SValentina-DN

Clerig pvp - block or agility set??

guys I need help, I've seen that the Koreans, instead of putting together a block set, opt for a full agility +10 set, how viable is that?

I would appreciate someone answering :D

I think they use agility because of the concentration

11 minutes ago, Mempo-KT said:

Block sets offer higher effective damage reduction for less overall wealth investment.

Mempo-KT   
1 minute ago, SValentina-DN said:

I think they use agility because of the concentration

You are correct. However the better clerics I know simply use an ABG Chain Hood in place of spending 17+ Sockets on Agility.

When we talk about block, your enemy only needs to match your block with their accuracy to stop getting blocked. Most cleric block sets nowadays linger between 5.4k ~ 5.8k block (not counting external buffs such as Word of Protection), while high end Precision sets can break 6K Accuracy (since the amount of Accuracy you get from Archdaeva stones got boosted with the latest patches), so you won't be blocking anything at that point, though the fact that you made them switch from their power/atk set to Precision is a kind of mitigation by itself.

The other problem with block gear is that outside of using Boundless armor (which comes mostly from events, because the chance of actually winning the piece you want from sky island invasions is really low, assuming the piece you want even drops), other options such as mythic blood medal/arena gear are really low on pvp defense/overall stats, and they lack godstone suppression, so even against people without accuracy sets you end up being very squishy and a godstone-magnet. 

I still use my boundless block set and I can stay alive decently well when focused in ID/KBF (I use essence in Power too for max Physical Defense), but if I had to make a new toon and only had arena gear I'd just completely skip block gear and go straight for SR/Agility.  

Now compare that to Strike Resist/Agility: here it's your enemy that needs to push their Crit above your Strike Resist in order to actually crit you. Low-end SR sets start at 1.6K ~ 1.7K SR with is fine to counter the normal crit people have in their power/atk sets, but really high end SR/Agility sets can reach 2K ~ 2.1K Strike resist which means they even counter those melees that have 2K crit/precision sets (2.1K SR is really overkill against most opponents, so it's more popular to see hybrid Agility/Power builds, to also buff your Physical Defense).

With Agility/SR builds you aren't restricted to any pvp armor in particular, so you can just go for 75 AP gear which is well rounded in terms of pvp defense/gs suppression/overall stats and it's straight-forward to get, or you can branch out into other stuff such as Ahserion/Boundless/Mythic Rank 1 depending on your resources (I'd personally stick with 75 AP as you can upgrade it to L80 AP gear in 5.8, while Ahserion/Boundless etc have no upgrade paths so they'll start being outdated against the higher pvp attack people will have next patch).

The other upside of Strike Resist is that it tones down the amount of random kds/kbs that melees get when they crit with gs/pa/bow/staff, so you gain more stability/easier kiting/less interrupts.

Edited by Hinotori-KT