Jump to content
Forums

8.4 is a frustration!


MetaBlack-KT
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't know how to say how disappointed I am with the Daeva's pass replacing Lugbus's missions! 

(I've read the patch notes!!!)

1. No daily login reward. With Lugbug we would receive a Dimensional Hourglass daily, so we could refill it if we spent it yesterday. On Daeva's Pass we only received it once on the 1st login, but the 2nd one doesn't give it and I don't see it anywhere in future planned rewards. How are we supposed to refill it if we spend it in Lakrum and Demaha??? 

2. No rewards for each quest (in daily quests) but only for 4 quests together, and they include Doing a Legion Quest in Apsaranta. What if I don't love Apsaranta, don't understand how to do "legion quests" there or there's no conditions (like our faction conquered a base)? I used to come to 1 or 2 operation sites in Apsaranta trying to get a quest, there were friendly npcs (our faction?) but there was no one to give a quest at all! No one!! I found something about "Legion renown" in the game interface. I have 0 of that, we've never got renown tonics for those while we got lots of tonics for Gelkmaros, Inggisson, Demaha, Katalam, Silentera Canyon. How am I supposed to grow my "legion renown" if I don't get any quests for it??? 

3.  The quest giving Luna Materials Bundle was removed and there is no substitution for it! I was in Luna daily and weekly, it's same as before, the weekly one only gives materials without Luna Light, and you can only get 1 Luna Light in 7 weeks taking loot from the chest. How are we supposed to earn Luna materials now???

Along with this, its especially shocking to read this: 

"Event Dates: October 19, 2022 – November 16, 2022 

A brand-new Daeva Pass has come! Below you’ll find all the details of what rewards to expect! 

Cost: 2240 Luna 

Level: 45 

[Daeva Pass] 

Daeva pass system has been added."

Do you mean we should pay 2240 Luna for the period October 19, 2022 – November 16, 2022? On each character?? And for another month to pay the same amount again? Are you crazy, NCSoft??? Is Aion no longer free to play, let alone "Truly free"???

Free rewards don't look much interesting, compared to what we had from Lugbug. 

Pffftt!

4. Regarding the "Harvest Revel"event.  There is some error or the lie is "working as intended": "Speak with Kabe, the Candy Master each day to receive 2 [BCM] Harvest Revel Transformation Candy Baskets to sample the seasonal transformations!  " It's a lie! I tried the Kabe's quest, she doesn't give any seasonal transformation potions (as it was 3 years ago - Vampires etc), she gives plain ancient transformation potions that just occupy space in our bags! What are they needed for??  The quest to eat, drink, use potions & scrolls doesn't reward anything alone. You need to go to Apsaranta to do a legion quest. Who will use legendary potions and do a legion quest in Apsaranta???  It's nonsense! Everyone has lots of Ultimate transformation potions (Zikel, Nezekan), plus Legendary Apostle and sometimes Ultimate transformation contracts!  

Please give Lugbug back!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surely disapperance of Luna breaks the game.  I also wonder how we will get Dimensional Hourglass afger the first gift with it is spent? As far as I searched, it's possible to buy it in Gelkmaros stores if you have Renown lev 5 of Lakrum, Demaha or Katalam. But what if I spent it and don't have Renown lev 5? Time that is needed abroad can only be earned abroad??? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2022 at 2:16 PM, MetaBlack-KT said:

I don't know how to say how disappointed I am with the Daeva's pass replacing Lugbus's missions! 

(I've read the patch notes!!!)

1. No daily login reward. With Lugbug we would receive a Dimensional Hourglass daily, so we could refill it if we spent it yesterday. On Daeva's Pass we only received it once on the 1st login, but the 2nd one doesn't give it and I don't see it anywhere in future planned rewards. How are we supposed to refill it if we spend it in Lakrum and Demaha??? 

