Ok so what's the deal with drop rates, ever getting fixed?

Zandramas

3 hours ago, Zandramas said:

Been many weeks now with no solution to white drops etc...what's getting done if anything?

It's not going to be addressed.

Aion EU will be utilizing the same fix/patch with nerfed drop rates - probably to combat RMT and other outside-game-transactions based on in game drop mechanics

Thus, both locations will continue like this..

On 4/7/2023 at 2:33 AM, Zurl said:

I just got an Attack+5 in Dredge, so they are still dropping there.

Ok nice, you dropped 1 attack+5, you need 99 more for socketing 1 part 6 slots

On 4/5/2023 at 4:52 PM, Zandramas said:

Been many weeks now with no solution to white drops etc...what's getting done if anything?

Nothing at all.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:52 PM, Kickenklober said:

It's not going to be addressed.

Aion EU will be utilizing the same fix/patch with nerfed drop rates - probably to combat RMT and other outside-game-transactions based on in game drop mechanics

Thus, both locations will continue like this..

That's mere speculation

3 hours ago, Shirene-DN said:

Nothing at all.

That's mere speculation

Not sure what you are stating as speculation. The EU patch notes are clear… My reasoning is speculation sure; however, it would be hard to deny that this reason is not a reason or part of the reasoning for such changes

4 hours ago, Kickenklober said:

Not sure what you are stating as speculation. The EU patch notes are clear… My reasoning is speculation sure; however, it would be hard to deny that this reason is not a reason or part of the reasoning for such changes

where are these patch notes?

On 4/5/2023 at 10:52 PM, Zandramas said:

I am playing Aion since Korean Beta(not classic), 

drop rate never has change, accept it and do more run is the only way :’)

This is the way Korean’s mmorpg works, live it or quit it, being the most top player and armed with perfect gear (sometimes needs multiple sets) needs hard work, same as Korean RL society :’)

It is never going to change because the eco system over in KR is this.

• Bots farm kinah + subscribe to the game.
  • Players buy kinah from bots.
  • The players buy items from the same bots with the kinah they buy
  • The cycle continues.

KR refuses to localize for other regions. That's it. That's the answer.
KR can keep the rates as is because they have 10k people and bots playing. With that many dropping things, healthy amount of bots, the economy is less affected.
NA has 500 players on a good day. So the drop rate is far inadequate for that player base, but nothing can be done on NA's end because KR wont allow it.
So either deal, or get 8000 more friends to play. 

10 minutes ago, Peachyy said:

KR can keep the rates as is because they have 10k people and bots playing. With that many dropping things, healthy amount of bots, the economy is less affected.
NA has 500 players on a good day. So the drop rate is far inadequate for that player base, but nothing can be done on NA's end because KR wont allow it.

It's the drops per-capita that count, obviously with more players they also consume more dropped items, it's not an economy of scale thing, it's proportional.

To change the balance, you need to change the portion of the server population that needs the specific drops.

eg. if the server is full of physical damage players, then magic stones are probably not all that popular, and there may be a shortage of crit and attack stones.

I played most of this weekend, and got a blue Nachal's Spear and a gold Elder chain piece, but zero white drops besides junk like Wild Ginseng. No manastones, no white gear. I've noticed this for awhile, it seems like rare/uncommon drop rate is relatively normal, but the common white drops are just gone. Given the rate of failure on manastones, it's really important that they drop. Or we just get used to playing with unsocketed gear lol

They way they are addressing it in Korea is to make dropped items worth only 1 kinah when sold to the merchant.

That should reduce the bot farmers, and hopefully allow an increase in the drop rate again.

The bot farmers have been injecting too much kinah into the economy via selling to the merchant, so they are going to stop that.

When we get the patch I don't know, Korea got it in Feb.

Edited by Zurl

12 hours ago, Shirene-DN said:

Or we stop supporting (money) a company who has clearly given up on their own product/service.

There's no point in simply not paying. As long as you're still playing, you are content for other players who do pay. The only way to boycott is to uninstall.

