Chanters HB nerf - Can't retune weap

Bitcoins-KT

Now that healing boost has literally zero effect on Rejuvi and Cleansing spell, I'd really love to retune my weapon to remove HB. Oh but wait.. We can't re-tune armsfused weapons (yep, even if armsfusion is removed). 

I mean sure, HB will assumingly still effect Stamina restoration, healing light(lol), and healing burst (if socketed). But realistically, who's actually going to purposely tune HB over another stat for just these skills? 

Suck it up? Working as intended?

Don't most chanters have two separate sets though? I mean, I know I do. I don't have heal boost on any part of my red/purple dps set. I have a separate purple set for hp and heal boost. Sorry about your staff, but you should have attack stats on that to begin with. Is it a red & red combine? If so, that really sucks and I feel for you. :( I hope you can manage to get another red. If it's just a purple staff though, you'll replace it hopefully soon.

The problem is that dual weapon users can selectively retuned whatever they want and two handed weapon users have it all wrong again. If we can socket the armsfused weapon, why not be able to retune the armsfused option stats as well?

But lets be honest, the more Aion progresses the more unfair it turns. Classes are broken as fk, other classes are useless, some classes can do it all etc. I hope they find a way to fix this. You cannot make someone play the game as you design it only to change everything in the next patch.

On 3/28/2019 at 0:37 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

Don't most chanters have two separate sets though? I mean, I know I do. I don't have heal boost on any part of my red/purple dps set. I have a separate purple set for hp and heal boost. Sorry about your staff, but you should have attack stats on that to begin with. Is it a red & red combine? If so, that really sucks and I feel for you. :( I hope you can manage to get another red. If it's just a purple staff though, you'll replace it hopefully soon.

Yeh I do have a secondary set of ancient pve armor/mace/shield tuned with HB. But at least I can retune those items again if I want to. Tbh I'll probably just DE those now though.

I'm not super geared by any means. I started playing again when 6.2 was released and in PVP I'm using mostly +13 ancient pieces except for +3 purple boots and my pride and joy a +15 Ultimate Firebrand Staff tuned with atk speed, attack, crit & HB (combined with a legendary crafted pve staff).  My pve set is mainly ancient pieces with 6 pieces of legendary and I use my Firebrand pvp staff for pve as well.

Hey, I've been around the traps long enough to know that things in this game can change without any warning and yes, while the rejuvi spell nerf is annoying, I'm happy to accept it as long as I can adapt to these changes. Did I spend lots of my kinah getting the retune I wanted? You bet I did. But I'd happily retune my weapon again, without complaint, if I was able. I'd even be willing to remove armsfusion and lose my under weapon if it meant I was able to retune again but sadly this isn't the case.

The issue here is that the goal posts have been adjusted mid-game and there's literally nothing I (or we, speaking on behalf of other chanters) can do to counter it except spend the next several months grinding out another +15 Ultimate Firebrand staff.

It's gotta be a bug. Two-handed weapons should be able to be retuned if armsfusion is removed?  @Cyan

HB (and shards) still work extremely well on heal burst, healing light and word of life, there is no reason whatsoever to d/e your pve HB set. Ofc if you only use one set in pvp because switching sets is very hard, you should probably be playing a dps class.

As for a pvp hb set... you can say goodbye.

12 hours ago, Bitcoins-KT said:

The issue here is that the goal posts have been adjusted mid-game and there's literally nothing I (or we, speaking on behalf of other chanters) can do to counter it except spend the next several months grinding out another +15 Ultimate Firebrand staff.

I do agree that it's frustrating! I hope we can all get it worked out. Tbh, not being able to retune undercombines affects all 2-handed weapon classes.

11 hours ago, Capa-KT said:

HB (and shards) still work extremely well on heal burst, healing light and word of life, there is no reason whatsoever to d/e your pve HB set. Ofc if you only use one set in pvp because switching sets is very hard, you should probably be playing a dps class.

As for a pvp hb set... you can say goodbye.

I started socketing Healing Burst again for some things. Feels weird after not using it for 4 months lol.

21 hours ago, Capa-KT said:

Ofc if you only use one set in pvp because switching sets is very hard, you should probably be playing a dps class.

I know how to switch sets. You clearly didn't read my post. I said I was using an ancient armor/acc set which isn't fully enchanted yet. Yet alone socketed yet. Why would I have another set of armor/acc's if my current set isn't finished?  

10 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I do agree that it's frustrating! I hope we can all get it worked out. Tbh, not being able to retune undercombines affects all 2-handed weapon classes.

If only the issue was the under combined weapon. Sadly it's my main weapon (firebrand staff). I'd be more than happy to remove armsfusion IF it allowed me to retune my main weapon again. But sadly the game will not allow us to do so for any 2-handed weap.

20 hours ago, Montey-KT said:

I know how to switch sets. You clearly didn't read my post. I said I was using an ancient armor/acc set which isn't fully enchanted yet. Yet alone socketed yet. Why would I have another set of armor/acc's if my current set isn't finished?

I didn't read all replies because I've been hearing chanters (and non-chanters) cry about recovery spell nerf for 3 days straight, I believe I've got the memo.

Enchanting a non-ult pve set is pretty much a waste unless we're talking weapon/wings for a dps set, as a full ancient +0 tuned hb/hp is tanky enough (in all pve instances except maybe Veilenthrone) to switch to to pop a few heals then go back to dps set to dps. As for a pvp setting, enchanting your pve set does nothing so you'd be wasting stones. Socketing it full hb is much more important, and considering hb+5 prices you should at least have that done. And, once you get Frostspark pieces, hb+8 on those, ofc.

As for your specific staff problem, you should be able to retune it (the Firebrand you have on top) without removing the combine, I'm fairly sure I've done it on a 2-handed already fused weapon in 6.2. Can you send a screenshot of what it says when you attempt to retune it ?

Archived