still worth playing again aion?

llllIIIIIIIIllll-DN

It's free. That's your largest incentive to give Aion a try again. 

Aion has some Pay2Win aspects, but more than half of the cries of "OMG! P2W!!!!!" are people complaining that anyone spent even a dime on the game. Putting out a game is a business and all gaming companies do it to make money. So it would make sense the companies entice us to spend our money to make things easier and quicker in game. This is hardly unique to Aion. If you want to play completely free to play, you will have to work harder and longer to get things.. but you can get them.

We are going to have a big merge in October from 5 servers to 2. After the dust (and the drama) settle, we should have two healthy servers with tons of PvP and easier to make PvE groups.

No idea of what you mean by "pharma"...unless you're refer to "farming".. and even with the merge I doubt that there will be "tons of PVP" , there may be a small improvement, given you're form KR it may be a big improvement for you, however there's no big incentive for open world PVP for many players.  There will likely just be bigger zergs near the towns, although sieges may improve on some servers.

There are players that throw thousands at the game but you can play without spending anywhere near that, or spend no RL money at all and get close to their level of gear.Realistically,  if you want the most OP gear in the game like  +20 enchanted gear without spending any money at all is going to b very, very  difficult. That being said- you don't need +20 gear to enjoy the game.

On 9/24/2017 at 8:40 AM, Nyinu-KR said:

We are going to have a big merge in October from 5 servers to 2. After the dust (and the drama) settle, we should have two healthy servers with tons of PvP and haxors, tons and tons of unregulated hacking, easier to make PvE groups.

Fixed that for you.

You're welcome.

Gonna be honest.  Haven't played in ages (over a year), came back less than a week ago.  Leveled a 65 to 66, went to do the first quest, and got ganked by a 2-star Elyos immediately outside town while about 10-15 other asmos stood around and did nothing in camp less than 100m away. 

Also, did a quick little Google search and checked a few sites that were posted on the original version of these forums years ago.  All the RMT, gliders, bots, scripts, etc. appear to be alive and well.

So...worth coming back?  I've got my reasons to grind PvE and play dredgion if it ever pops (still need Lakhane's to finish a 50 cleric I started many years ago, even though power-creep with extra enchants, new manastones, plumes, etc. has made her obsolete anyway).  Not much else here interests me, I got sick of the open-world gankfest back in 2012 or so (it was fun when everyone was near each other in levels and gear, but it kept getting worse with the power creep over time). 

Archived