Weekly Server Maintenance - April 11, 2023 [Aion Classic]

GM Vega

50 minutes ago, Zurl said:

As I pointed out, above, from the Korean patch notes, expect the drop rates to get even worse. The devs are trying to kill bots.

Instead you will get kinah etc from quests, dungeons, sieges, so get over it.

GET OVER IT? We will by leaving the game like everyone else? How long does it take to get a single manastone drop? 2 months?

I've given up on creating new toons or even trying for another gear set. It's not possible in ANY reasonable timeframe. TF outta here.

Edited by Heathen

17 minutes ago, Alance said:

Anyone else not able to log in? It says unable to connect to authorization server

Still 1.25 hours until its supposed to be back up...Balaur will probably have forts so well have to wait to retake ...Just my theory haha

54 minutes ago, Heathen said:

GET OVER IT? We will by leaving the game like everyone else? How long does it take to get a single manastone drop? 2 months?

I've given up on creating new toons or even trying for another gear set. It's not possible in ANY reasonable timeframe. TF outta here.

"Everyone else" is not leaving as you claim.

The devs are trying to address the serious bot problem, and you are simply impatient.

Some people even claim the bots are a good thing, but that is not the global consensus, in other countries they hate them.

Just now, Zurl said:

The devs are trying to address the serious bot problem, and you are simply impatient.

Some people even claim the bots are a good thing, but that is not the global consensus, in other countries they hate them.

Simple solution... Employ a team of 5 to GM the server.

Seems much more sensible and reasonable than screwing the droprate, economy and people's drive to play the game that they are currently choosing.

2 minutes ago, Zurl said:

This ain't "other countries". I hate bots as much as the next guy but I'd rather have a playable game with bots than this shit without them. 

Time to stop trolling my dude. 

4 minutes ago, Airm-DN said:

This ain't "other countries". I hate bots as much as the next guy but I'd rather have a playable game with bots than this shit without them. 

Well you are not going to get it, so run away and troll elsewhere.

The devs have already announced their intention with drops 2 months ago in Korea,  they wan to kill kinah from bots, and I have seen absolutely nothing here to say NA is going to be any different.

2 hours ago, Filpitimoulak said:

This guy was spamming advertizement for a private server in /3 

Hate if you want, I wasn't promoting private servers, but i was clear in saying that if a private sever can fix the errors the whole community is facing rn, then why are we supporting and giving money to NCsoft when it's clear that they don't have the capacity to listen to the issues of the community. Call me out for spamming adds for a private server, but i am calling out the mods and developers for not caring or tending to the community, which is BY FAR a much more serious offense which includes you too. 

6 minutes ago, Airm-DN said:

Bingo. 

It was bots + inflation + people playing the game + drops

Now it's no bots + no items on broker anyway + missing lots of people leaving + no drops

Imagine imagining. 

Just now, Zurl said:

Well you are not going to get it, so run away and troll elsewhere.

The devs have already announced their intention with drops 2 months ago in Korea,  they wan to kill kinah from bots, and I have seen absolutely nothing here to say NA is going to be any different.

Says literally the only guy that seems to be supporting this decision. Koreans hate bots, good for them. Let them kill bots. 

I seem to remember that back in August of last year or 2021 there was this issue and NCWest reversed it. Why not now? Because they think they can get you to pay for passes that give you the stuff. This is just microtransaction hell. Paying for Siel's Aura to enjoy full game benefits? Sure. Retail was like that back in the day so it adds to the experience. Does buying a season pass to get all your loot? No thanks.

There is a simple fix for the bots that they have in place: Siel's Aura. There is a lot they could do with that. Change the rarity of drops so that nothing drops for those without Siel's Aura. Instate a mentor program so that new players can get the benefits of Siel's Aura in the first few levels when grouped with an Aura holder. 

Will there be bots? Sure, but in order to do anything they would still have to buy the Aura which leads to more income for the company if bots do pay. Overall, the outcome would be fewer bots, more income, and a better overall player experience. 

They are taking the lazy way out and expecting us to pay for this anyway. It's garbage. 

15 minutes ago, Airm-DN said:

Says literally the only guy that seems to be supporting this decision. Koreans hate bots, good for them. Let them kill bots. 

I seem to remember that back in August of last year or 2021 there was this issue and NCWest reversed it. Why not now? Because they think they can get you to pay for passes that give you the stuff. This is just microtransaction hell. Paying for Siel's Aura to enjoy full game benefits? Sure. Retail was like that back in the day so it adds to the experience. Does buying a season pass to get all your loot? No thanks.

There is a simple fix for the bots that they have in place: Siel's Aura. There is a lot they could do with that. Change the rarity of drops so that nothing drops for those without Siel's Aura. Instate a mentor program so that new players can get the benefits of Siel's Aura in the first few levels when grouped with an Aura holder. 

Will there be bots? Sure, but in order to do anything they would still have to buy the Aura which leads to more income for the company if bots do pay. Overall, the outcome would be fewer bots, more income, and a better overall player experience. 

They are taking the lazy way out and expecting us to pay for this anyway. It's garbage. 