2. No rewards for each quest (in daily quests) but only for 4 quests together, and they include Doing a Legion Quest in Apsaranta. What if I don't love Apsaranta, don't understand how to do "legion quests" there or there's no conditions (like our faction conquered a base)? I used to come to 1 or 2 operation sites in Apsaranta trying to get a quest, there were friendly npcs (our faction?) but there was no one to give a quest at all! No one!! I found something about "Legion renown" in the game interface. I have 0 of that, we've never got renown tonics for those while we got lots of tonics for Gelkmaros, Inggisson, Demaha, Katalam, Silentera Canyon. How am I supposed to grow my "legion renown" if I don't get any quests for it??? 

3.  The quest giving Luna Materials Bundle was removed and there is no substitution for it! I was in Luna daily and weekly, it's same as before, the weekly one only gives materials without Luna Light, and you can only get 1 Luna Light in 7 weeks taking loot from the chest. How are we supposed to earn Luna materials now???

Along with this, its especially shocking to read this: 

"Event Dates: October 19, 2022 – November 16, 2022 

A brand-new Daeva Pass has come! Below you’ll find all the details of what rewards to expect! 

Cost: 2240 Luna 

Level: 45 

[Daeva Pass] 

Daeva pass system has been added."

Do you mean we should pay 2240 Luna for the period October 19, 2022 – November 16, 2022? On each character?? And for another month to pay the same amount again? Are you crazy, NCSoft??? Is Aion no longer free to play, let alone "Truly free"???

Free rewards don't look much interesting, compared to what we had from Lugbug. 

Pffftt!

4. Regarding the "Harvest Revel"event.  There is some error or the lie is "working as intended": "Speak with Kabe, the Candy Master each day to receive 2 [BCM] Harvest Revel Transformation Candy Baskets to sample the seasonal transformations!  " It's a lie! I tried the Kabe's quest, she doesn't give any seasonal transformation potions (as it was 3 years ago - Vampires etc), she gives plain ancient transformation potions that just occupy space in our bags! What are they needed for??  The quest to eat, drink, use potions & scrolls doesn't reward anything alone. You need to go to Apsaranta to do a legion quest. Who will use legendary potions and do a legion quest in Apsaranta???  It's nonsense! Everyone has lots of Ultimate transformation potions (Zikel, Nezekan), plus Legendary Apostle and sometimes Ultimate transformation contracts!  

Please give Lugbug back!!!

I really miss all the benefits from lugbug as well. It gave me a bunch of activities to do while I was online, and some flexibility for how I wanted to finish.

The pass is kind of broken as well, because the food and potions I use don't count for the one task. I literally have to go and buy the cheapest food and drinks and stand there clicking them back and forth in order to finish.

It is hard to do the apsa quests, especially as an Asmodian because most of the time the map is all green, or my quest in the site that is blue is already finished. Finding a group is also nearly impossible.

The only time I even consider buying luna is when they sell the bonus bundles near the end of the year. They use to have a fair system in place that let you at least earn something worth your time.  

I haven't done the Kabe quest in years, it's been useless and a waste of space. They should've updated the candies a long long time ago, or at least given us items to be used in the transmutation window. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Alyta-DN said:

It is hard to do the apsa quests, especially as an Asmodian because most of the time the map is all green, or my quest in the site that is blue is already finished. Finding a group is also nearly impossible.

 

Your quest is finished, how does it happen? Other Asmos captured and there's nothing to do? OMG...

Then it must be called a siege?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MetaBlack-KT said:

Your quest is finished, how does it happen? Other Asmos captured and there's nothing to do? OMG...

Then it must be called a siege?

