[COMPLETE] Emergency Server Maintenance - February 15, 2023 [Aion Classic]

Roseae

2 minutes ago, Hakai-DN said:

this whole day lost for maintenance, will it count on my siel aura, ncsoft?

That's a pretty valid question in the sea of complaints about rollbacks. Ideally, I'd like to think that if they do rollback, you'll regain that day also.

this patch has been nyerked anyway,  because they didn't give us the class or the housing that they gave korea so they said nyerk the us again like they don't treat us like shit enough anyway. they had to go off and not give us shit and nyerk it up in the process way to go ncsoft. you guys are total dumb asses. if it wasn't for the fact that i like my friends on the game i would take off and leave this shit hole in the dust.

1 minute ago, Kissychicky said:

this patch has been nyerked anyway,  because they didn't give us the class or the housing that they gave korea so they said nyerk the us again like they don't treat us like shit enough anyway. they had to go off and not give us shit and nyerk it up in the process way to go ncsoft. you guys are total dumb asses. if it wasn't for the fact that i like my friends on the game i would take off and leave this shit hole in the dust.

NA is always behind the Korean version, generally 6mths, because the game is written in Korean, and has to be translated to English, which is not a simple mouse click, they have to hire professional voice over artists for any new or changed content. I believe that part is done in Japan.

7 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

NA is always behind the Korean version, generally 6mths, because the game is written in Korean, and has to be translated to English, which is not a simple mouse click, they have to hire professional voice over artists for any new or changed content. I believe that part is done in Japan.

Except, Almost all that is done already. Remember Retail is in English and classic is just repackaged content from the archives. It is just slightly modified to fit the population of our servers, playing habits, and slight mix match of different patches from Retail.

Edited by Joxer

11 minutes ago, Joxer said:

Except, Almost all that is done already. Remember Retail is in English and classic is just repackaged content from the archives. It is just slightly modified to fit the population of our servers, playing habits, and slight mix match of different patches from Retail.

Not so, Tiak was a whole new instance, with campaign quest, cinematic voice over etc.

14 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

Not so, Tiak was a whole new instance, with campaign quest, cinematic voice over etc.

1 patch....Everything else has been regurgitated content. We are not talking all new content here Cyfur. Please note I did say "almost".

Edited by Joxer

21 minutes ago, Joxer said:

1 patch....Everything else has been regurgitated content. We are not talking all new content here Cyfur. Please note I did say "almost".

Tiak had to be translated into English, Chinese, Japanese. The voice over actors don't just sit there waiting for new Aion content, they have to be booked, and I bet they don't book them untill the game is running well for weeks on the Korean servers first.

Internationalization of game content takes time, this is not news, been discussed by others before, why do you think after each patch some dialogs come up in Korean again? There is a lot to check in a game and stuff always gets missed. New gear, interface changes, they all have to be checked.

However, this outage is something very different, not just an internationalization issue.

2 minutes ago, Daron said:

5 hours of emergency maintence by now, plus more 5 hours for the regular maintence update early this day. Cmon devs we belive in you, you guys can solve this problem ❤️

Yeah, I am so sick of waiting, that I have resorted playing Aion retail atm to see what has changed this year.

9 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

Yeah, I am so sick of waiting, that I have resorted playing Aion retail atm to see what has changed this year.

lol playing retail just to stay in the world of Atreia ❤️ sadly i dont have in my pc right now