Is remodeling armor/clothing still a feature?

Akaiyla-KT

Hey all, I'm a returning player who hasn't stepped foot in Aion in quite a while, since it's glory days nearly a decade ago.  Obviously a lot has changed since the 6.0 releases, and so I'm trying to get my bearings.  Is remodeling armor and clothing still a game feature?  I couldn't find Keruthis, the original appearance modifier in Pandaemonium.  D:  Please tell me they didn't get rid of it...  I love the armor set I have now and would like to keep the look of it for future sets.  I also worked my butt off to farm those Kirka petals.  ; - ;

Like the others said, you no longer need the npc to reskin outfits. There's an option in your menu. There's even a menu option to "save" an item's skin permanently for multiple uses. (I think it only works on cash shop skins, but correct me if I am wrong.)

Only thing is, unless you plan on reskinning every 5 minutes, you may want  to wait until you hit 80. 1-80 is now like an extended tutorial for when you hit Lakrum, and after that it's about getting better and better gear. I can't describe it any better than that. Even the next major update doesn't have levels added on.

1 hour ago, Polychrome-DN said:

There's even a menu option to "save" an item's skin permanently for multiple uses. (I think it only works on cash shop skins, but correct me if I am wrong.)

You can add tradeable armor from old patches in there too. For example, I have an old Sophisticated Frigida hauberk in there. You can add old crafted skins also -- from both Luna and aetherforging.

18 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

You can add tradeable armor from old patches in there too. For example, I have an old Sophisticated Frigida hauberk in there. You can add old crafted skins also -- from both Luna and aetherforging.

Thanks for the heads up. I was disappointed when it wouldn't let me put my old Jotun's set in there. But I suppose I can re-use the skins over and over.

And not only the skins. Every modification for your items are now on that menu. Armsfusion, desenchanting, etc. You no longer need to use an NPC to modify your items. Just be carefull and read everything before clicking anything. You don´t want to desenchant your items trying to add an skin xD 

Archived