I try to get as many quests done when they are blue, and the site's quests don't reset every day. So the next day when I come onto the map, most of the ones that are blue have no new quest to do. I guess I could leave quests with 2d on it for the next days, but I've tried that last season and most of the time those sites stayed green and I couldn't flip them, so I lost out. I only play a few hours every day after work. Everything along the bottom takes hours to finish solo, especially when I'm constantly getting pvp'd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Alyta-DN said:

I try to get as many quests done when they are blue, and the site's quests don't reset every day. So the next day when I come onto the map, most of the ones that are blue have no new quest to do. I guess I could leave quests with 2d on it for the next days, but I've tried that last season and most of the time those sites stayed green and I couldn't flip them, so I lost out. I only play a few hours every day after work. Everything along the bottom takes hours to finish solo, especially when I'm constantly getting pvp'd. 

So, if quests have been completed they've been completed by you? Like bases in Gelkmaros and Lakrum? How often are they reset? How do I start getting quests if all my Legion Renown are 1? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2022 at 8:31 PM, MetaBlack-KT said:

So, if quests have been completed they've been completed by you? Like bases in Gelkmaros and Lakrum? How often are they reset? How do I start getting quests if all my Legion Renown are 1? 

When you go to apsa and you walk the map, if you walk to a blue site (or green if you're an Ely) the quest will automatically pop up in your quest window (in the very last tab, called "Legion"). When you finish the quest, if the site is blue (or green if you're an Ely), it will automatically turn in. If the site has been flipped when you finish the quest, it will not auto complete. Sites 11 and 12 do not follow this rule, they do not need to be captured by your faction and can be picked up and finished whenever.

If the middle site, site 4 is blue, you can teleport to it because it has no renown requirement. When you get to renown level 2 you will be able to teleport to site 7 and 8 with the teleporters. You will also need an apsa teleport scroll for every time you want to use the teleporter. 

When you or your faction capture a site it will be invulnerable for 30min. After 30min it will be considered vulnerable and the opposite faction can come flip it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8.4 is awful

You cannot get more Lunas, so it is impossible to get more entries to the Minium Vault which has the consequence that it becomes impossible to evolve a Minion.

I used to buy a Prestige Pass, but I will no longer buy it. When I started buying it, it was because I needed to get grade A Minions... but what's the point now, that they can't be evolved?

You can't get more dimensional hourglass, except for a few that the new system gives.. so before entering servers that require it you have to think a lot about it... therefore the renown of those servers is lost.

Ludbugs' quest system kept me entertained and the quests were rewarding. This new system doesn't keep me entertained anymore and the rewards they give are less important than Ludbugs.

I'll wait to see if when this season is over, they make changes to revive the gameplay... but if they don't, I think a lot of people will drop out.

In short...this new patch is frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2022 at 9:16 PM, MetaBlack-KT said:

I don't know how to say how disappointed I am with the Daeva's pass replacing Lugbus's missions! 

(I've read the patch notes!!!)

1. No daily login reward. With Lugbug we would receive a Dimensional Hourglass daily, so we could refill it if we spent it yesterday. On Daeva's Pass we only received it once on the 1st login, but the 2nd one doesn't give it and I don't see it anywhere in future planned rewards. How are we supposed to refill it if we spend it in Lakrum and Demaha??? 

2. No rewards for each quest (in daily quests) but only for 4 quests together, and they include Doing a Legion Quest in Apsaranta. What if I don't love Apsaranta, don't understand how to do "legion quests" there or there's no conditions (like our faction conquered a base)? I used to come to 1 or 2 operation sites in Apsaranta trying to get a quest, there were friendly npcs (our faction?) but there was no one to give a quest at all! No one!! I found something about "Legion renown" in the game interface. I have 0 of that, we've never got renown tonics for those while we got lots of tonics for Gelkmaros, Inggisson, Demaha, Katalam, Silentera Canyon. How am I supposed to grow my "legion renown" if I don't get any quests for it??? 

3.  The quest giving Luna Materials Bundle was removed and there is no substitution for it! I was in Luna daily and weekly, it's same as before, the weekly one only gives materials without Luna Light, and you can only get 1 Luna Light in 7 weeks taking loot from the chest. How are we supposed to earn Luna materials now???

