What is the fastest way to gear up?

LadyShiva-KT

I am confused about the new gears. How can I get Legendary or Ultimate gears fast? It appears that we have to upgrade ancient all the way until we can purify to get Legendary and so on, is that right? Why we can't just buy the Legendary or Ultimate gear from NPC? I noticed many players already geared with Ultimate within a week or two, how is that even possible?!  

I know we can craft them but it seems harder to craft given most of the materials are untradable and you can't buy them on broker. I am not sure where to even get them. Please help

6 hours ago, LadyShiva-KT said:

I am confused about the new gears. How can I get Legendary or Ultimate gears fast? It appears that we have to upgrade ancient all the way until we can purify to get Legendary and so on, is that right? Why we can't just buy the Legendary or Ultimate gear from NPC?

Because that's how it works.

There's 2 ways to get PVP gear: genesis crystal (main) and craft (secondary). 

Crystal: works like a linear progression. You get the gold set, enchant it all the way to +15, collect the items from purchasing more genesis gear and breaking it, then purify to legendary. Rinse and repeat.

In my opinion, it's kind of hard to enchant the gear to +15 atm so I would wait for 6.5. Though it's possible to do so with ancient.

Craft: based on crit-craft system. You craft the needed item until you get Masterwork critical piece, and then use it for crafting Legendary piece; but it also needs to be a crit craft to be decent and used for getting the ultimate piece. You need 100, 200, and 300 aetherforging skill points respectively. 

PVE: imo best way - just do instances. CoE -> BoS/FM -> Primeth forge.

Though it's also possible to get with the same ways I listed for PVP gear, but I don't think it's worth when there's dungeons which provide you ready-to-use pieces.

p.s. How some players already have Ultimate? Simply put: most likely whales who got their gear from exchange.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone is suppose to gear up when I can't seem to make it past +5 without failing and that is on ANCIENT... wtf? I can understand if it is Ultimate gear, maybe it might be harder... but ancient!? I cant even do the bases (takes me 5 mins to kill 1 mob... pathetic) without being zerged at every turn until I can't take it anymore and have to quit. I am unable to find one place on the whole map where I can be alone to farm and not be harassed. We shouldnt have to be forced into PVP if we are not geared for it or wanting to. I don't think crafting gear is worth it in this patch... money is hard enough to come by without spending it all on crafting. Which only leaves genesis crystal which is impossible to obtain when you can't get a moments peace. 

It is even difficult to get into PVE instances unless you already have Legendary +, no one wants to accept you. I am not sure what to do from this point on. I have been playing for many years but it is impossible to play now, let alone to enjoy myself. 

I know alot of people got gear through the exchange, but I find it hard to believe damn near everyone did.. it doesnt seem logical. Then pretty much everyone is pay to win which is funny since I have paid also, yet im not winning lol! :S

33 minutes ago, LadyShiva-KT said:

Honestly, I don't know how anyone is suppose to gear up when I can't seem to make it past +5 without failing and that is on ANCIENT... wtf? I can understand if it is Ultimate gear, maybe it might be harder... but ancient!? I cant even do the bases (takes me 5 mins to kill 1 mob... pathetic) without being zerged at every turn until I can't take it anymore and have to quit. I am unable to find one place on the whole map where I can be alone to farm and not be harassed. We shouldnt have to be forced into PVP if we are not geared for it or wanting to. I don't think crafting gear is worth it in this patch... money is hard enough to come by without spending it all on crafting. Which only leaves genesis crystal which is impossible to obtain when you can't get a moments peace. 

It is even difficult to get into PVE instances unless you already have Legendary +, no one wants to accept you. I am not sure what to do from this point on. I have been playing for many years but it is impossible to play now, let alone to enjoy myself. 

I know alot of people got gear through the exchange, but I find it hard to believe damn near everyone did.. it doesnt seem logical. Then pretty much everyone is pay to win which is funny since I have paid also, yet im not winning lol! :S

The chances after +5 are cancerours atm. But again it's gonna be better in 6.5, more fair. The thing is you don't need more than that to farm everything besides primeth and new manorn(?). Full CoE gear, with tuned stats for your class, is more than enough for instances like BoS and FM - no one will ask you for full legendary. And as I said, with BoS/FM gear you can do primeth later on.

