Any plan from NC to balance the population?

19s31901

Currently, even NCsoft (internal) shown a ratio of 6.2 (elyos) to 3.8  (asmo) at all times. But asmo are more active in seige and more geared player(at the moment). But since NC is planning to hand out free pvp gear to everyone, things would flip soon if elyo's pve hero also comes to seige or open pvp. 

So any plan from NC on this? LFG on Asmo is much less active then elyos, it would take 50% more time to LFG anytime for asmo (even during peak hours).

Siege balance is determined by participation rate. Just like voter turn out in an election. It's not something you can control easily.

More active, and coordinated Legion leaders, can make a huge difference to siege turnout.

Also if players don't think they can win, they wont bother to try.

Today on Nezekan, the leaders started calling many hours earlier, than they have in the past, for people to attend the Temple of Scales siege.

That worked, and we finally got enough of a turn out to take the fort for the first time.  It wasn't a faction balance issue, just a participation issue.

Edited by Zurl

On 6/4/2023 at 8:16 AM, 19s31901 said:

Currently, even NCsoft (internal) shown a ratio of 6.2 (elyos) to 3.8  (asmo) at all times. But asmo are more active in seige and more geared player(at the moment). But since NC is planning to hand out free pvp gear to everyone, things would flip soon if elyo's pve hero also comes to seige or open pvp. 

So any plan from NC on this? LFG on Asmo is much less active then elyos, it would take 50% more time to LFG anytime for asmo (even during peak hours).

If you mean NZ then the gear statement would be correct. On SL however the Elyos HEAVILY outgear the Asmos right now (Asmos are winning on the stigma front though)
  But siege results are ALWAYS going to be based on turn out, numbers are pinnacle and will determine siege outcome. 100% of the time. Sadly people show up when they want to and there's no real way to control that outside of heavy advertising and pre-planning. 

I did however notice an extremely sharp drop off on elyos siege participation on SL  since the executor patch.   However based on how the last Agent skirmish went it seems that the elyos will show up in droves to things they want still.   I dunno if they prefer the buff or what right now, but it's interesting to see. 

1 hour ago, Emyrryl-KT said:

I did however notice an extremely sharp drop off on elyos siege participation on SL  since the executor patch.   However based on how the last Agent skirmish went it seems that the elyos will show up in droves to things they want still.   I dunno if they prefer the buff or what right now, but it's interesting to see. 

They nerfed the daily medal quests from the forts, so sieges are not as attractive as the were  before the 2.7patch.

21 hours ago, Zurl said:

They nerfed the daily medal quests from the forts, so sieges are not as attractive as the were  before the 2.7patch.

You get more plat medals, they didnt nerf they buffed the medal gain. Also you get up to 6 plats from taking the fort. It's why some people have full ABG already.

5 hours ago, Jake-DN said:

You get more plat medals, they didnt nerf they buffed the medal gain. Also you get up to 6 plats from taking the fort. It's why some people have full ABG already.

There use to be 2 daily quest each fort which gave either 1 sapphire or 5 plat medal shards per quest. Now there is only one such daily quest.

The emphasis has moved to the camps around the map where you can get 5 plat medal shards daily per quest. So people can still get medals regardless of the forts.

1 hour ago, Zurl said:

There use to be 2 daily quest each fort which gave either 1 sapphire or 5 plat medal shards per quest. Now there is only one such daily quest.

The emphasis has moved to the camps around the map where you can get 5 plat medal shards daily per quest. So people can still get medals regardless of the forts.

They moved 1 fort quest to 1 artifact. So you do still have the ability to earn without the forts, however you still get more plats by taking the forts. You also get plats from the siege itself. There is still big incentive to take the forts. 

3 hours ago, Jake-DN said:

They moved 1 fort quest to 1 artifact. So you do still have the ability to earn without the forts, however you still get more plats by taking the forts. You also get plats from the siege itself. There is still big incentive to take the forts. 

No you don't.  I participate in fort alliances and the best reward I achieve is 5 plat shards.

The AP is a better reward than the 5 shards.

The daily quests from the camps pay much better.

1 hour ago, Zurl said:

No you don't.  I participate in fort alliances and the best reward I achieve is 5 plat shards.

Yes sieges are better.  However due to mechanics you have to solo or small group to maximize rewards and contribution.  Just the way NC made sieging now.  Alliances and league usually get shards the solo and small groups medals.  Contribution split among way more players in Alliance.

• 3 weeks later...

I checked a few minutes after the siege, today, and there were 23 Elyos 55s onlline, but only 6 Asmo 55s.

A couple of weeks ago when I last checked, the number of 55s at siege time were within 10% of each other.

Edited by Zurl

4 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

Someone in LFG ,on the Elyos side, reported that there was only 3 L55 Asmos logged on Nezekan during the siege a little while ago.

Is this true?

WTF?

That was me.

I logged in to my Nezekan Asmo account out of curiosity to check. There were 3 L55 Asmos and 27 L55 Elyos during the siege.

I took a screen shot of the Asmos online list  as evidence, but I don't know how to upload images to this forum.

On 6/7/2023 at 2:50 PM, Zurl said:

It's mostly just xformers who get 4-6 entire plats, another broken mechanic.

2 hours ago, Carensell said:

Been on NZ since near its start, it is as dead as the moon. Elys did a great job discouraging we Asmos. As stated earlier if you cant win why play.

Same thing happend to Nezekan 10-12 years ago, as soon as they opened transfers, the Asmos fled to Siel.

Also happen on Israphael a couple of years ago, not long after Classic launched.

I have been playing Asmo on Nezekan for several weeks now, and I saw the massive decline in L55s players, I estimate about 75% stopped playing.

It started when the Elyos came over to our side and took the fort we were trying to take.

Seems the Elyos siege leaders,  in their wisdom (or lack there of), decided it would be better to take Gelk forts instead of the ones in Inggison.

You can see atm. both Gelk forts are currently green, whilst both Inggison forts are still pink, so we can't enter Silentra to do quests, or get to Telos and Besh.

I see no point in the Elyos taking forts any longer, because they no longer have need for PvP gear.

They would be better off doing Besh runs for PvE gear.

Nezekan has pretty much come to and end, it's time to merge with Siel.

45 minutes ago, Ping said:

I have been playing Asmo on Nezekan for several weeks now, and I saw the massive decline in L55s players, I estimate about 75% stopped playing.

It started when the Elyos came over to our side and took the fort we were trying to take.

Seems the Elyos siege leaders,  in their wisdom (or lack there of), decided it would be better to take Gelk forts instead of the ones in Inggison.

You can see atm. both Gelk forts are currently green, whilst both Inggison forts are still pink, so we can't enter Silentra to do quests, or get to Telos and Besh.

I see no point in the Elyos taking forts any longer, because they no longer have need for PvP gear.

True that.

3 hours ago, Ping said:

You can't do much about that, most of the Elyos on Nezekan don't speak English so they won't be reading here.

I agree, it's well past time for a merge.