Along with this, its especially shocking to read this: 

"Event Dates: October 19, 2022 – November 16, 2022 

A brand-new Daeva Pass has come! Below you’ll find all the details of what rewards to expect! 

Cost: 2240 Luna 

Level: 45 

[Daeva Pass] 

Daeva pass system has been added."

Do you mean we should pay 2240 Luna for the period October 19, 2022 – November 16, 2022? On each character?? And for another month to pay the same amount again? Are you crazy, NCSoft??? Is Aion no longer free to play, let alone "Truly free"???

Free rewards don't look much interesting, compared to what we had from Lugbug. 

Pffftt!

4. Regarding the "Harvest Revel"event.  There is some error or the lie is "working as intended": "Speak with Kabe, the Candy Master each day to receive 2 [BCM] Harvest Revel Transformation Candy Baskets to sample the seasonal transformations!  " It's a lie! I tried the Kabe's quest, she doesn't give any seasonal transformation potions (as it was 3 years ago - Vampires etc), she gives plain ancient transformation potions that just occupy space in our bags! What are they needed for??  The quest to eat, drink, use potions & scrolls doesn't reward anything alone. You need to go to Apsaranta to do a legion quest. Who will use legendary potions and do a legion quest in Apsaranta???  It's nonsense! Everyone has lots of Ultimate transformation potions (Zikel, Nezekan), plus Legendary Apostle and sometimes Ultimate transformation contracts!  

Please give Lugbug back!!!

1) The hourglass is indeed not every day but it no longer expires and there are a few steps of the daeva pass that give an hourglass again. Sure thing if you need to be on a timed map every day it can be a hustle. You can buy some hourglass from the renown NPC with level 5 renown on multiple maps. *The hourglassed maps were never meant for anyone to be able to be there 24/7 unfortunately.

2) The daeva pass is a better idea, not implemented fully user firendly.
--> In lugbug if you missed a day you missed all the rewards for that day, in daeva pass you do not miss anything, you keep the rewards for the whole season and unlock them in steps via quest points,
--> The daeva pass has better rewards overall, ultimate enchnats, paragon enchants, a set amount of transformation fragments (only the legendary are too little) etc. The fact you can buy the steps is another good idea but they implemented it too expensive. So even if you cannot play a whole week you can always come back and do enough quests for enough points to unlock all rewards. In lugbug you would have missed a whole week worth of rewards. In daeva pass you can log once every 40 days and pay for everything and they unlock.
As I said the idea is better, the execution might be faulty or too expensive.

3) The luna pouch issue is not an 8.4 thing, we still have the luna instance, NA removed the pouch from there and put it in lugbug daily, now they removed the lugbug and didn't re-implement the luna pouch elsewhere. If our servers never bugged due to bots in luna, the pouch would have still been there. 8.4 is irrelevant to that matter, this is clearly a NA feature.

