WTF I can't equip my soulbound pvp gear+15 anymore??

OshoRajneesh-KT

My character is a chanter and used Boundless Cloth Breast Protector of Oath, Boundless Cloth Shoes of Oath, Boundless Leather Hand Protectors of Oath, all socketed and enchanted +15 and with skins of Modor Songweaver's Tunic, Combative Shoes, Vambrace of the Labyrinth. On the previous patch it was all allowed, I didn't hack the memory of the server, I didn't violate anything! I chose these cloth things (jacket, shoes) because they looked best on him, and I couldn't find any Chain skins for his jacket and shoes that would look good enough like these things of Cloth! So I bought  them in Cloth to remodel them with these Cloth skins! I spent much kinah and effort to get them to +15 and enjoyed his appearance and he was good in combat too! The gloves happened to be there of leather  because I didn't find chanter's handguards of Chain, the appearance could vary, as they get hidden behind the tunic. I could have bought handguards for AP but it happened so that the leather  gloves with attack speed were already there and I didn't even realize that they were not chain when I enchanted them +15. Most important was the jacket and 2nd - shoes. If the game rules allowed me to wear them on a Chanter in that patch, and I spent very much for enchanting, then why do they pull them now off my character and he can't equip them any more, without any compensation? ?? They must give me a worth compensation for it! They denied the character of his pvp-combatability and appearance, both!!

If they don't want to allow him wear cloth and leather, which were allowed before, then they must

1) give him  correcponding armor pieces of Chain +15 and with same manastones

2) Make Modor Songweaver Tunic available as a skin for any class

3) Make Combative Shoes available as a skin for any class, or something looking similar.

4) Unbind the things I cannot wear anymore. It's kinda ridiculous - soulbound but can't wear, isn't it?

Otherwise it's a cruel robbery, as they made my character unplayable! :(  

The same thing happened to my KT cleric. After the patch I logged her and and she was wearing nothing but her undies.. and a hat. Nothing she had qualified for an exchange. Thank goodness I had that useless (or so I thought) box of free Lunatic Modor armor sitting around or she would still be trying to level totally nakkies.

Sucks.

2 hours ago, OshoRajneesh-KT said:

Otherwise it's a cruel robbery, as they made my character unplayable! :(  

Level up to 75 through Luna with the EXP buff and teas of repose, and get the starting campaign gear from the first campaign. The weapon should carry you over even if you're naked, hopefully. Otherwise, stick to Luna until you hit 76, there's a very strong pve atk and defense passive acquired at lvl 76, you'll definitely be able to quest even butt naked.

If you're a returning player, which you seem to be since you were otherwise using 5.0 gear in the 5.8 patch, you can check at Sanctum/Pandaemonium for a basic set of starter gear (it's gear from lower level campaigns/quests, but you don't need to do the quests to get it if you get this box), it comes in a box for New of Returning accounts.

1 hour ago, Capa-KT said:

Level up to 75 through Luna with the EXP buff and teas of repose, and get the starting campaign gear from the first campaign. The weapon should carry you over even if you're naked, hopefully. Otherwise, stick to Luna until you hit 76, there's a very strong pve atk and defense passive acquired at lvl 76, you'll definitely be able to quest even butt naked.

If you're a returning player, which you seem to be since you were otherwise using 5.0 gear in the 5.8 patch, you can check at Sanctum/Pandaemonium for a basic set of starter gear (it's gear from lower level campaigns/quests, but you don't need to do the quests to get it if you get this box), it comes in a box for New of Returning accounts.

Not that can't find any gear of my class to put on - I can, I had Lunatic Modor box, Hyperion armor boxes and other archdaevic gear from stamps, quest rewards (hopefully on my other toons and can still trade), but those won't give me the desirable appearance, and not pvp, and not enchanted.

Experience is gotten here crazily fast! House butler turns toons from 73 to 74, a couple of Lunas and 74 turns to 75. This is not a problem anyway.

12 hours ago, Channing-DN said:

Lost my leather and cloth RP / casual grinding outfits on my cleric.  Not happy whatsoever. 

I had a creepy clown outfit I'd always wear during halloween on my Glad just for nyerks and giggles. Can't wear it now. I also took the time to get the proc'd version (the gold quality) Noble prolix stuff so I'd have an awesome coat, which they began selling on the BCM a while back. Despite all that work and money I can no longer wear that either. I've lost access to so much stuff I worked for and for what? No good reason.

So you were wearing gear that wasn't appropriate for your character (cloth on a class that's supposed to be wearing chain), enchanted it, manastoned it, failed to read the patch notes where it stated long before the patch was released that warriors = plate, priests = chain, AT = chain, scouts = leather, gunners = leather, and mages = cloth once Oct 24th hits and NOW you're complaining about it?  Sheash entitled much?  Its not their fault you fail at reading or you failed to wear gear that was correct for your class in the first place.  When the patch hit everyone was given a quest to talk to Reina who literally gives you a box of full armor, accessories, and weapons to use that is BETTER than the gear you had on previously.  Seriously just STFU and level to 80 so you can start getting CORRECT pvp gear for character.

13 minutes ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

So you were wearing gear that wasn't appropriate for your character (cloth on a class that's supposed to be wearing chain), enchanted it, manastoned it, failed to read the patch notes where it stated long before the patch was released that warriors = plate, priests = chain, AT = chain, scouts = leather, gunners = leather, and mages = cloth once Oct 24th hits and NOW you're complaining about it?  Sheash entitled much?  Its not their fault you fail at reading or you failed to wear gear that was correct for your class in the first place.  When the patch hit everyone was given a quest to talk to Reina who literally gives you a box of full armor, accessories, and weapons to use that is BETTER than the gear you had on previously.  Seriously just STFU and level to 80 so you can start getting CORRECT pvp gear for character.

First off, did you bother to ask how long they've been playing and using that sort of gear? If it was viable for them for so long then who are you to judge? Secondly, not everyone goes to read the Korean patch notes months or year(s) in advance to anticipate every last thing coming our way and perhaps this guy was using said gear before the patch notes were distributed here to us in the western version? The entitled one here is you expecting every other player to play the game the way you personally believe it should be played, insulting them in the process if they don't.

6 hours ago, Jagblade-DN said:

First off, did you bother to ask how long they've been playing and using that sort of gear? If it was viable for them for so long then who are you to judge? Secondly, not everyone goes to read the Korean patch notes months or year(s) in advance to anticipate every last thing coming our way and perhaps this guy was using said gear before the patch notes were distributed here to us in the western version? The entitled one here is you expecting every other player to play the game the way you personally believe it should be played, insulting them in the process if they don't.

The patch notes & notice that you would have to stick to the "appropriate armor type" has been on the NA forums for a long time now.  It doesn't matter how long he's been playing.  He chose to NOT use the armor type that was designed for his class (chanters were a mix of physical & magic damage not pure magic damage that cloth would have given him & if he was playing a  support chanter cloth doesn't have healing boost on it while chain did).  He made the decision to ignore the warnings on the forums.  If you look at his post history, he's been on these very forums going back to at least August where he was replying to the stickied posts about the equipment changes.  Again, he IGNORED what was said and when the patch hit couldn't use his gear but felt the need to come on here and nyerk about it.  Not one bit of sympathy to him what so ever for the situation he's in.

11 hours ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

The patch notes & notice that you would have to stick to the "appropriate armor type" has been on the NA forums for a long time now.  It doesn't matter how long he's been playing.  He chose to NOT use the armor type that was designed for his class (chanters were a mix of physical & magic damage not pure magic damage that cloth would have given him & if he was playing a  support chanter cloth doesn't have healing boost on it while chain did).  He made the decision to ignore the warnings on the forums.  If you look at his post history, he's been on these very forums going back to at least August where he was replying to the stickied posts about the equipment changes.  Again, he IGNORED what was said and when the patch hit couldn't use his gear but felt the need to come on here and nyerk about it.  Not one bit of sympathy to him what so ever for the situation he's in.

Just stop. 

The patch notes and the player provided information on the forums did not say that the change would be retro-active. We all knew that going forward, the new armor would be by class. We didn't know it would strip our characters naked. 

As for not wearing the armor type designed for your class, apparently this is your first day in Aion. Welcome! Clerics have been wearing cloth since forever. Chanters and plate wearers have been wearing leather since forever. It's not new and it wasn't wrong. In fact, in certain situations, it was the very best move an informed player could make with their gear.

You don't have to have sympathy for anyone, but just stop being an ill-informed potato.

11 hours ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

I can't speak for him or anyone else but I typically only come to the forums to vent or express my concerns about something I view as bad, occasionally to help other players. In my 8-9 years of playing Aion you mean to tell me that if I had worked my ass off to acquire this gear and have been using it for years, it's my fault this sort of thing happened? I think not. No one could have anticipated this and the guy should not be forced to grind out new gear with barely any notice (in comparison for total play time) just because this shitty update decides to break certain people's characters.

You are assuming this guy started using this gear or acquired it after we were made aware of what was coming when odds are his gear existed LONG before we knew how 6.2 was going to bend most of us over. You either have extremely poor reading comprehension or just lack any sort of critical thinking skills altogether. It is unreasonable to expect this guy to completely rebuild his character and its gear within 2-3 months when there is no reason his already viable set-up should be removed from him to begin with.

6 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Just stop. 

The patch notes and the player provided information on the forums did not say that the change would be retro-active. We all knew that going forward, the new armor would be by class. We didn't know it would strip our characters naked. 

As for not wearing the armor type designed for your class, apparently this is your first day in Aion. Welcome! Clerics have been wearing cloth since forever. Chanters and plate wearers have been wearing leather since forever. It's not new and it wasn't wrong. In fact, in certain situations, it was the very best move an informed player could make with their gear.

You don't have to have sympathy for anyone, but just stop being an ill-informed potato.

Actually the patch notes DID say that you would not be able to wear armor that wasn't appropriate for your class.  If you were assume that meant you could continue to wear gear that was wrong for your class then its YOUR fault for not having good enough logic to figure that out.  The reason why clerics would use cloth was because it had MP on it while most other gear didn't or if it did it had very little of it.  Chain was the only gear that had +healing boost on is before the songweaver was added to the game.  Hell even the gear my chanter had on while leveling up ended up having magic boost and/or healing boost on it AS CHAIN.

59 minutes ago, Jagblade-DN said:

I can't speak for him or anyone else but I typically only come to the forums to vent or express my concerns about something I view as bad, occasionally to help other players. In my 8-9 years of playing Aion you mean to tell me that if I had worked my ass off to acquire this gear and have been using it for years, it's my fault this sort of thing happened? I think not. No one could have anticipated this and the guy should not be forced to grind out new gear with barely any notice (in comparison for total play time) just because this shitty update decides to break certain people's characters.

You are assuming this guy started using this gear or acquired it after we were made aware of what was coming when odds are his gear existed LONG before we knew how 6.2 was going to bend most of us over. You either have extremely poor reading comprehension or just lack any sort of critical thinking skills altogether. It is unreasonable to expect this guy to completely rebuild his character and its gear within 2-3 months when there is no reason his already viable set-up should be removed from him to begin with.

Dude he was literally posting in the pinned post from Cyan about the changes to gear as far back as August.  Literally in the thread telling players what would happen to gear come the patch.  He had at least 2 months to somehow acquire gear that would be correct for him to use once the patch went live.  He chose NOT to and he is now suffering the consequences and over here on the forums bitching about it.  And you're dead wrong about the "no one could have anticipated this" because we were notified about the change before the patch went live.  And since level cap was increased, he would have had to grind out new gear as it was.  The gear you had on when the patch went live is crap compared to the gear you get 75-80 from questing.  EVERYONE is going to have to grind new gear once they get 80 as well so all that gear he's bitching about now is literally obsolete as it is old gear.

15 minutes ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

Actually the patch notes DID say that you would not be able to wear armor that wasn't appropriate for your class.  If you were assume that meant you could continue to wear gear that was wrong for your class then its YOUR fault for not having good enough logic to figure that out.  The reason why clerics would use cloth was because it had MP on it while most other gear didn't or if it did it had very little of it.  Chain was the only gear that had +healing boost on is before the songweaver was added to the game.  Hell even the gear my chanter had on while leveling up ended up having magic boost and/or healing boost on it AS CHAIN.