I have all my ancient pieces on +5-+7. Didnt try to go further yet. A have a couple of legendary zenith +10 pieces from exchange though and few purple drops from FM on both of my mains that I managed to get to +3-+5 so far, with ancient  pve stones.

I cannot really get the complaints about low dps on mobs bc again, it's not an issue at all if you have CoE+ stuff. World mobs will die from you breathing on them. You should be focusing on getting CoE gear and running mirash for missing acc and non-armor pieces.

Doing camps is PVP related content no matter how you look at it... Because it means meeting asmos/elyos on the way, but the key is that you don't have to do it alone, make a group, run all 9 camps together (when you're grouped up it's less likely than you're gonna be zerged by opposite race, especially if you have weak gear) It takes like ~1 hr or so if lucky. You can make ~850 crystals per week and that's more than enough to afford more than a half of your first ancient PVP set that will make your life easier.

IIRC people who have ultimate are the ones who got their stuff to +30 or more. You can check the exchange rates sheet, posted by Cyan, and it will give you some idea on it. IMO they shouldn't have given the ult gear in the first place but whatever.

Any idea when 6.5 is coming? I am on the PVE gear from campaign and it takes me ages to kill mobs even with transform. Which makes it near impossible to complete the bases or do the weeklies. Most of the times I can't make it to a base without running into 4+ players. If I do happen to get to a base, it takes me so long to complete it that the opposing faction comes along and kills me. It is super frustrating. It is strange to be lvl 80 and not do any damage lol. 

I actually have applied to groups that they were already doing gear checks because they wanted only people with Legendary gear+. I also heard of people complaining they were kicked out of the group because they didnt have high enough gear or weren't using transform :/. I haven't ran Mirash since before the patch, I always wiped at the last boss and wasn't able to finish. Idk if they have made it easier since then or is it the same? I will try to focus on getting CoE gear, thanks for the advice. Is it possible to solo CoE now? What kind of gear would I need? 

No body seems to be interested in joining groups for bases or making them. They just run with their own friends/legion members, which makes it hard for someone like me that doesn't have people to run with. Problem is that Ancient gear is useless in PVP, since everyone is already past that. It's impossible to get Legendary from Ancient since it won't even upgrade to +10, let alone +15. The hardest part is getting to +15 Ancient. It may take 1000 enchantment stones to get even 2-3 pieces to +15 at this rate, that would be very costly. 

Yeah that's true, I did read the exchange rates and couldnt believe that you had to have around +30 in order to get anything. I agree, they should not have made Ult gear. From my understanding, they don't even have Ultimate enchant stones anywhere to upgrade it/ they are very rare. 

I have one more question... what is the spawn time of Kubinerks Lab? It seems that it is only available for a couple mins, as soon as I am almost there... it closes. Is there any way to get to it faster? If it is on our side of the map it is easier to teleport to the area, but if its on the other side... there is no way to make it there in time. Maybe you have to teleport from one base to another? 

25 minutes ago, LadyShiva-KT said:

Any idea when 6.5 is coming? I am on the PVE gear from campaign and it takes me ages to kill mobs even with transform. Which makes it near impossible to complete the bases or do the weeklies. Most of the times I can't make it to a base without running into 4+ players. If I do happen to get to a base, it takes me so long to complete it that the opposing faction comes along and kills me. It is super frustrating. It is strange to be lvl 80 and not do any damage lol. 

I actually have applied to groups that they were already doing gear checks because they wanted only people with Legendary gear+. I also heard of people complaining they were kicked out of the group because they didnt have high enough gear or weren't using transform :/. I haven't ran Mirash since before the patch, I always wiped at the last boss and wasn't able to finish. Idk if they have made it easier since then or is it the same? I will try to focus on getting CoE gear, thanks for the advice. Is it possible to solo CoE now? What kind of gear would I need? 

No body seems to be interested in joining groups for bases or making them. They just run with their own friends/legion members, which makes it hard for someone like me that doesn't have people to run with. Problem is that Ancient gear is useless in PVP, since everyone is already past that. It's impossible to get Legendary from Ancient since it won't even upgrade to +10, let alone +15. The hardest part is getting to +15 Ancient. It may take 1000 enchantment stones to get even 2-3 pieces to +15 at this rate, that would be very costly. 