Also doing quests in apsaranta is rather easy, give it a shot, usually camp 1 on elyos and camp 2 on asmodians are super easy and those two camps flip every half an hour or so.
~~~

For daeva pass my only concern is that there are other seasonal quest that require to kill world bosses or enter some instances and I know will never do those, they give 250+ points, so I wonder if the daily and weekly points are enough to give me all the steps of the daeva pass for the whole season if I can't do those hardcore ones. And that is because the end reward has a lot of ultimate fragments for transformation.

Edited by Arhangelos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More disadvantages and advantages having this new Daeva Pass:

Advantages:

You don't have to feel frustrated trying to get Ultimate Memory Shards.  its a standard 10 every 9 levels.  more if you open the premium section using lunas

Disadvantages:

I miss having free shards, food and essencetapping mats.  Now i have to buy them

I miss cubic boxes on my not so geared account

The season is really short.  Around 40 days which means you rush around getting Holy Water?  Who can be bothered to redo this after 1month+ ?

8.4 supposed to tell us how to get Lumiel & Yustiel but its silent in the patch notes.

You don't feel a sense of accomplishment after clearing a Daeva Pass quest coz there is no interim reward.

Some of the quest is harder to clear.  They gave us Auto Hunt but how to use Auto Hunt to kill Elite mobs in Gelk?  It defeats the purpose of having autohunt  

Not everything updates the Daeva Pass.  My SW had an Event Oath Tablet.  Did the Oath but no update in the Daeva Pass.  

Why so much emphasis on Kaldor?  Kill Boss Darock?  Kill mini bosses?  Why?  That zone had been a failure since it was introduced in 4.x  Why nothing in Lakrum/Demaha/Crimson Katalam?  Not to mention these Kaldor bosses cannot be killed unless you already have some FS armor or you go with a group.

 

On Aion EU, the Luna Light is back in Contaminated Path.  We have been cheated from NA's cut & paste.

I don't even know what to say about A and S miniums.  I know you can get them at level 9 renown for A miniums  but really, it requires so many experience marks which can be better used for something else

The number of entries to instances reduced and now even doing the Harvest event is such a chore.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2022 at 2:57 PM, Arhangelos said:

2) The daeva pass is a better idea, not implemented fully user firendly.
--> In lugbug if you missed a day you missed all the rewards for that day, in daeva pass you do not miss anything, you keep the rewards for the whole season and unlock them in steps via quest points,
--> The daeva pass has better rewards overall, ultimate enchnats, paragon enchants, a set amount of transformation fragments (only the legendary are too little) etc. The fact you can buy the steps is another good idea but they implemented it too expensive. So even if you cannot play a whole week you can always come back and do enough quests for enough points to unlock all rewards. In lugbug you would have missed a whole week worth of rewards. In daeva pass you can log once every 40 days and pay for everything and they unlock.
As I said the idea is better, the execution might be faulty or too expensive.

 

You talk about advantages of Daeva pass - you mean Premium? What about the free one? I wanna discuss what I really have.  I still don't understand whether  it counts/accunulates progress when I do every day 2 daily quests, sometimes 3? (All but Apsaranta) Does it count/accumulate progress when I do 1 or 2 weekly quests (buy items by exp marks, craft Daevanion skill)? On my various characters with Free version, I only got 1 or 2 first rewards  - Dimensional Hourglass and Glyph shards. I don't know why we need 10 glyph shards of 100 while we get several full heavy glyphs from Kerub for free? What will be the 3d reward and are we really moving to it with such way of completing quests?  So far, the gone Lugbug system seems to me much more useful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2022 at 2:57 PM, Arhangelos said:

3) The luna pouch issue is not an 8.4 thing, we still have the luna instance, NA removed the pouch from there and put it in lugbug daily, now they removed the lugbug and didn't re-implement the luna pouch elsewhere. If our servers never bugged due to bots in luna, the pouch would have still been there. 8.4 is irrelevant to that matter, this is clearly a NA feature.

What bots in Luna?? Why servers bugged? Luna is a passive instance, the daily one is easy, to kill several balls in the end and take the loot.  The weekly one is more intensive, but there they do give Luna materials. Luna Light is very slowly gotten though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, MetaBlack-KT said:

What bots in Luna?? Why servers bugged? Luna is a passive instance, the daily one is easy, to kill several balls in the end and take the loot.  The weekly one is more intensive, but there they do give Luna materials. Luna Light is very slowly gotten though. 

One of the possible 3rd waves of the Luna daily spawns 150 zombies (3 waves of 50 each).

With lots of people AFK that instance, and one in four of these instances have these 150 zombies spawning at same time, these put lots of stress on Katalam server, causing gamebreaking NPC bugs that required NCWest to do mid-week server restarts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, MetaBlack-KT said:

You talk about advantages of Daeva pass - you mean Premium? What about the free one? I wanna discuss what I really have.  I still don't understand whether  it counts/accunulates progress when I do every day 2 daily quests, sometimes 3? (All but Apsaranta) Does it count/accumulate progress when I do 1 or 2 weekly quests (buy items by exp marks, craft Daevanion skill)? On my various characters with Free version, I only got 1 or 2 first rewards  - Dimensional Hourglass and Glyph shards. I don't know why we need 10 glyph shards of 100 while we get several full heavy glyphs from Kerub for free? What will be the 3d reward and are we really moving to it with such way of completing quests?  So far, the gone Lugbug system seems to me much more useful.

You can see the free rewards by hovering over them. I am already at stage 31 free daeva pass. The p2w daeva pass obviously has additional better rewards.

You do the daily/weekly/season quests and get points. Every 100 points you unlock a daeva pass stage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2022 at 2:17 AM, MetaBlack-KT said:

You talk about advantages of Daeva pass - you mean Premium? What about the free one? I wanna discuss what I really have.  I still don't understand whether  it counts/accunulates progress when I do every day 2 daily quests, sometimes 3? (All but Apsaranta) Does it count/accumulate progress when I do 1 or 2 weekly quests (buy items by exp marks, craft Daevanion skill)? On my various characters with Free version, I only got 1 or 2 first rewards  - Dimensional Hourglass and Glyph shards. I don't know why we need 10 glyph shards of 100 while we get several full heavy glyphs from Kerub for free? What will be the 3d reward and are we really moving to it with such way of completing quests?  So far, the gone Lugbug system seems to me much more useful.

I'll post this image so you see al the free rewards we can have, first level is the 2x hourlass and the rest are by unlocking steps. When you do your daily quests you get 10 points per quest, weekly quests give more points and seasonal even more.

Every 100 points you unlock a stage in the daeva pass and you can hit the claim button to get the rewards up to that step. If you do not claim them, they will be sent to you via mail at the end of the season. You can also use luna to buy steps, 150 luna per step so this could cost a lot if you wanted to buy all 45 steps without doing any quests.

These are the free rewards at all 45 step including the first step. As you can see there are a total of 20 hourglasses for the whole season only (40 days) but those no longer expire. A lot of ultimate enchant boxes which contain a selectable ultimate enchant or ultimate paragon enchant, stigma enchants, transformation shards and consumables.

Daeva-Pass-free.jpg

