Wedding in the lore

GenericUser29922

I know the question is a little bit stupid.

But can devas marry to normal humans, even to other devas on the lore ?

I have heard and read that the shedims and the seraphim lords were not alloowed to marry each other (and to other devas ), what about our characters ?

I know the question seems Strange , but as the character may be considered as an archdeva in end game, what lore rules Apply now in the game?

That's silly, but even if it's a pure fiction, I like to know what's going on with players characters, even if i know that ther is no wedding system in Aion.

And I really which PC will not have the same rules about weddings and kids, than the seraphims .

I can't recall anything that specifically says yes or no off the top of my head, but Pandaemonium has (or had... thanks 6.x) the Vanahal district, where many of the residing families were known for producing a lot of daevas as offspring.

Aioncodex.com has text from quests available, you should be able to find more specific lore bits about it in there.

There is, pardon, used to be many love stories (happy and tragic) and married couples in Aion of both daevas, humans and daevas and just humans. Most notable probably would be the married couple Denlavis (forever young daeva), the chalice guard of Fire Temple and his very old and very bitter wife (human) Hannet. They had a stillborn baby, Denlavis went MIA during some mission, and later we find out he just used the mission to run off and then he fell for Kromede (not sure which one though as there are 2 of them in FT) and didn't want to leave. When our character reports that to Hannet after our first FT, she has us kill Kromede out of revenge (why not Denlavis though???) and we got title Bloodsworn. Repeatedly. At some point game introduced dark blue quests, many quest lines got tweaked by people who hadn't read the original quests, Hannet was moved from Agairon village to FT entrance and Denlavis became her son in the dark blue quest.

Although not married but in a very Shakespearean love affair would be Bollvig the Blackheart and Myanee.  Bollvig an Asmodian deava traveling to Elysea saw and fell in love with an Elyos human named Myanee.  She in turn fell in love with him thus starting the love affair.  However other Elyos found out about the affair and had Myanee killed as a traitor.  When Bollvig found out he went insane and became a cursed undead vowing vengeance on all the Elyos.  He is found in storm circle to this day cursing Elyos as undead thralls unless a strong and courageous daeva can find away to stop him.

That was indeed the Elyos story for Fire Temple at launch. Hannet also gave you a blue weapon.

And yes! The classic tragic love story of Bollvig and Myanee.

There was a very sad story on the Asmodian side of a guard in Altgard, I believe. He gives you a cube/item/thing that was left with him when he was abandoned there as a baby. You eventually find his mother who is a daeva in the Vanahal district. Her parents didn't approve of the match with the guard's father so she gave him up when he was born.

Don't forget the Elyos storyline where the woodcutter in Poeta asks you to steal the clothing of a "nymph" he is enamored of. You do and she attacks you and you have to run off because she was level 50 and you were level 2 or 3. You find her later in the library in Sanctum. She is a daeva and if you chose to tell her about the woodcutter she admits to being intrigued by the woodcutter. You go back to the woodcutter thinking you are making his dreams come true and it ends up that he is no longer interested.

There was also a very sad davea wondering around in Santcum who's love died waiting for him and was now a banshee. You bring a locket back to him after killing her.

And let's not forget about the woman (I think she was human) who is waiting outside the docks in Sanctum so she can be near to her love.. a shugo.

Thank you all for your replies :).

It helps me to have a better understanding of the lore.

I must say that my source for Aion's lore is quite limited (let's say… Aion wiki) and your answers are really usefull :) .

Let's hope the devellopers of the game will allow players to have a love story (who knows in futur patches), and I am thinking, maybe in some roleplay guilds (legions) they play that kind of stuff (even if it could be weird).

Still wishing that the player character is not bind to the same rules  than the seraphim or the asmodean shedim. If you have any info on that very last question, I would be glad to know.

6 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

There was a very sad story on the Asmodian side of a guard in Altgard, I believe. He gives you a cube/item/thing that was left with him when he was abandoned there as a baby. You eventually find his mother who is a daeva in the Vanahal district. Her parents didn't approve of the match with the guard's father so she gave him up when he was born.

Don't forget the Elyos storyline where the woodcutter in Poeta asks you to steal the clothing of a "nymph" he is enamored of. You do and she attacks you and you have to run off because she was level 50 and you were level 2 or 3. You find her later in the library in Sanctum. She is a daeva and if you chose to tell her about the woodcutter she admits to being intrigued by the woodcutter. You go back to the woodcutter thinking you are making his dreams come true and it ends up that he is no longer interested.

