templar status in classic 2.7

Etthan

Hello how are you !!

I  play with templar (I was full PVE) and I just managed to have the entire SW set, I haven't dedicated much to PVP.

Now in PVP, although I don't have a SET, I see that other classes in the same conditions are doing much better, it's hard for me to reach my opponent and it's also very expensive to change to the PVP stigmas without them, you have nothing to do in 1vs1 PVP and in group PVP You have 3 useless stigmas taunts.

I only played the aion 6.0 version and I remember that Templar was more balanced also if I'm not mistaken

Edited by Etthan
orthography

Templar is incredible 1v1 and group PvP when geared. Ungeared they aren't great. A geared temp has the upper hand vs ranger, assassin, executor, gladiator and chanter. You have decent chances vs clerics and sorcs. SMs... like most classes SMs are hard.

It would be cool if one of the good PvP tanks responded, templar can be very powerful once you get set up with a full enchanted PvP set of gear and stigmas, slotted with green manastones, etc.  

In my experience, PvP tank is hard and without a good team often I can't do much. You really gotta know what classes your up against, have a good marking and selection system down. That's something I nees to work on, getting SelectBrand set to keybinds because with all the range and mobility of the other classes tab targeting is a waste of time.  

Deciding what skill to use when of course is key. I'm forgetting what it's called at the moment, but there's one ranged stun spell you can use early on to help get the fight started in your favor, especially vs. SM or Sorc who can shut you down fast. I tend to save Doom Lure to pull enemies off my teammates but it can be easily resisted by strong players. Prayer of Freedom is essential for removing snares but you can only use it once per fight .

Watch out for debuffs, reapply scrolls as needed. The main goal is to get shield stuns in. You have one instant cast and then Shieldburst which takes a second to land.

Just my 2 cents as a novice PvP tank. Hopefully this will help or at least motivate a better tank to explain how they do it.  

Long story short, it's a tough climb to the top but it gets good and fun when you get near the top.

I haven't gotten any templar gear PVP tips, in fact there seem to be few templars in Siel -elyos.

As soon as starting with the stun from a distance it is a good idea as long as they are not cloth (they have shields).

As for the set, I have a friend who already has 4/5 pieces of E55 pvp and it continues to make it difficult for him to PVP (with a player with a similar set) and the new class lowers his HP very quickly.

Now I'm thinking that it would be nice to have an additional magic resist set to the full attack set.

I hope some experienced geared templar will give good advice for pvp, SET, manastone, or statistics etc.

I suggest running theolabs for Triraons great sword. (It extendzzzzz bro!!)

Focus on PvP accessories first. Then PVP weapon and last armor.

As for stigma you’ll mainly use:

dooms lure

unwavering devotion

aether armor

holy shield

punishment

divine fury

empyrean fury

break power

Divine justice

magic smash

inquisitor blow

Shield burst

1v1 will be tough without any PVP gear. But your main focus are knockdowns and stuns.

In group PvP your main role is to pester the squishes mainly cleric.

I could go more in depth but I’m at work sitting on the toilet. I’m sure there are better templars that can chime in. But that is pretty much templar PVP in a nutshell.

Thanks, for a class with more damage and good 1vs1 pvp, is a gladiator or the new executor class better?

I want a second class that is not support (I don't like cloth) and with templar  I'm going to follow the path of accessories and weapon first (I have the ap and medals saved)

Edited by Etthan
edit

• 1 month later...

hey, to be honest the game is not fair for the 1v1, its a game focused on team fights mostly, as templar you are normally strong vs leather classes, but when the pvp gear is there, at least a high pvp attack, you will feel great damage when u use the damage buffs, that together with a greatsowrd and all the pvp attack is a big ammount of damage, in my case, im a templar who likes stunlocking, which means, i try to connect my skills in a row in a way that the enemy cant react, something like this, get the remove shock out of the equation, then stun, pull, stun, knock down, stun, knock down, finish with some high dmg.

