Word of life is now useless and still is in 7.0 ?

Neleth-KT

Ever since removed of heal boost on daevanion recovery spell make support chanter now useless ? HB now only affected word of life,heal brust and healing light which 2 of them has too long cast time.I don't think if HB affected only word of life going to worth stats on armors/weapons.

I see a chanter now nothing more than a dps with mantra with support attack speed buff.Am I seeing chanter wrong ?

I'm thinking to go full dps stigma chanter with Soul Lock,WoI,Annihilation as 3 green stigmas.

Idk, I solo heal FM in full dps spec with no problem at all. Can generally keep a group alive in pvp too unless we're outgeared. I still love Word of Life and use it often. It's great for throwing out in pvp while running/kiting since it's insta-cast. However, I have +9 stigmas and you obviously don't, so yeah, would be better to use other stigmas for you. I think most chanters are full dps stigmas in pve these days, including me. There's no reason a chanter should be standing around and healing in pve. Even if you're solo healing FM, you can still dps because Rejuvenating will keep ticking while you dps. I'm usually Elemental Screen spec in pvp though. There are a million chanter threads and it's the same in each of them -- play the class how you want. Everyone has their own opinion.

I still got one more question,leaping flash or annihilation is better stigma ?

I used to like annihilation because before 6.2 we don't have enough skills to spam plus weaving still a thing.
But now weaving gone and skill CDs is shorter and we never run out of skills.

Is leaping flash better way to go ? :o

One more question about 7.0 Word of Inspiration.

https://aiondb.ru/skills/chanter/1579.html

I can't find duration of this skill.

According aionpowerbook this skill suppose to apply to yourself only and toogle.
But on RU database (Which is 7.0 already in RU version) said it's a group skill.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/V4q1Zv8fCEA?controls=1&fs=0&rel=0&showinfo=0&color=white&theme=light
The video showing this skill is a group AoE skill but it has negative effect -500hb (Yeah clerics going to like you if you use this skill and get -500hb on cleric xD)

1 hour ago, Neleth-KT said:

I still got one more question,leaping flash or annihilation is better stigma ?

I used to like annihilation because before 6.2 we don't have enough skills to spam plus weaving still a thing.
But now weaving gone and skill CDs is shorter and we never run out of skills.

Is leaping flash better way to go ? :o

Weaving is still very useful for chanter *IF* you have a 21% attack speed ancient transform. You don't weave quite as often as we used to though. I weave like every 2nd or 3rd skill now.

I use both Leaping Flash and Annihilation. In my opinion, I would pick Annihilation instead of Leaping Flash if you can only have one.

1 hour ago, Neleth-KT said:

One more question about 7.0 Word of Inspiration.

https://aiondb.ru/skills/chanter/1579.html

I can't find duration of this skill.

According aionpowerbook this skill suppose to apply to yourself only and toogle.
But on RU database (Which is 7.0 already in RU version) said it's a group skill.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/V4q1Zv8fCEA?controls=1&fs=0&rel=0&showinfo=0&color=white&theme=light
The video showing this skill is a group AoE skill but it has negative effect -500hb (Yeah clerics going to like you if you use this skill and get -500hb on cleric xD)

There is no duration because it's a toggle skill, just like mantras. I've watched several 7.0 Korea videos with chanters, and I've never seen Inspiration show up on other group members. If Russia did something different, I don't know.

There're many skills in NA/EU 6.75 that don't follow Korea changed such as sharpen arrow should increase crit 500,bloodslash damage nerf.It didn't happned.

I personally believed we will follow RU skills change.CD of WoI is 10 seconds so word of life is probably useless since you got -500hb from WoI.
Soul Lock maybe it's not that good for pve,What about Splash Swing ? The damage seems extremely high for a chanter ?

3 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

There're many skills in NA/EU 6.75 that don't follow Korea changed such as sharpen arrow should increase crit 500,bloodslash damage nerf.It didn't happned.

I personally believed we will follow RU skills change.CD of WoI is 10 seconds so word of life is probably useless since you got -500hb from WoI.
Soul Lock maybe it's not that good for pve,What about Splash Swing ? The damage seems extremely high for a chanter ?

You can reach ~1.5k HB in pvp gear with the new 7.0 accs + hb boost from collection / xform (cler/sw can reach more cuz of benevolence/exultation, even chanters get +300 hb from stamima restoration iirc), so even without toggling off WoI you'd be chilling at 1K HB (or just switch to your HB set) which is a 100% increase to your heals (add 10% boost from mantra to that), not something you'd call useless.

Archived