Natural Magic Stones as Event Reward

Vantheria-DN

Hi @Cyan, a lot of us would like to craft the Prowess skins (aetherforging 300) before they go away in 6.0, but the rarity of the red, blue, purple, etc Natural Magic Stones makes doing so cost-prohibitive. They only drop from a few named monsters, and it's not a guaranteed drop. Could you please have these mats as a reward for one or two of our events this summer so we can get these skins? Thanks!

9 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

@Nyali-DN Start around the 21:00 mark in the video below. The player clicks through every page of 6.0 aethercrafting. All of the skins are gone, including Prowess.

Damn, thankies for sharing! I feel the pressure even more now since I really wanna get it crafted... Q.Q Hope @Cyan can help out somehow. The skins looks so beautiful! <3

I was super delighted to have stone of life fragments included as rewards for the Secret of the Ancients event, and I think it would be great to include more rare aetherforging mats in event reward tables- or loot from instances. It's fine to have craftable items that are hard to acquire, but the Prowess stuff is borderline impossible. And there's no point in crafting any of it to sell because frankly, no one would be willing to pay what they're "worth".

Alternative suggestion- perhaps Prowess boxes could be added to the Evergale Canyon Reward Chest instead? Since the other aetherforged equipment is included in those as well. :>

11 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

Alternative suggestion- perhaps Prowess boxes could be added to the Evergale Canyon Reward Chest instead? Since the other aetherforged equipment is included in those as well. :>

I like your suggestion! Like adding them to anything would already make some people happy even as an event reward or so.

@Vantheria-DN Quick question, have you tried to solo those named mobs? Or do you need a group for it? I didn't have a chance to check it myself. If so, I'll try to go on a farming trip on the weekend. D:

21 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

I like your suggestion! Like adding them to anything would already make some people happy even as an event reward or so.

@Vantheria-DN Quick question, have you tried to solo those named mobs? Or do you need a group for it? I didn't have a chance to check it myself. If so, I'll try to go on a farming trip on the weekend. D:

There are only two types of mobs which drop those stones:

• Legendary (level 80): Corpus and Ferson in Norsvold, Barthor and Auronos in Iluma.
  • Sapien Raid Leaders (ultimate level 77): Dagur and Bertol in Norsvold, Varak and Ottan in Iluma.

You cannot solo them. Even if you manage to survive their special skills, they will instantly disappear if their time cycle ends (daytime and nighttime). Legendary ones can be done in a group of level 75s, but you can bring more people if you dont care about Tempering Solutions or Provenance weapons. Some are more difficult than others (I would say Barthor > Corpus > Auronos > Ferson, from hardest to easiest). Raid Leaders are designed to be killed in groups of 6, but they are no joke. From time to time, they pull everyone and release AoEs and summon common grade adds, but 50% onward they go nuts. For instance, Bertol (Mau boss) will start using mini-WoWs that affect EVERY friendly mob nearby, and Dagur (Calydon boss) has an attack that can remove almost your entire HP bar while also being attacked by the adds and the other mobs that respawn.

So, not really farmable, unless you have some really generous friends.

(And people really lazy when it comes to killing them for some reason (or doing absolutely anything, for that matter). I have been wanting to finish my Atreian Bestiary for months and I am still missing some of them.)

Edit:

Oh, also, the bundle that you loot from them, despite dropping for everyone and all the time, will only give you a random stone out of the four. That is want Vantheria meant when she said "not a guaranteed drop".

1 hour ago, Bryos-DN said:

There are only two types of mobs which drop those stones:

• Legendary (level 80): Corpus and Ferson in Norsvold, Barthor and Auronos in Iluma.
  • Sapien Raid Leaders (ultimate level 77): Dagur and Bertol in Norsvold, Varak and Ottan in Iluma.

You cannot solo them. Even if you manage to survive their special skills, they will instantly disappear if their time cycle ends (daytime and nighttime). Legendary ones can be done in a group of level 75s, but you can bring more people if you dont care about Tempering Solutions or Provenance weapons. Some are more difficult than others (I would say Barthor > Corpus > Auronos > Ferson, from hardest to easiest). Raid Leaders are designed to be killed in groups of 6, but they are no joke. From time to time, they pull everyone and release AoEs and summon common grade adds, but 50% onward they go nuts. For instance, Bertol (Mau boss) will start using mini-WoWs that affect EVERY friendly mob nearby, and Dagur (Calydon boss) has an attack that can remove almost your entire HP bar while also being attacked by the adds and the other mobs that respawn.

So, not really farmable, unless you have some really generous friends.

(And people really lazy when it comes to killing them for some reason (or doing absolutely anything, for that matter). I have been wanting to finish my Atreian Bestiary for months and I am still missing some of them.)

Edit:

Oh, also, the bundle that you loot from them, despite dropping for everyone and all the time, will only give you a random stone out of the four. That is want Vantheria meant when she said "not a guaranteed drop".

Thankies for your detailed reply as always! <3

Ye, I remember that we used to run those months ago just for the provenance weapons when they got intodruced on that patch, but it was quite a job to get those killed. I mean we had a whole alliance and sometimes also a 2nd one too... Of course, people stopped farming those bosses since NCWest included those weapons as rewards during various events so the farming died very quickly.

I was hoping that they might have nerfed those mobs to make it a little bit easier, like duoing them or at least 6man, but I guess nope. @Cyan Maybe you guys could change that? D: I mean I just care for the mats... It also doesn't really matter that much if the drop is random, if you get the possibility to actually be able to farm them since as you said yourself too and I agree, people nowadays are a bit lazy... I mean why would they go kill those bosses since most of them don't even care about it anymore, besides for the people who actually wanna craft via aetherforging before they remove the old design with the upcomign patch. *sighs* 

I feel like they are ripping off things like crafting which actually is a great part in this game, I always enjoy it a lot. Reminds me of the situations with all those balic designs when they decided to exchange/remove some of those very old mats... There are so many designs which can't be crafted anymore because of that. D:

Yeah, definitely not solo-able. I did try. One guess how well it went. ;) But anyway, hopefully we can get these stones as a reward. I suspect most of the playerbase who doesn't care about the Prowess skins will think it's "just another sh!tty event reward," but they would at least be able to sell them on the broker.

41 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I suspect most of the playerbase who doesn't care about the Prowess skins will think it's "just another sh!tty event reward," but they would at least be able to sell them on the broker.

I mean how can you not want this?!

tumblr_osyxijx1JR1s1ts8io1_1280.png

tumblr_osyxijx1JR1s1ts8io5_r1_1280.png

tumblr_osyxijx1JR1s1ts8io2_1280.png

tumblr_osyxijx1JR1s1ts8io3_1280.png

Archived