Yeah that's true, I did read the exchange rates and couldnt believe that you had to have around +30 in order to get anything. I agree, they should not have made Ult gear. From my understanding, they don't even have Ultimate enchant stones anywhere to upgrade it/ they are very rare. 

I have one more question... what is the spawn time of Kubinerks Lab? It seems that it is only available for a couple mins, as soon as I am almost there... it closes. Is there any way to get to it faster? If it is on our side of the map it is easier to teleport to the area, but if its on the other side... there is no way to make it there in time. Maybe you have to teleport from one base to another? 

Yeah campaign gear is garbage. I'm wearing a mix of CoE/Mirash gear now for pve (@ +0) and it's a lot better. I don't think you can solo CoE with campaign gear unless you're a healing class, and even if you were a healing class, not sure if it's possible. But afaik people aren't gear checking for CoE so you can spam CoE for pve gear. Mirash is also really easy now (final boss is a joke compared to before), so you should do that as well.

For artifacts/"bases" quests, I usually run around solo. I don't have a static for it. But if I see other players doing the same quests I'm doing, I just invite them to a temporary group or ask them for an invite (if they have their own group already).

Yeah it's difficult to upgrade to Legendary and then Ultimate. So players with exchanged gear still have a massive advantage.

Windstreams, mount, teleports. I don't know any secrets to going faster.

2 minutes ago, 2s3004E2-DN said:

Yeah campaign gear is garbage. I'm wearing a mix of CoE/Mirash gear now for pve (@ +0) and it's a lot better. I don't think you can solo CoE with campaign gear unless you're a healing class, and even if you were a healing class, not sure if it's possible. But afaik people aren't gear checking for CoE so you can spam CoE for pve gear. Mirash is also really easy now (final boss is a joke compared to before), so you should do that as well.

For artifacts/"bases" quests, I usually run around solo. I don't have a static for it. But if I see other players doing the same quests I'm doing, I just invite them to a temporary group or ask them for an invite (if they have their own group already).

Yeah it's difficult to upgrade to Legendary and then Ultimate. So players with exchanged gear still have a massive advantage.

Windstreams, mount, teleports. I don't know any secrets to going faster.

gear form quest I think is supposed to just have something to start the easiest things. Mirash is quite easy. CoE is still complicated for some classes. I do not think we had a real new balance between clases in 6.X. Actually I find even more gap between my cleric and my sorcerer or gladiator. In my cleric I can easily solo CoE (still in a mix of yellows and harvester), but in my sorcerer is so hard to stay alive with a full group of 3. So the starting dificulty is quite different between the classes. 

Upgrading gear seems to be more fair now. At least we can not just buy gear with real money. Yet there are few players who got legendary and ultimate from the rewards and the instances where the rewards include legendary and ultimate gear aren´t for everyone. BoS and FM provide legendary and yet not everyone can do them. They require a good balance between experience, practice and gear. And that is just to get some legendary gear. Ultimate instances are in other level. 

1 hour ago, LadyShiva-KT said:

Just run CoE as 3, there's always someone recruiting... You won't lose anything since everyone's getting the same rewards, so no need to solo for now unless you're aiming for shugo (but that can be done later). If you're on Elyos side, I can help you after wednesday's reset (out of runs atm). No one's checking gear for CoE since it's a really scrub dungeon.

After getting most parts of CoE/Mirash, you can start working on PvP sets and expand PvE - move on to FM/BoS

Yes it is complete garbage. I just ran Mirash a couple times, it does seem alot easier than before. I died 3 times the first time I did it, Im too slow casting the hook lol is the problem for me. But it seems better since before the past, I couldnt kill her at all. I will keep my eye out for CoE groups now. Btw where did they move CoE to? I searched Lakrum and Enshar. Is there a special way to get there like before? 

Yes that is what I do as well... sometimes there is no one at the base though which makes things difficult. 

Ancient definitely doesnt stand a chance against all the Legendary and Ultimate players. I know in 6.5 things are suppose to be easier to upgrade. Is it less chance of a fail or something? 

