power adds damage to every attack (normal attack or attack skills) you make. (2 or 3 strike normal attacks such as 775+77+77 count as 1 attack only)

10 physical / magical defense = 1 respective damage reduction .

I think Reroute Power damage should be affected by Magical Defense only, which is not possible for players to stack, except a tiny amount by enchanting armors. I haven't test that in detail yet. Mobs probably have much higher than what's attainable by players, but shouldn't be too much (may be in the mid 1000-ish for normal mobs?)

Just tested Reroute Power damage. What I've found so far:

(Base skill damage * (knowledge / 100)  * Damage penalty vs high level mobs (PvE only) - (magical defense / 10)) * PvE/PvP attack and defense modifiers

Not tested with elemental defense so far (whether it goes before or after magical defense)

Where tooltip damage = Base skill damage * (knowledge / 100)

Example:

Templar is level 72, no PvE attack, +8 Reroute Power - 500 base damage (tooltip damage 450)

Against Level 67 Ellosim Trico (common level 2), it has around 480 magic defense, so +8 Reroute Power will do 402 damage to it.

Example 2:

Same templar

Against Level 80 Aetherion Ettin Lord (Primordial creature), it has around 1300 magic defense and exactly 1687 magic suppression.

A character 8 levels below the monster will have damage reduced to 50% before physical/magical defense deduction. Skill is not affect by MB so MS has no effect too. In this case +8 Reroute Power does 95 damage.

reroute power reduces 40% of your BASE armor. your total armor (especially if you have +Power socketed). You only have like 2k base armor, maybe 3k even with full +15 plate gear. You won't increase your damage taken per hit more than your damage delt per hit.

You'd kind of have to be really bad at weaving to have less dps with RRP active. I actually learned that RRP makes sword/board surpass greatsword DPS while active, since you can weave skills about 40% faster with a 1h. You might want to rethink your DPS rotation.

PvP Context
I use RRP as a window for burst as an Assassin, as the phys def reduction is free damage that, when combined with the 2.3x crit mod of the dagger, stacks up very quickly. It's possible that, tactically speaking, you should avoid using RRP unless you have a reliable defensive buff up, or your CC rotation available.

To be honest I never give reroute a chance at +8 instead I got blood pact +8.

I'm not too stubborn for not listen what other people said o_o
My essence currently max out power and precision and blood pact +8 should I move from blood pact to reroute ?

Do u truly believed that sword/shield > greatsword ? I'm not talking about proc skills or courageous shield since u can't really use that against boss.

5 hours ago, Disregard-DN said:

unknown.png

Mathematical proof that RRP is worth using.

also Sorcs have around 2k pdef at full +15 endgame gear, so no, you don't feel like a sorc tanking with RRP on. You feel like a chanter at worst.

This. Defs don't want to have it up without UD or IS lest you really want to feel the pain in aethers hold

4 hours ago, Disregard-DN said:

I made this chart about 2 months ago to help decide what the best dps boost skills were for Templar. you can work out for yourself what the highest output is.

unknown.png

For base skill damage, see the following chart:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UJ02clql2x_GRut1QohmKcZt66KpF78DgaSKfyYueOU/edit#gid=0

Even without a weapon equipped, you still have a 16-20 attack "noweapon" on you. The tooltip will never show the skill's true base damage because of that.

Unenchanted Break Power deals +3100 damage.

7 hours ago, Disregard-DN said:

unknown.png

Mathematical proof that RRP is worth using.

also Sorcs have around 2k pdef at full +15 endgame gear, so no, you don't feel like a sorc tanking with RRP on. You feel like a chanter at worst.

Does not take into account that incoming attacks can crit on you, but Reroute Power never crits.

1300 defense deficit means. assuming 200 Strike Fortitude (0.18x crit strike reduction)

• 276 increased damage when dagger crits on you
  • 197.6 increased damage when staff crits on you

2 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Even without a weapon equipped, you still have a 16-20 attack "noweapon" on you. The tooltip will never show the skill's true base damage because of that.

If you always have that 16-20 base attack, then there is no situation where the raw tooltip damage is relevant. Don't go spectrum on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived