GP This Patch....

Rag-DN

So from what I gathered and could find, the only way to make GP this patch is going to Siege and 1 additional quest per siege for 50 gp.  Now I'm not complaining about the idea of this mechanic being like this. I think it's a good thing to limit GP farming so the Ladder Gap can't get insanely big, however this really really REALLY sucks for returning or NEW players. They will never ever be a able to catch up to older players unless the older players quit the game. NCsoft should of either Reset GP ladder or done something else.

:My Solution:  

1. Reset the GP ladder
NCsoft should of put all players GP amount down to the minimum glory points for their current rank pre-patch...    For example I was a 4star officer before the Patch so they should of reset my GP to the 3,064 GP points to be 4 star officer and I would of had to hash it out with everyone else by being active. 

2. Add GP Ladder Season

SEASONS for GP, where it would reset again every 3 or 4 months. This would keep anyone from gaining way to large of a gap from everyone else and would promote new players to stay around. Right now new and returning players are so discouraged because they know they can NEVER get upto 5star or higher ranking. This has always been a huge problem in the game. Everyone should have a chance to gain 5 star or above as long as their active.

They also should make it so people playing solo or in small groups don't get more GP then those working together in an alliance or League. In fact there should be a bonus for being in a League or alliance, and a bigger bonus to those in the same alliance/league as the capturing legion. Just saying, this game mechanic really promotes solo game play instead of working as a Faction.

19 minutes ago, Woo-DN said:

Honour Points

1. A season system that compensates for the number of Honor Points (GP) earned over a period of time has been added.

- Honour Points already acquired are not subjected, and only Honour Points acquired during a season matter.

- The Elyos/Asmodian ranking for your server can be checked under [Menu - Community - Ranking list - Honour Points]

- At the end of a season, you will be rewarded based on your rank and some reward items can be exchanged for Quna.

Transformation

Well that sounds promising but I'm sure it'll be forever before we see that. Also it doesn't say if they reset it or not. Got anything more detailed?

2 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

So from what I gathered and could find, the only way to make GP this patch is going to Siege and 1 additional quest per siege for 50 gp.  Now I'm not complaining about the idea of this mechanic being like this. I think it's a good thing to limit GP farming so the Ladder Gap can't get insanely big, however this really really REALLY sucks for returning or NEW players. They will never ever be a able to catch up to older players unless the older players quit the game. NCsoft should of either Reset GP ladder or done something else.

:My Solution:  

1. Reset the GP ladder
NCsoft should of put all players GP amount down to the minimum glory points for their current rank pre-patch...    For example I was a 4star officer before the Patch so they should of reset my GP to the 3,064 GP points to be 4 star officer and I would of had to hash it out with everyone else by being active. 

2. Add GP Ladder Season

SEASONS for GP, where it would reset again every 3 or 4 months. This would keep anyone from gaining way to large of a gap from everyone else and would promote new players to stay around. Right now new and returning players are so discouraged because they know they can NEVER get upto 5star or higher ranking. This has always been a huge problem in the game. Everyone should have a chance to gain 5 star or above as long as their active.

My friend, you aren't seeing the real problem, i assume because you haven't  been following 6.2 or 6.5. Please see this:

The problem with GP (referred to as honour points in EU)

The problem IS the mechanic. if you actually do the math, there are two major problems:

1- if your server is at all balanced , either faction may lose a siege

2- anyone with a life may not attend one siege

If you do the math, should you be on a consistently losing faction, there go the ranks. Doesn't matter if you a veteran OR a new player- there are NO  transforms. NONE. ZIP. NADA.

If you skip a siege, just ONE- you may lose your rank.

In reference to your point 2 - yes, which is why a new GP ladder system is being added (in addition to the current system) - but not replacing it. For the CURRENT system- nope, sorry- should have been addressed via decay but wasn't. There are arenas and other competitive ranks, there's no reason that someone should just be able to leave for a year, come back and just rank up with someone who has work consistently, especially if they have been supporting their faction. Tough for them. 

On 10/27/2018 at 0:23 PM, Rag-DN said:

They also should make it so people playing solo or in small groups don't get more GP then those working together in an alliance or League. In fact there should be a bonus for being in a League or alliance, and a bigger bonus to those in the same alliance/league as the capturing legion. Just saying, this game mechanic really promotes solo game play instead of working as a Faction.

+100000000

Archived