Lack of Encouraging Support

Mokushiroku-DN

This is what I sent as a ticket:

[ I have an amazing dress I have been using for years, remodeling it on one chest-piece after another. It has become part of my character and cannot bear to play without it. Recently, I got very lucky and acquired a great new chest piece, but to my dismay, after opening the box, I discovered that I cannot register the dress in Luna Wardrobe, or even remodel the new piece. Please, please assist me in continuing using this skin I have grown so close to. ]

This was my response:

[ Hello,
Unfortunately, the Game Support Team is not a part of the development process and is unable to comment on or answer questions about such aspects of the game like the intended limitations of an item. However, we invite you to share your thoughts via the official forums. This is the best place to discuss your ideas with fellow players who can voice their feedback and suggestions. These can then be forwarded to the development team from there
Please let us know if we can be of any other assistance.

GM Mimir
NCSOFT Support Team ]

This is a very discouraging response, which makes it seems like the departments of Aion don't get along, and don't work together. These (the problem and how it has been 'dealt' with) are glaring issues that are going to cost one of your oldest clients. Fix both of these issues quickly please.

In all fairness...

they don't work together. Development of the game is done in Korea. Support is outsourced to God only knows where. The community team here aren't developers and have to request and wait and hope for things from the developer team in Korea for our version of Aion.

What outfits are you trying to work with?

I didn't realize that was the case, my mistake.

The dress is from Adma Stronghold. It dropped off the princess (that gave you a difficult run around). It was very tedious trying to get people to venture 45 minutes off course per instance, and it took about 10-15 times before it finally dropped. Its a gorgeous dress, and was worth it.

In previous versions, when you actually had to go to the Remodeling NPC, it was possible and simple to sacrifice the dress to re-skin a different chest armor piece, and I did that several times, holding onto this piece. Now, with the advent of the Luna Wardrobe system, I just assumed it would be much easier. But the dress cannot be extracted from the current chest armor piece that is holding it.

X.x

aion0146.jpg

I think you just misunderstood how the Wardrobe actually works. You have to register the skin itself, rather than the item holding the appearance. And, on top of that, almost all skins can be registered (the one-time-use ones from events and BCM mostly), but others like crafted and regular armour cannot (in most cases). That skin remains in your wardrobe forever (unless you purposefully remove it), and from there you apply the appearance onto an item. To use it again, you remove the appearance and reapply it onto a new item. Now, this requires Luna the more you do it, so, unless you are willing to do drop some money, it is not exactly the most viable way.

So, yes, your issue can easily be solved by just keep doing what you have done in the past. You can just reskin the item. the old armour will be destroyed, but you will be able to reuse that skin. Not sure if you do know, but, they have not removed the ability to modify appearance of items, they just moved it to the "Modify Window", which can be done anywhere, instead of forcing you to go to the Remodelling NPC in your capital city.

I am not sure if the Wardrobe is stuck with the same rules as Appearance Modification, but if I had to guess, I would say that they are, and it would probably turn out the same.

Edit:

Actually, yes, I just tested it out. Celestial Guard armour cannot get its appearance modified even through the Wardrobe.

2 hours ago, Mokushiroku-DN said:

I didn't realize that was the case, my mistake.

The dress is from Adma Stronghold. It dropped off the princess (that gave you a difficult run around). It was very tedious trying to get people to venture 45 minutes off course per instance, and it took about 10-15 times before it finally dropped. Its a gorgeous dress, and was worth it.

In previous versions, when you actually had to go to the Remodeling NPC, it was possible and simple to sacrifice the dress to re-skin a different chest armor piece, and I did that several times, holding onto this piece. Now, with the advent of the Luna Wardrobe system, I just assumed it would be much easier. But the dress cannot be extracted from the current chest armor piece that is holding it.

X.x

aion0146.jpg

I think you can functionally solo her on a high enough character now, and she might still drop. Lemme check...edit inc in 10-15 minutes.

(but, yeah, there's just some gear you can't remodel no matter what).

edit 1:

I think it drops from the chest in Theo labs too (old theo labs). You get the key from the queen spideruglyhorriblething in one of the side rooms at the beginning, iirc.

edit 2:

Looks like it might not drop for high levels anymore. RIP. You can mentor a 46-50something character through it, though, and they can get the lewt, skin it, and trade it to you if you get desperate.

Archived