For that you need to take into an account some rules, you cant pull an enemy on aether's hold, cant pull knocked down enemies, cant pull knocked back enemies, you can extend stun with other skill, for example, you can use the ranged stun, and put another stun over it with the shield, that would be about 4 secs stun if u time the skills well, after a pull, you cant knock down, knock back or aether's hold an enemy, but you can stun, after a knock down or knock back, you cant aether's hold an enemy, but you can stun.

Besides that, make sure you get a high critical hit on the character, becouse if you have it high, lets say 850 using scrolls and food, that is a big chance of crit on enemies, and when you crit often while using a 2 handed weapon, things can happen :P, as templar, you can knock down with any skill or even auto attack with certain chance when landing crit hits.

in the other hand, when you play mace shield, or sword shield, as you preffer, if you want to stun enemies, you need some magical accuracy, templar has a buff, advanced stigma, which increases 200 ma and 50 % attack power, that can help with the stuns, using mace is also a good idea there, as it has really helpful magic accu, and the magic boost can increase the damage on some of the templar skills which are completely magical, both ranged.

before you use a pull, make sure you check the enemy is not using anti-shock scroll or similar shield buffs, or it wont work.

but the most important thing in pvp is, know your enemy, you will have to get experience to fight each class, becouse they all have a bounch of defensive buffs and damage skills that you need to know to make up a strategy. 

1 hour ago, Naiht said:

hey, to be honest the game is not fair for the 1v1, its a game focused on team fights mostly, as templar you are normally strong vs leather classes, but when the pvp gear is there, at least a high pvp attack, you will feel great damage when u use the damage buffs, that together with a greatsowrd and all the pvp attack is a big ammount of damage, in my case, im a templar who likes stunlocking, which means, i try to connect my skills in a row in a way that the enemy cant react, something like this, get the remove shock out of the equation, then stun, pull, stun, knock down, stun, knock down, finish with some high dmg.

For that you need to take into an account some rules, you cant pull an enemy on aether's hold, cant pull knocked down enemies, cant pull knocked back enemies, you can extend stun with other skill, for example, you can use the ranged stun, and put another stun over it with the shield, that would be about 4 secs stun if u time the skills well, after a pull, you cant knock down, knock back or aether's hold an enemy, but you can stun, after a knock down or knock back, you cant aether's hold an enemy, but you can stun.

Besides that, make sure you get a high critical hit on the character, becouse if you have it high, lets say 850 using scrolls and food, that is a big chance of crit on enemies, and when you crit often while using a 2 handed weapon, things can happen :P, as templar, you can knock down with any skill or even auto attack with certain chance when landing crit hits.

in the other hand, when you play mace shield, or sword shield, as you preffer, if you want to stun enemies, you need some magical accuracy, templar has a buff, advanced stigma, which increases 200 ma and 50 % attack power, that can help with the stuns, using mace is also a good idea there, as it has really helpful magic accu, and the magic boost can increase the damage on some of the templar skills which are completely magical, both ranged.

before you use a pull, make sure you check the enemy is not using anti-shock scroll or similar shield buffs, or it wont work.

but the most important thing in pvp is, know your enemy, you will have to get experience to fight each class, becouse they all have a bounch of defensive buffs and damage skills that you need to know to make up a strategy. 

Great points there.  As a leather user(Assassin), it is a terrible fight.. the fight against a Templar.  Almost impossible to win...lol

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2023 at 3:06 AM, Naiht said:

Thanks bro ;)

Lol Templar is one of the most op 1v1 classes in this patch right now the caveat is you have to have decent PvP gear . A geared temp is very hard to beat in 1v1 especially in open world PvP . They hit just as hard as glads when geared and have way more survivability than clerics . For the most part the only class they shouldn’t be completely dominating are cloths and cleric ( geared with enough ma and mb) ( when Aether Armor isn’t up ) even still if they manage to time a good knockdown when stone skin isn’t up one break power can take almost all of a cloths hp. Leathers are easy kills for them . Chanters should be no problem for them either which they should win 90% of the time .  TLDR temp is just gear dependent and with even a full 55e set and PvP wep  and accessories they become very hard in 1v1 . With upcoming 2.8 patch temp becomes even more op with them reworking some of their pulls etc . 