~~~

Then you also have the p2w daeva pass, this needs to be unlocked with a price and then, every time you unlock a step you get both the free step reward and the p2w step reward. So this means just because you unlocked the p2w daeva pass that doesn't mean you got the rewards too... you still have to unlock all 45 steps to get all the possible rewards (or buy the steps with more luna).

These are all the p2w daeva pass rewards. As you can see these are much better rewards obviously, holy waters, one more ultimate breath of transformation, ultimate shards and two awesome passives one title and one item collection passive which give a ton of m.attack/p.attack and HP.

Daeva-Pass-paid.jpg

Edited by Arhangelos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2022 at 9:57 PM, The Secret Cow Level said:

One of the possible 3rd waves of the Luna daily spawns 150 zombies (3 waves of 50 each).

With lots of people AFK that instance, and one in four of these instances have these 150 zombies spawning at same time, these put lots of stress on Katalam server, causing gamebreaking NPC bugs that required NCWest to do mid-week server restarts.

The easier fix to that was just to disable the crawlers from the mob rotation, you had runs where they didnt spawn at all so its not like they were needed for the instance to function, and they can still do that and restore the luna rewards. But now this "happy little accident" happened where they kinda forgot about luna being in lugbug and removed all together, so they are just going to keep ignoring the issue until "morale improves" i guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/31/2022 at 2:24 PM, Arhangelos said:

As you can see there are a total of 20 hourglasses for the whole season only (40 days, 4 weeks, aka 28 days) but those no longer expire.

@MetaBlack-KT I have to correct the 40 days statement, it was before they showed the actual season time, the correct season is 4 weeks in total (28 days).

Edited by Arhangelos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...