Appearances changes wtf?

ScarsoulReaper-DN

wtf is going on with certain items you put an apearance (transmog) on an item
example 
helm > Cat ears it apears up as doing so bout item will be destroyed ok fair but then when u try use that same apearance from that helm u changed into ears u cant? 
why doesnt it give you a warning saying "u will not be able to use this for apearance changes" or sumthing before u press accept...
does anyone even know what this is all about no warning messages or nothing just hey pay for this change it apearance oh u wana use that apearance again well haha jokes on you we say go screw yourself... like wtf ncsoft... u really need to fix this im a noob when comes to certain games and struggle to make money and even then if i do make the money some of the items im using the apeances of arnt even in the Trade house thing so how am i even ment to get them back ???

Are you saying that you bought someone's old piece of gear that they had already skinned with something thinking you could use it to skin your items? Umm. That's always been the case. And you can check by pressing alts and looking at the warnings at the bottom. It will tell you if the item can be used to "extract appearance". If you can, then the item can be skinned to something else. If you can't (which is the case for any skin that is one time only.. which is most of them), then you can't.

Just now, DevilNest-KT said:

i think this resembles more the case of male/female exclusive skins

Ahh. That is also shown on the gear. In fact, if you are the wrong sex, the item shows as greyed out showing that it is unable to be used. It also says in red under the name "male only" or "female only".

36 minutes ago, ScarsoulReaper-DN said:

why doesnt it give you a warning saying "u will not be able to use this for apearance changes" or sumthing before u press accept...

At the bottom of the item, there's the description "Can only be used once to remodel appearance"

It has been that way for a while now. Sorry if you missed it, but that warning was certainly there.

Oh. I get it. You used a skin on your helm and then purified it. Yes. You lose the skin when you do that. And yes. You have to buy a new skin. That's been around since purification has been in the game. Literally years.

The only way to use a one-time-only skin is to put it in your luna wardrobe. That was introduced when we first got luna. The first time you register a skin and use it in the wardrobe, it's free. After that you have to pay luna to skin it somewhere else again. And you have to pay luna to open new slots once you use all the luna wardrobe slots.

I am sorry you didn't know any of this, but these changes have been in game for some time. You can be angry and NCSoft if you like, but I honestly don't think they have done anything wrong since these changes are not new.

3 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Oh. I get it. You used a skin on your helm and then purified it. Yes. You lose the skin when you do that. And yes. You have to buy a new skin. That's been around since purification has been in the game. Literally years.

The only way to use a one-time-only skin is to put it in your luna wardrobe. That was introduced when we first got luna. The first time you register a skin and use it in the wardrobe, it's free. After that you have to pay luna to skin it somewhere else again. And you have to pay luna to open new slots once you use all the luna wardrobe slots.

I am sorry you didn't know any of this, but these changes have been in game for some time. You can be angry and NCSoft if you like, but I honestly don't think they have done anything wrong since these changes are not new.

no no no i didnt purifie it ive still got the apearance on my old helmet but i wish to use the apearance thats on that helmet onto my new one but for sum reason its not letting me im not sure why also i tried to find the place where to rebuy the skined item "Cute Kitter Headgear" but the vendor is no longer there and i tryed as u said bout lunar thing and for sum reason i cant even put it in there :S?

1 minute ago, ScarsoulReaper-DN said:

no no no i didnt purifie it ive still got the apearance on my old helmet but i wish to use the apearance thats on that helmet onto my new one but for sum reason its not letting me im not sure why also i tried to find the place where to rebuy the skined item "Cute Kitter Headgear" but the vendor is no longer there and i tryed as u said bout lunar thing and for sum reason i cant even put it in there :S?

Okay.

I think I finally understand. The skin you are using is a one-time-skin only skin. Click your old helm and hit alt. The description of the helm will be fully viewable. At the bottom it will say something like, "cannot be extracted for appearance". That is tell you that you cannot use it to reskin something else. 99% of all skins in the game are one-time-use only. That's been the way of things since forever.

You have to register your item in the luna wardrobe before it was ever skinned onto anything. Going forward you can save skins you like there but it's too late for that helm.

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

Okay.

I think I finally understand. The skin you are using is a one-time-skin only skin. Click your old helm and hit alt. The description of the helm will be fully viewable. At the bottom it will say something like, "cannot be extracted for appearance". That is tell you that you cannot use it to reskin something else. 99% of all skins in the game are one-time-use only. That's been the way of things since forever.

You have to register your item in the luna wardrobe before it was ever skinned onto anything. Going forward you can save skins you like there but it's too late for that helm.

ahh that makes sense and sadly i put this on the helmet before the lunar wardrobe was even a thing.. and i even tryed to find the vendor to buy another but the vendor isnt even there so im starting to think either this item doesnt exist anymore or all the vendors have been moved :S:(

Archived