i have almost everything on white manastones xD, its hard to get the best of it but i can reach near 900 crit, almost 800 att, and over 2300 accu with the white manastones, so im ok for now, slowly im farming the manastones but you need like 60 per piece if you want to have a chance, and i still dont have eternal pvp gears so its gonna be darker xD, but its still playable and enjoyable, the limitation is there so what u cant do with gear, has to be fixed with the pilot skill, but for that, you need practice, experience, duels, arenas, that helps

1 minute ago, Naiht said:

i have almost everything on white manastones xD, its hard to get the best of it but i can reach near 900 crit, almost 800 att, and over 2300 accu with the white manastones, so im ok for now, slowly im farming the manastones but you need like 60 per piece if you want to have a chance, and i still dont have eternal pvp gears so its gonna be darker xD, but its still playable and enjoyable, the limitation is there so what u cant do with gear, has to be fixed with the pilot skill, but for that, you need practice, experience, duels, arenas, that helps

Are you sure you need that much crit? I thought the goal was to have 500 crit above the targets strike resist. I haven't been paying much attention to my strike resist across classes lately, but I would be surprised if it was much over 200. I will check when Siel comes back up after maintenance.

lvl 55 characters with +15 gear and abg accs get over 360 atrike resist, it seems like some wings can also increase strike resist and there could be tittles too, that would take it over 380 or even closer to 400, i havent made a serious check to look for everything you can use to increase it, but yeah, my crit is around 900 to assure always my 50 % crit rate.

https://aion.aspirine.su/#!vlkfY42

chec the character details there :P

Edited by Naiht
to add more information on a discussion about strike resist

1 hour ago, Naiht said:

lvl 55 characters with +15 gear and abg accs get over 360 atrike resist, it seems like some wings can also increase strike resist and there could be tittles too, that would take it over 380 or even closer to 400, i havent made a serious check to look for everything you can use to increase it, but yeah, my crit is around 900 to assure always my 50 % crit rate.

https://aion.aspirine.su/#!vlkfY42

chec the character details there :P

Very interesting, I remember noticing the focus on crit strike and strike resist on the Eternal gear when comparing it to the Fabled set, didn't think it added up to as much as that. So 900 crit is probably spot on nowadays.

• 2 months later...

The truth of the templar is very good help in groups, now alone a Sorc can easily, SM keeps it CC with a thousand fear or with sleep, root etc and the magic resist SETs are a joke, a Cloth with an easy ACC set reaches 2300 Macc OR MORE And set MR you barely get 2300 MR and not to mention that the Sorc raises the MACC to 1000 with a skill and the SM can dispel the Aether armor, even the ranger can put you to sleep or slow you down all the time.

Templar must have a higher gear than the rival and in addition to several sets, use yes or yes 3 weapons, one-handed weapons should cost half the AP and medals because you need two, while a sorc with a good book could be enough, temper needs yes or yes sword/mace with shield and a GS. lol

There is less and less templar or cleric due to how expensive it is to equip them and the amount of set they need.

I have seen many templars create alters and play more with other melee classes like gladiators or rangers

• 1 month later...

the game rewards the sets, everyone can get benefits from different setups, its not a yes or yes needed to play to have different sets but ofc u can increase certain dmg, def or precition according to the prefferences, i personally made an Mag accu set for my templar xD, i hate when i fail a stun so i wanna have a chance vs mr users, i have accuracy set cuz im tired of ranges and their evation setups, and i have my dmg gear with a lot of crit, but some other ppl have block set, mr set, eva set, mag boost set (even phy classes like sin, templar, exe to add dmg to specific skills), parry set, etc.

So i wouldnt say templar is a expensive class, i'd say pvp is an expensive business. 

Ill just leave this here, because images speak loude r than words. Temp is op as f.

"Templar must have a higher gear than the rival and in addition to several sets, use yes or yes 3 weapons, one-handed weapons should cost half the AP and medals because you need two, while a sorc with a good book could be enough, temper needs yes or yes sword/mace with shield and a GS. lol"

Thats just rididculous. Theres no reason why a one hand weapon should cost half.

Edited by Matsukamy-KT

• 2 weeks later...