Weekly Server Maintenance - June 27, 2023 [Aion Classic]

Wissp

• Aion Team

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 3:00 pm PDT / 10:00 pm UTC / 5:00 pm CDT and will conclude after approximately 3 hours.

Aion Classic Maintenance Notes
The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Shugo Sweep Begins
    • Duration: June 27 – July 25
    • Obtain Golden Dice in two different ways through the Quna Shop.
      • Golden Die (Free)
      • Golden Die (x10) – 180 Quna
  • Lightning Dragon King Event Pass Begins 
    • Duration: June 27 – July 18
    • Season Ends: July 16
  • Black Bunny in the Battleground Begins
    • Duration: June 27 – July 18
  • The Difficulty Level of some of the Missions have been lowered.
    • The quest requirements, routes, or stages of following missions have been simplified.

Misson LV 51 or Above

Category

Quest

The Hidden Truth Mission

A Past Mission

Sword of Transcendence

Pearl of Protection

An Important Choice

Cloister of Kaisinel

Lavirintos's Call

Bound for Inggison!

Inggison

Secret of Inggison

Proving Yourself to Outremus

Friends for Life

Support the Inggison Outpost

Sulla's Startling Discovery

Will the Aether Rain?

It's Better! It's an Obelisk!

Carving out a Fortune Mission

Twice as Bright

Spirit Blade

But What we Make

To Face the Future

Convent of Marchutan

Vidar's Call

Traveling to Gelkmaros

Gelkmaros

Way to Inggison

Grand Theft Justice

The Aether Must Flow

Spreading Asmodae's Reach

Kumbanda's Whereabouts

Battles at Vorgaltem

Chase to the End

Mission LV 50 or Below

Category

Quest

Eltnen

Something in the Water

Eltnen

A Dangerous Artifact

Reshanta

Speaking Balaur

Theobomos

The Calydon Ruins

Poeta

Illegal Logging

Verteron

Hunting Lepharist Revolutionaries

Verteron

Odium in the Dukaki Settlement

Verteron

Frillneck Hunt

Verteron

Mark of Vengeance

Heiron

Power of the Elim

Heiron

Aether Insanity

Heiron

Indratu Legion

Reshanta

Fragment of Memory 2

Heiron

The Klaw Threat

Eltnen

Sataloca's Heart

Morheim

The Protector of Nepra

Beluslan

Suppressing the Bakarma Legion

Reshanta

Speaking Balaur

Reshanta

Looking for Leibo

Altgard

Take the Initiative

Morheim

Guardian Spirit

Beluslan

An Undead Occupation

Brusthonin

Graves of the Red Sky Legion

Beluslan

An Undead Occupation

Brusthonin

The Secret Passage

Beluslan

Light up the Lighthouse

• Abyss Instance Quest Removal
    • Please note that following quests will be removed
    • [Group] Destruction and Rebirth & [Group] 2 Fragments of Agrif's Rage
  • Siel's Aura 30/90 Day Daily Gift Bundle Benefits Ends
  • Store Update (Disco Ball Party) Ends
  • Empyrean Lord's Blessing III Login Reward Ends

• Wissp changed the title to Weekly Server Maintenance - June 27, 2023 [Aion Classic]

Can you make decent events that are not related to PAY? What about FIXING DROPS? Green manastones are literally only for a few people, rest we have to run with white manastones, DID YOU CONSIDER TO ANSWER THIS CONCERN THAT WE ASK EVERYDAY?

5 minutes ago, Zakovs said:

Can you make decent events that are not related to PAY? What about FIXING DROPS? Green manastones are literally only for a few people, rest we have to run with white manastones, DID YOU CONSIDER TO ANSWER THIS CONCERN THAT WE ASK EVERYDAY?

This company is too busy selling you Whale Poop skins and intentionally ignoring you. But we have a "new community manager" uh huh..

I don't really like the idea of "simplified" quests. It's a slippery slope that eventually leads to the garbage that is the retail game - remove all content or challenge and ez mode the whole game just to rush people to endgame when the p2w kicks in and where they have to open up their wallet to be competitive at all. The creep is already happening in Classic - exp bonuses and the increasingly OP gear earned through questing. I figure we're about a year away from getting a chest full of level 50 gear when you hit level 10; remember that? And then the next step is "why even bother with this low level content, we'll just take out all the maps and zones." That's why retail is rubbish. Are you going to just repeat the same mistakes in Classic?

Here it is months later an yet it's still the same issue.  Why hasn't the drops been fixed? Why? It seems when speaking  about fixing the drops it  goes unheard.    Ever really wonder why it isn't fix nor will it be?  Plain an simply  "it's all about money"   Look an see, When complained about enchant stones not having or dropping  you get to have them  by buying QUNA's (special event).... Look at the manastones    they we're gotten by buying Quna's to get the Brilliant Bundles(special event). They will not; nor will they  ever fix this issue dealing  drops. If they did  they would lose money an  everyone knows NC is all about money. This is truth.

37 minutes ago, Kopper said:

I don't really like the idea of "simplified" quests. It's a slippery slope that eventually leads to the garbage that is the retail game - remove all content or challenge and ez mode the whole game just to rush people to endgame when the p2w kicks in and where they have to open up their wallet to be competitive at all. The creep is already happening in Classic - exp bonuses and the increasingly OP gear earned through questing. I figure we're about a year away from getting a chest full of level 50 gear when you hit level 10; remember that? And then the next step is "why even bother with this low level content, we'll just take out all the maps and zones." That's why retail is rubbish. Are you going to just repeat the same mistakes in Classic?

What OP gear from questing?  I didnt see free OP gear yet.

Yes the drops are really bad... i have never received a mana stone outside of the dred (for about 1 month)
It doesn't get any worse.Please don't break the game completely like in retail!
please fix it
same with  the quest items when will be 100% in the mobs?
I hate killing three dozen mobs to get one Quest-item.

23 minutes ago, Ooh-KT said:

Anyone know the rationale for why prime time is the chosen time for scheduled Maintenace? Also, what games/servers are others playing or considering due to condition of this server?  

Pretty simple really.  Korea does the maint now.  The window starts 9 am Korea time on their wed morning.  If look here https://myaion.eu/  you will see that almost all ncsoft owned sites do maint at same time now.

21 hours ago, Yoyo said:

Pretty simple really.  Korea does the maint now.  The window starts 9 am Korea time on their wed morning.  If look here https://myaion.eu/  you will see that almost all ncsoft owned sites do maint at same time now.

I worried that was why. I've only been playing for a week or so but feel like if I move forward playing and paying for Quna, I'd be such a sucker. Clearly this server is an afterthought, at most, after being an easy money grab for the company. I don't think they have faith that changing course would attract players and money either....