NCTaiwan is lacking communication with their players too

[Question] Asking is there any Hong Kong players in the same situation as me? (Chinese)

Various players from Hong Kong (And a few from Taiwan itself) were reporting that since last week's maintenance they are unable to play on Aion [TW]. Specially, after the Aion client loaded it "Could not connect to the authorization server" thus unable to play.

Looked like authorization server was blocking all overseas IPs including Hong Kong and Macau area, so a Hong Kong user who tried from HKBN and PCCW had to use VPN to get in.

One people even used a 2-hour free trial of a VPN to do IDD instance.

If it is underground communication cable then it should be everything in Taiwan area not be connectable, and not just Aion.

And according to a player, same account, same launcher, could login to Lineage 2 [TW] and Blade and Soul [TW], but not Aion [TW] (authorization server not connectable). And their 1:1 inquiries with the E-Box were not getting replies. No protection for paying customers, in Hong Kong and Macau the top up system was working but they could not deliver their service, and there are no return mechanism.

As of the latest post, some person has been unable to connect to Aion [TW] for 5 days.

NCTaiwan claimed their server was working fine, telling players to check their own connection. Telling players to check NCTaiwan's network connections? Players are feeling that nobody are looking at TW's servers...

The only official notice NCTaiwan made was Notice of suspension of Customer Service center activities:

The HR department issuing natural disaster notice, 8/9 (Friday) suspension of in-person customer service center and telephone support. Members can continue to use 1:1 inquiry (E-Box) and are encouraged to do so.

During service suspension if caused inconvenience or problems to members, please apologize

[Note: Northeast Taiwan was hit by a Magnitude 6 earthquake before threat of Typhoon Lekima]

[Note: Since last maintenance I am getting same "Could not connect to the authorization server" too as I was trying to bring 7.0 information to you guys]

[Note: I just connected to Aion TW]

Hong Kong is located in mainland China and is currently facing issues against the Chinese government. Taiwan wants to distance itself from that specific government, which could mean they're purposely blocking IP.

Or maybe I've no idea what I'm talking about and this could mean NCSOFT is trying to find an excuse to shut the game down.

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

Hong Kong is located in mainland China and is currently facing issues against the Chinese government. Taiwan wants to distance itself from that specific government, which could mean they're purposely blocking IP.

Or maybe I've no idea what I'm talking about and this could mean NCSOFT is trying to find an excuse to shut the game down.

I heard Taiwanese government is currently accept some hongkong protester refugees.Well I hope this will not go back in time to 1989 Tiananmen Square protests.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Tiananmen_Square_protests

Which ends horribly.

Read more about 2019 Hong Kong anti-extradition bill protests
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Hong_Kong_anti-extradition_bill_protests

15 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

I am going to type this in caps so you take some time to understand the meaning of the words i am about to type. NCSOFT DO NOT NEED A EXCUSE TO SHUT DOWN LIVE SERVICES THEY CAN JUST DO IT.  This is the problem with online gaming people who are attached to a product think it should never shut down.

I do not believe for one second that NCsoft are sitting there going OMG Aion in the TW region has made us $20,000 in the past year and it has cost us $100,000 to keep it running lets block some IP's so more people quit and we can shut it down. I doubt NCsoft who are probably worth a few billion would make a decision like this. However i am not a company owner so i do not know this stuff either.

17 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

Which ends horribly.

What? Nothing happened it was just a regular day. :P

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I am going to type this in caps so you take some time to understand the meaning of the words i am about to type. NCSOFT DO NOT NEED A EXCUSE TO SHUT DOWN LIVE SERVICES THEY CAN JUST DO IT.  This is the problem with online gaming people who are attached to a product think it should never shut down.

I do not believe for one second that NCsoft are sitting there going OMG Aion in the TW region has made us $20,000 in the past year and it has cost us $100,000 to keep it running lets block some IP's so more people quit and we can shut it down. I doubt NCsoft who are probably worth a few billion would make a decision like this. However i am not a company owner so i do not know this stuff either.

^ This, although for a big company sometimes its better to operate on a loss on a X market than not being part of said market at all.

‘Prepared to Die’: Hong Kong Protesters Embrace Hard-Core Tactics, Challenge Beijing

The resistance, which has mainstream support, is the biggest rebellion against China’s government since President Xi took power

https://www.wsj.com/articles/prepared-to-die-hong-kong-protesters-embrace-hard-core-tactics-challenge-beijing-11565038264

Hong Kongers prepared to die fight to death with China.

Archived