Imagine thousands of people PAYING CASH MONEY to your company PER DAY which has to be in the multiple thousands of dollars and screwing the player base by not employing GM's to be online on the server.  #ultimateGreed #fThePlayersBasically

Edited by Heathen

5 minutes ago, Zurl said:

Many people are leaving the game, or have simply stopped subscribing. Myself included. The bot problem in NA is nowhere near as bad as the bot problem in KR; so, there's no reason for us to get shafted by the same policies. Their war on bots has been ongoing from the launch of Classic; but, they've not once taken a step to actually punish them without punishing legitimate players, as well (to my knowledge). There are a handful of problems that people complaining here have; with the highest ranking one simply being that there's no communication from NCSOFT West about the issue.

4 minutes ago, Crackshot said:

Simple solution... Employ a team of 5 to GM the server.

Seems much more sensible and reasonable than screwing the droprate, economy and people's drive to play the game that they are currently choosing.

Employing someone in the west is expensive. There probably aren't enough people buying things in this game to cover even a single employee dedicated to it. I would hope that's not true; but, sadly....

Anyway, if they hired a single person dedicated to oversight of Aion Classic with a technical background to create regional fixes, cultivate and engage with the community, and take action against bots/cheaters, they might actually see a return on their investment. That's assuming, of course, that the license from the KR developers actually allows them to take such actions.

The biggest issue in-game right now is how scarce drops are. It even seems like some items have been removed from the drop pool entirely. This may have been an effort against bots, but it punishes legitimate players more than else. If NCSOFT West has the authority to make changes regarding the drop rates, then they need to do so. If not, they need to tell us their hands are tied.

It's baffling to me that this issue has been ongoing for so long. If they don't have permission to make the change, there's not much they can do; but, if they have permission, this should have been fixed within one day. I've seen people saying it takes time for a fix like this; but, it doesn't take several weeks worth. We were told the issue would be addressed by March 1st; but, now six weeks past that, it has yet to be fixed, or even acknowledged again.

The irritation within the community is understandable; and, to make matters worse, we're getting the silent treatment from the NA team; who are likely not going to tell us anything until they have a fix ready to apply.

If anyone from the NA team reads this post, please tell the KR developers that making changes to game mechanics is never effective against cheaters. Please suggest that they shift their focus to breaking cheating software through automated (and randomized) obfuscation/reorganization of client code and network opcodes/protocol. This could be an automated part of the build process for the client/server. While a slight inconvenience, players will generally not complain about a client update that breaks cheating software; and, the developers who created the cheating software will have to fight an uphill battle to reverse engineer the new client functions/object memory layout before they get altered again by another update. Making the development and distribution of effective cheating software infeasible should be a higher priority than punishing legitimate, non cheating, players.

18 minutes ago, Yon said:

If anyone from the NA team reads this post, please tell the KR developers that making changes to game mechanics is never effective against cheaters.

It's obviously not directed at cheaters, they are trying to stop the kinah inflation from bot runners selling stuff to the merchants.

Where do you think the gold spammers get their kinah from?

They want people to get their rewards by doing quests, sieges, and instances, not farming mobs in the open and selling the drops to the merchant.

I am not making this up, I have read the February notice on the Korean servers board about this, which you clearly have not.

If you want to see an English translation of the kinah notice, watch this video at the 18:25min mark.

Edited by Zurl

13 minutes ago, Zurl said:

It's obviously not directed at cheaters, they are trying to stop the kinah inflation from bot runners selling stuff to the merchants.

Where do you think the gold spammers get their kinah from?

You do understand that botting is cheating, right?

21 minutes ago, Zurl said:

They want people to get their rewards by doing quests, sieges, and instances, not farming mobs in the open and selling the drops to the merchant.

I am not making this up, I have read the February notice on the Korean servers board about this, which you clearly have not.

The problem is, NCWest has not yet (to my knowledge) implemented the types of quests/rewards that are mentioned in that update. So, that may have happened in Korea but that has not happened in NA. It is still impossible to get items or kinah with any sort of reliability. 

If that is their solution then I can get behind that. NA has yet to do or SAY anything about what they are doing. 

So again, what applies in Korea does not apply here. If NCSoft were running this server I doubt we would be complaining right now. 

28 minutes ago, Yon said:

You do understand that botting is cheating, right?

Cheating is a value judgement, not a fact, which is not for you or I to determine, it is decided and enforced (or ignored) by the NCsoft staff.

Edited by Zurl

1 hour ago, Airm-DN said:

Bot accounts pay Siel too, some people are making thousands of $ a month from that, so the Siel is nothing.

A couple problems...

1.) Aion doesn't really make NCsoft money any longer. Majority of the balance sheet is mobile games. The only game that makes NCsoft less money of B&S. There is no incentive to change the loot rates in Aion unfortunately.

2.) Drop rates in instances were changed as well. If this was only a way to fix bots, I don't think instances would have been affected . However, maybe KR has issues with Instance bots too.

3.) NA got their PayPal account in trouble today as PayPal issued refunds for escalated complaints. This could possibly force the hand to make the requested changes, but I am personally not holding my breath. However, do keep in mind a PayPal refund does get your accounts banned. So, I am all for "money talks", but it will come at a price.

Joxer/Knoxer/Joxtrap are all banned over my choice of using my money to make a point. I will miss them and everyone I played with. ❤️

3 hours ago, Saule said:

Before introducing cool new classes or cool new areas, please pay attention to the lack of drops!  Fix the damn problems first!

The devs caused the reduction in the world drops, it's not some glitch they missed.