Yeah I can only manage running like maybe 3x/week because the shugo disappears before I make it there. And that is when it spawns on our side of the map, no point to try the other side. Idk why they didnt make it last longer than a couple mins/entries. 

I noticed that as well, there are classes that just don't hold up as well as others. Which was always a problem, just even more so now. I havent even tried sorcerer yet, as too scared to go without healing for the time being. I have just played on chanter and sw, and will get into cleric later. There is so much to do to gear up now that I can't focus on many like I did before. 

Yeah upgrading would not be such a problem if they didnt offer players gear exchanges. I feel if we are to start over, every one should start from the bottom. Not just "some" of us. But I can see they only did that to save face and so the people with 25+ gear don't get pissed off and leave the game. They never do anything if its not in their own best interest :/. 

Thanks Nirena for the offer, I would definitely appreciate the help. Although, I do have elyos.. I'm currently playing on Asmo.

Yes it sounds like PVE has to be the main focus just to be able to go through bases faster and do instances. Unlike before where we could just focus on PVP and still do damage in PVE. Another problem, is not enough inventory space for everything. Even with pack pets, there are so many items that its hard to store them all. 

4 hours ago, LadyShiva-KT said:

Yes it is complete garbage. I just ran Mirash a couple times, it does seem alot easier than before. I died 3 times the first time I did it, Im too slow casting the hook lol is the problem for me. But it seems better since before the past, I couldnt kill her at all. I will keep my eye out for CoE groups now. Btw where did they move CoE to? I searched Lakrum and Enshar. Is there a special way to get there like before? 

Yes that is what I do as well... sometimes there is no one at the base though which makes things difficult. 

Ancient definitely doesnt stand a chance against all the Legendary and Ultimate players. I know in 6.5 things are suppose to be easier to upgrade. Is it less chance of a fail or something? 

Yeah I can only manage running like maybe 3x/week because the shugo disappears before I make it there. And that is when it spawns on our side of the map, no point to try the other side. Idk why they didnt make it last longer than a couple mins/entries. 

In Lakrum you should be able to directly teleport from the main base to a camp where the CoE entrance is.

17 hours ago, LadyShiva-KT said:

Yes it sounds like PVE has to be the main focus just to be able to go through bases faster and do instances. Unlike before where we could just focus on PVP and still do damage in PVE. Another problem, is not enough inventory space for everything. Even with pack pets, there are so many items that its hard to store them all. 

not so sure about this. Actually a mix with old gear and some of the new yellow gear from the campaing or CoE can be enought to do the camps. Maybe you will need something better to conquer the camp, but the mobs are not so strong. I keep on my cleric my old harvester boots (so I can run faster) and my handguards (so I have some extra casting speed). I also keep most of my old accessories to get some PvE bonus (not sure if still works but I like my dps). So I guess now is a good idea to decide on each item if is better to use some new yellow one or to keep the old purple for a while. 

CoE should be in one of the teleport points at the north of your base. On Elyos side is the point right up the encampment with Mirash entrance. Probably on asmodian side is similar. 

Hi Lady,

I had this problem for a little while and basically it comes down to your attack power vs the mobs defense.  If your attack power is below the mob defense you will do base damage (very little).  I am a chanter and as you were saying it would take forever to kill something.  If you kill the mobs near the lakrum base even with the low gear and level 80 you should kill those pretty quickly if you wear all the gear at once with weapon.  

Currently I need 2 pieces to finish my pvp ancient set and it is starting to get better.  I have 10,500 attack with a combined weapon and am starting to hit for 10-15k per hit on some skills.  I see rangers doing lots of damage so just keep at it.  I don't play a ton maybe 1 1/2 hours a day and in a few weeks you can have the whole ancient set.  Rangers have some skills that are OP at lower attack power because they boost it by 30%? i think.

I find I do more damage in my pvp gear because its better than my pve gear currently (similar attack power even with the pve bonus)

Don't even think about the people who got gear in the exchange.  I saw someone in full red armor +10 and +15 purple accessories and +10 weapon and shield.  That is like 2 years from now for me lol.  Just have fun questing, grouping, zoning and do what you can each time it resets each week.

Archived