Chanter Healers

Nadiko-DN

so im a returning player and my main character is a healing chanter back in the day I would even compete with clerics the only difference between me and the clerics was that chanters are single target healers so you really have to be on your game in being able to switch party memebers simultaneously and im able to do that it takes me about 1 sec for me to go from one party member to the next and one of my most important heals to be an effective healer is Recovery Spell and now I hear the devs have removed the spells ability to be effected by Heal Boost that's another thing as a Healing Chanter I use HB gear just like a cleric but now it seems the devs don't want the chanter to even be support healers like we are ment to be are the devs trying to force all chanters in to being full DPS or are they trying to destroy chanters all together? why are the devs trying to destroy chanter healers? we need recovery spell its a must have

Hi there, first of all welcome back. Now, regarding your inquiry, there have been a lot of changes in aion, especially with skills and gear. To summarize all the changes that i know of, they streamlined the game so that new players wont need to invest a monumental amount of time to experience what the game has to offer. Now on to the changes with the skills, basically they made it so that the skills enhances each classes capabilities but only to their own specialty, i'll use a templar as an example since its my main, they made our taunts more effective and gave us a toggle that will make it very easy for us to keep aggro well as long we have gear parity with our group mates anyway. However, they removed some of our sustain like Hand of Healing, Refresh Spirit and nerfed our damage output by decreasing the blood pact repeat to 2 instead of 3, not to mention that the toggle skill decreases our dmg, not really a welcome change for the lowest DPS class especially in PvP. As for the chanter, they pushed it to the more supportive role actually, your buffs are way more valuable than your heals, and regarding your healing chanter build, its still possible, albeit only in low tier dungeons like garden of knowledge, maybe frozen monolith if all of your members are geared enough. Also regarding recovery spell, it's still there, i believe there's even a daevanion skill for it.

So, to sum it up, a chanter CAN be the primary healer in easy instances, but when it comes to the top instances like Primeth Forge and Veilenthrone, its impossible since there are multiple AoE skills and healing each player one by one will only lead to wipes, I hope this helped. Have fun :)

Chanters heal better now than they did in 5.8. The reason why is a Daevanion skill called Rejuvenating Spell, which is an aoe group heal that you can have up literally the entire time (12 second cd and it lasts for 10 seconds). That skill will replace your weak Recovery Spell once you get it. It heals 3202 every 2 seconds. Now, it is NOT affected by heal boost. However, it can be enchanted, and it is affected by Celerity mantra (Celerity only affects the first tick). For example, my Rejuvenating Spell is +7 and it heals for 4000 on the first tick and then 3700 every 2 seconds after that. I easily heal Frozen Monolith in full dps spec stigmas with that skill while dpsing the boss. Would also be able to easily heal BoS if not for requiring a cleric on the bug boss.

Furthermore, ALL other chanter healing skills (Healing Light, Healing Burst, Word of Life, and Healing Conduit if anyone actually uses that last one) are ALL still affected by healing boost. My chanter has 1400 hb unbuffed on her pve support set, so it's still a very useful set to switch to in pvp *if* I'm not being focused by the other team. Obviously, you'll want to stay in your pvp set if you're being hit.

So bottom line, if you want to heal on your chanter, get Word of Life to +9 or as high as you can get it enchanted and get the Rejuvenating Spell Daevanion skill. As Vesta said above, chanter buffs and shields are still important. Make sure you bring Word of Inspiration (or Instigation) to endgame pve instances as it helps a lot of people reach the accuracy required to hit those bosses (PF, IDD).

I used to solo heal PF on my chanter back when Rejuvenating Spell was still affected by heal boost. I don't think I can anymore, although I haven't actively tried. I'd imagine it would be difficult during the adds phase as that is when a lot of the damage happens. Might still be able if your group is mostly red gear and you only get one set of adds (so you can use your 4k skill with heal boost on that set of adds). My group still gets 2 sets of adds though, although we are close to only getting 1 set. Soon hopefully!

All of that said though, chanters are a hybrid class. You will be expected to dps the boss in any group you are in, ESPECIALLY endgame instances (PF, IDD, and Veilen). If you try to go into someone's PF group and only expect to heal alongside the cleric, they'll probably end up kicking you for not contributing to overall dps.

thanks for the info guys I really do appreciate it I keep trying to tell people im support build but every one keeps telling me I cant support this patch or chanters cant support anymore

but thankfully do to my keyboard setup ive always been able to compete with clerics do to my reaction time and group member swapping only taking less then 1 sec though I sacrifice the use of my mouse to be able to do so to me targeting group members as fast as possible and the reaction time between skills was more important to me and I got both down to less then a second do to keybinds and now with your guys info sounds like ill have a reliable AOE heal now so I will be even more effective and I do go for heal boost PVE gear but clerics don't like competeing for there gear lol thanks again for the info I will put it to good use I was afraid I would have to Reroll

11 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Healing Boost never affected Healing Conduit. This was the case since 4.8 and still applies for 6.5.

Ah my bad! Thanks for the info.

9 hours ago, Nadiko-DN said:

clerics don't like competeing for there gear

That is irrelevant in this patch. Gear, at its base level, does not have any heal boost on it. You will have to retune the pieces to achieve heal boost. Note, armor/hats cannot get heal boost. Only accessories, wings, plume, and bracelet. *** Literally any class in the game can get heal boost now as the retune stats are the same for all classes. So you will just need to pick which ones you want and keep retuning until you get them.

*** Well, I guess technically ALL pieces can get heal boost since you can socket hb manastones, but on the retuning side of things, armor/hats cannot.

11 minutes ago, Nadiko-DN said:

one more question how do I get daevanion skills?

The drop randomly in end game instances. A shullack will spawn and your group kills it. The skill bundle is rollable. Also, you can craft one per week using AP and Genesis Crystals.

11 hours ago, Nadiko-DN said:

so mana stones are the only way to get Heal Boost on armor and hats?

Correct. HB is very easy to achieve in this patch though. As I stated above, my chanter has 1400hb unbuffed (checked, actually 1384 to be exact). Her pve support set is full purple with two reds. Only about half of her manastones are heal boost, maybe less than half. The other manastones are HP. So most of that HB is just from retuning accessories.

• 2 months later...

Archived