There was also a very sad davea wondering around in Santcum who's love died waiting for him and was now a banshee. You bring a locket back to him after killing her.

And let's not forget about the woman (I think she was human) who is waiting outside the docks in Sanctum so she can be near to her love.. a shugo.

Asmodian guard's grandfather was none other than the grand priest of Pandemonia.

And so the woodcutter's story could have the 3rd outcome? I didn't know about such ending. I've only had 2 endings - where they end up together (and you even get a quest for them later when they are a couple) and where she rejects him.

The "sad daeva" or Thersites, the Daeva of  Betrayal. His chain was my favourite. He has you kill three exes of his. The 2nd quest in the chain (Firescar) is the saddest and for me the most touching quest in the entire old Aion which had an abundance of touching quests. His third ex was a lepharist elite from the Village of Furious Women (Agairon had tons of them).

Then there's Medea an elyos spy in Morheim with fake mane and Jinus, a priest in Sanctum and their spy quest chain with you delivering sweet stuff.

A young married couple in Verteron, the teleport apprentice who misplaced his wedding band, and you can chose to whom you return it - the guy or the girl.

The matchmaking chain in Pandemonia which had you hunt for harder and harder to get items including a group spy quest. I never managed to finish the chain because the quest mobs no longer existed so i don't know how it ended. It had a hilarious cutscene with the guy wearing the pink dress reciting a poem to the arrogant girl.

The intelligent girl in Pandemonia library and the partygoer at the dock from "You Never Write, You Never Call".

And of course, everyone's favorite shugo and kobold Mimity in Verteron. And everyone's favorite cursed shugo couple in Morheim near Fire Temple.

The guy in Gelk wooing some girl and then it turns out he's married to the girl in Panda who used to start free dye quest.

The 2 gay hopefuls in Eltnen and the lesbian couple at Eltnen observtory.

The guy in Poeta (or was it Ishalgen?) who angrily threw away his beloved's ring because she ascended but he didn't.

The old sweet human couple in Jeiaparan, Heiron.

Isson the lepharist and the catfights over him (again, Agairon, the Village of the Furious Women). The quest gives you troll tittle "Isson's Apologist" with -4 (minus four) defense. If you talk to one of the villagers who has no quests, he tells you the whole story about the two girls fighting over him - the local priest and another villager.

Tons of other shugo love quests usually involving jewelry, treasures and shiny stuff.

There are far more romance quests and stories, these are just from the top of my head.

On 21/1/2019 at 8:02 AM, Fleurina-KT said:

I know the question is a little bit stupid.

But can devas marry to normal humans, even to other devas on the lore ?

I have heard and read that the shedims and the seraphim lords were not alloowed to marry each other (and to other devas ), what about our characters ?

I know the question seems Strange , but as the character may be considered as an archdeva in end game, what lore rules Apply now in the game?

That's silly, but even if it's a pure fiction, I like to know what's going on with players characters, even if i know that ther is no wedding system in Aion.

And I really which PC will not have the same rules about weddings and kids, than the seraphims .

Hey!
As I am a fan of Aion's lore myself, I never read something that made a wedding between a daeva and a normal human impossible. However, through the game there are plenty of examples of couples in which only one of the two managed to ascend, dooming the other one to live like a normal human and, eventually, get old and die. One of these examples is the two Elyos revolving aroun the Fire Temple, Denlavis and Hannett. Hannett is now a old woman but Denlavis is still as young as he was when he ascended. Also, I didn't know about the chaning in the lore where they made Denlavis to become Hannet's son lmao but originally he was his husband.

There is also the story of Bollvig and Maynee, yes,a very tragic one.

Apart from these few stories which are kinda important or notorious in the lore, there isn't much more... You have to interact with every single NPC to know more about them.

When it comes to interracial couples, I can remember in the old version of the game there was a Shugo being held captive by the Dukaki in the N-E part of Verteron (which now isn't avaible anymore) who was in love with a female Dukaki that you had to attack but not kill and kite towards the Shugo to end the quest. However, this was an impossible love because of the two different races.

After this last update, the Archdaeva system got removed and, in the lore, the Archdaeva sacrificed him/herself to prevent the destruction of Atreia again caused by the collapsing of Reshanta, therefore there is no Archdaeva now, only normal daevas. 

I think marriages between two daevas are acceptable as well as those in which one of the two is human and the other is not.

However, Seraphim and Shedim Lords were not allowed to have sex or fall in love because of the importance of their duty (do you know what happened to Kahrun, don't you?).

Archived