EB - another NCS 'mistake'

Psyweaver-KT

Since the patch on Wednesday I have done 8 EB runs, 2 of the runs were on Wednesday and it was pointed out to me that the quest 'Keep up the Defence' was not giving GP as it should so I put in a ticket the same day (along with others on the same run) and support gave me the 200 GP that was missing within 24 hours.

The following day I did a total of 6 runs (2 of them using scrolls purchased from BCM) and still no GP from the quest so I put in another ticket for 600GP and got THIS reply:-

Mar 15, 14:52 PDT

Greetings,

In our latest update we intentionally removed the GP reward from the quest “Keep up the Defense” because it was a PVE instance that was giving out PVP rewards. This change was intended and unfortunately was missed in our latest round of patch notes which are being updated right now. We apologize if there was any confusion and hope you continue to enjoy Aion!

If you have any other issues, feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

GM Maru
NCSOFT Support Team

'We apologize if there was any CONFUSION'??????

I'll say there is confusion and it seems to be with GMs, 2 different responses to the SAME problem on 2 different days is CONFUSING to me.

NOT informing your player base about a MAJOR change to long standing instance rewards is CONFUSING to me.

Having GP as a reward for a quest hand-in then not giving that reward is CONFUSING to me.

Get your act together Aion!!! We all knew the removal of GP from EB runs was coming but THIS is not the way to do it, it is NOT the fault of the player that you 'forgot' to mention important changes to game play in your patch notes, once again the player is paying for YOUR incompetence!

It's about freaking time!

tenor.gif?itemid=5425512

Okay. Sorry. That is hardly helpful to you, but admit it! It is about freaking time.

First, support blows. You will always get multiple responses to the same ticket. Wish NCWest would fix this, but I am not sure they know there is a problem.

Second, you are totally correct that this change should have been announced. Can't believe the patch notes missed this. So was GP removed from all instances? ToE? IS? @Cyan The player base deserves to know.

Last, I had to laugh at the "no PvP rewards from PvE instances." *cough*FM*coughcough*

It seems that ToE and Crucible Spire also still give GP, since when were they PvP instances?

I don't have a problem with NOT getting GP from EB but FAIR warning would have been nice, they could at least continue giving the GP via tickets until they can officially inform the players that it has been discontinued!

I too would like to know how many other PvE instances that give GP as a reward are also being affected by this new 'intended change'  

Giving PvP rewards in PvE content is something that we had all the time in Aion. Since Satra treasure and UAS giving AP, to Frozen Monolith now, we always had PvE instances rewarding us with items to get PvP gear. This incoherence is not new. And most of the people farm those instances to get the gear. And even in those instances that are really PvP, a lot of players still try to get the rewards avoiding the PvP content. Here in the forums, everyone talks about PvP and that they want more, but once in the game is interesting to see how fast they find the way to get the gear but avoiding the need to fight against others. 

And in NCWEst we never receive a detail with the patches and changes they do after the maintenances. Other companies provide the detailed information (usually so boring to read everything) so you can know what changed and you can decide what to do after that. In Aion almost all the changes will slap you in the face and you will discover them losing your time. 

It was stated somewhere by someone who should know (Gideon, the Devs.. in some letter or previews.. my memory is bad) that they were wanting to take the game in the direction that PvE would PvE rewards and PvP would give PvP rewards. This was to be a new direction for Aion. So the past doesn't matter.

Did anyone check if IS still gives GP?

Also.. FM was the best way (prior to this event) of getting the purificiation materials for our PvP set, so they broke their own new rule straight away.

Anyway.. the player base should have been made aware of this change. It's uncool that we weren't.

17 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

It was stated somewhere by someone who should know (Gideon, the Devs.. in some letter or previews.. my memory is bad) that they were wanting to take the game in the direction that PvE would PvE rewards and PvP would give PvP rewards. This was to be a new direction for Aion. So the past doesn't matter.

I actually remember this, because Gideon-bae noticed me. He was answering questions. I asked "What changes would you do if you were in charge?". And the clear distinction between PvE and PvP was one of those.

It is also one of the intentions of 6.0, but we haven't reached that yet. :P

It is about two years too late. 

They take it out now that no one runs EB as much as they used to. Taking out relevancy of something not relevant anymore. 

Waste of time for coders. They should spend their time on fixing relevant instances. Like EC. 

Hi, i have some questions

1. i'm not good on PvP, if i... or if some kids want to Craft  Gears, Food, Weapons, Potions, Etc, can we do that in game?, if yes... how much Kinah we'll get?(between you're spacial boxes)

2. if i did not buy  NCoin yet, can i still playing Aion normally without having bugs? (such as right now that i can not sell 1kk. items to the general goods merchant)

3. is this Real Server?

Hello

1. Yes. you can craft things. You do not need to do PvP for that. It will take some time to level up aetherforging (the new craft proffesion) and you can even try some of the older ones (taking into consideration that they will be deleted in some months) cause maybe you find something interesting to craft there. You will need to study the market to see wich items are good investments to craft and wich ones are just a waste of time and resources. Usually that changes periodically with the new updates, things and needs. If you find the good ones, you can get some profit. maybe between 10% and 40% profit compared with your investment. 

2. Bugs in Aion are not related with the amount of money you pay. Everyone has the same bugs when they appear and everyone get the fix at the same time. The amount of money you can sell to NPCs is not related with how much money you pay. Everyone has the same limit selling on NPCs each week. You should see a reset on that amount after each maintenance. If not, you can send a ticket to support. But again, no matter if you pay nothing or if you spend $500 each month, the limit is the same for everyone. 

3. Yes. this is an official server. The main company is located in Korea. But they have providers in other regions. NCWest is the official provider in north america, but it also has a lot of players from the whole continent and some from Europe. This one is not a "pirate server". You are in the official one. But if you are not from America, maybe you can search for another official provider closer to the place where you live. In Europe the provider is Gameforge. (this is just to have less lag playing. But there aren´t xenophobic restricitions actually. I saw that everybody is wellcome to play here)

So I got another refusal to reimburse the GP I THOUGHT I had earned doing 6 EB runs because it seems the quest was changed to 'match the current status of the game'? So EB is a PvE instance that gives a PvP reward yet Crucible Spire etc: are not classified as such? WHAT exactly is the CURRENT STATUS of the game? How many other changes have been made that NCS 'forgot' to mention in the patch notes?

Hello,

With regard to your report, please take note that this is an intended change, this functionality will not change as this was implemented by the development team to match the current status of the game. I understand that this may affect your overall gameplay, but the decision will not change and we will not restore the Glory Points that you have requested. Thank you for your understanding.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

GM Baerath
NCSOFT Support Team

If NCS dealt fairly with their players they would just reimburse the GP to me and all the others that were on the same runs with a warning that no further claims would be accepted, I am guessing that is too much to hope for and the only way for me to avoid a similar situation in the future is to become clairvoyant.

Archived