*snip*

The patch notes were released after it was too late to try and find your character something else to wear. And cloth on clerics was a thing before there was heal boost on anything. If you were running around in magic boost chain, then you would hardly be the person to laugh at someone else's choice of gear.

Stop being ignorant and contrary. The guy has a beef. No where did it say that -old- gear would follow the same rules as the new gear. And before you start nattering on about ".. but the paaaaaaaaatch notesssssssss.." the new gear and the old gear is 100% treated as differently in the new patch. Have you noticed that -all- of the old gear sells for 1 kinah? Only quest gear in the new patch sells for 1 kinah. Even the white drops sell for more than that. So they retroactively changed the sale price of all of our old gear. And that wasn't in the patch notes anywhere either.

It's time to retreat. You jumped on the guy who legit has a complaint. It's not a huge complaint as the new gear will be head and shoulders above what he was wearing, but it is still a legit point. -You- are making this a bigger deal than it actually is.

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

The patch notes were released after it was too late to try and find your character something else to wear. And cloth on clerics was a thing before there was heal boost on anything. If you were running around in magic boost chain, then you would hardly be the person to laugh at someone else's choice of gear.

Stop being ignorant and contrary. The guy has a beef. No where did it say that -old- gear would follow the same rules as the new gear. And before you start nattering on about ".. but the paaaaaaaaatch notesssssssss.." the new gear and the old gear is 100% treated as differently in the new patch. Have you noticed that -all- of the old gear sells for 1 kinah? Only quest gear in the new patch sells for 1 kinah. Even the white drops sell for more than that. So they retroactively changed the sale price of all of our old gear. And that wasn't in the patch notes anywhere either.

It's time to retreat. You jumped on the guy who legit has a complaint. It's not a huge complaint as the new gear will be head and shoulders above what he was wearing, but it is still a legit point. -You- are making this a bigger deal than it actually is.

My chanter had some gear with magic boost on it while leveling up because those pieces he had equipped with it simply had it on there.  I didn't actively go out of my way to get magic boost gear.  Not to mention chanters DID have spells that were in their rotation that scaled with magic boost not attack so why would I NOT equip something with magic boost on it when the other option was gear with defensive stats on it?  That's the point I was making is that this guy who knew at least TWO MONTHS before the patch came out that the crap gear he had on was not going to be able to be used when the patch went live.  Then add in the fact that he chose to have crap gear to begin with that wasn't right for his class even before the patch (gg he was a cloth wearing magic boost having CHANTER).  This guy was a freakin idiot to begin with and now his entitled ass is coming on here bitching about how he can't use gear that was replaced by an NPC the moment he logged in.  Yes so much sympathy for him......

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Again pointing out this guy stated in his first post he was a CHANTER wearing magic boost cloth not a CLERIC wearing magic boost cloth.

On 10/28/2018 at 2:54 AM, Plezurenpain-DN said:

failed to read the patch notes where it stated long before the patch was released that warriors = plate, priests = chain, AT = chain, scouts = leather, gunners = leather, and mages = cloth once Oct 24th hits 

- when do you mean was such patch notes published? It's was even impossible to know about the date when the new patch starts before like Oct.3, 3 weeks before the update! About the details, also many things were uncertain or desinformation! The things applied to Korea or EU far not necessarily happened the same way to NA. My gear had been fully done like a year ago! They DID allow Chanter to use some things of leather and Cloth and I did it without a violation of rules! I did it for the sake of good looks! Then, since there was no violation in my actions and lots of effort applied by me, they must give some decent compensation since they changed the rules! They didn't even unbind the things that became forbidden to me, isn't it absurd? 

"Reina who literally gives you a box of full armor, accessories, and weapons to use that is BETTER than the gear you had on previously"

- they are NOT BETTER AT ALL! All this new gear is denied of speed and flight time which I had in my old gear and I would like to wear similar or same things of Chain as I had of Cloth and Leather, I DON"T WANT to wear this new gear, it sucks! :(

I can reach 80 very quickly, but will there be any gear with speed, attack/casting speed, flight speed and flight time available? I highly doubt about that so far! 

Archived