Yep. GF devs said that they discussed with Korea and tried to get it changed, but Korea refused. They also said that discussion will remain open and that they'll monitor the situation post launch, but personally I think that if Korea wasn't willing to adapt it for the launch patch, they're definitely not going to put work into changing it later. EU is stuck with no loot, just like NA. Only the effects will be far worse on a fresh server where noone has anything.

Edited by Eliseth
typo

On 4/11/2023 at 3:24 AM, Peachyy said:

We'd probably have more players if the current players stop getting in LFG and complaining for hours on end.  Nothing can be  done by talking in LFG.
Yesterday, a new player sat in the starter zone listening and asking questions for about an hour - deciding if they wanted to play or not play.  I invited them to my guild, gave them some lower potions/food which I make and assisted them when they needed help with campaigns. 

And yesterday - over and over we have new players trying to find groups for  campaigns... All you hear in LFG chiding or the  insults start again.. or "You'll never find anyone to help you".  Clicking these names, you can see they are level 55.  I am 55, I have no alts.  So I go assist.  

We can decide to play  - and how we play actually does have a ripple effect.  This new person sitting in the  new zone indicated someone whispered them to "Log out and go die".  Really?   This  is what the game has come to?  

Here's the thing... community matters also. We can have the best drops... but if we are ugly to others... especially new folks.. yeah - we are still going to be  at 500 or less players on any given day.  Now I know folks don't start out this way and as a game has issues, people get angry - annoyed and verbal.  But let's decide to stay, and wait it out - or go.  But how about not sit there in LFG and ensure new players won't stay - or make fun of them not being able to do a campaign solo.  

Edited by Adorkable

LFG is also flooded with kinah spammers,  and I expect many users have no idea how to deal with that so they ignore LFG.

When 2.7 comes out on May 9th, there will be a stack of players rolling new toons, so it will be a golden opportunity for people to find groups for the lower level stuff.

Should also spike up the number of low level stigmas on the brokers.

9 hours ago, Zurl said:

LFG is also flooded with kinah spammers,  and I expect many users have no idea how to deal with that so they ignore LFG

What?

There are exactly 2 kinah spammers on the elyos side, they've been the same 2 accounts for months. Blocking is easy and intuitive.

9 hours ago, Zurl said:

Should also spike up the number of low level stigmas on the brokers.

Lol

Edited by Eliseth

On 4/11/2023 at 6:43 PM, Zurl said:

They way they are addressing it in Korea is to make dropped items worth only 1 kinah when sold to the merchant.

That should reduce the bot farmers, and hopefully allow an increase in the drop rate again.

The bot farmers have been injecting too much kinah into the economy via selling to the merchant, so they are going to stop that.

When we get the patch I don't know, Korea got it in Feb.

Didn't KR also add kinah/item quests and kinah rewards to pvp quests? 

I have been trying to see if the player base over there has commented much on that change but haven't had any luck so far. 

The problem with NCWest isn't so much the drop rates. It's the sheer lack of communication, the promises to fix it when they probably are not even allowed to, and the blatant refusal to respond to players who requested refunds. I mean, if they can't fix it due to contract terms then they can't fix it. But say something geez 🙄

The reasons you are all giving for the lack of drops is bs. They were working to most players expectations before the recent patch and server roll back. So clearly something changed, and the lack of any response from ncsoft is clear indication there is something going on that none of us are privy to. 

My personal view is that they want the us server to die...but something is preventing them from pulling the plug completely, which makes me believe some kind of contract obligation or similar.

11 hours ago, Kirrah said:

The reasons you are all giving for the lack of drops is bs. They were working to most players expectations before the recent patch and server roll back.

As far as I know, the timetable was like this:

1. Korea introduced nerfed drop rates (presumably to combat bots)

2. NA got nerfed drop rates

3. players complained, NC West staff negotiated a change with Korea

4. (not sure about the exact moment of this) NC West layoffs got rid of all the people on the Aion team that actually cared, including the ones that negotiated a change before

5. a patch (2.5?) came and introduced the drop issue that led to the decision to do a rollback

6. rollback undid the negotiated NA specific change and reverted to the nerfed world drops

7. since noone is left at NC West that gives a nyerk and NC Korea puts as little effort as possible into their Western servers, we are now stuck with it forever