what is the best pvp weapon fuse for chanters?

kuroma-DN

Now that they've added PvE specific items, if you have the means, you should try to keep PvP and PvE weapons separate.

Best PvP : 2 Prime Captain weapons or a Prime Captain + a Prime Guardian weapon to take advantage of the additive PvP bonus augment effect

Best PvE: Harvester's or Sophisticated Frigida + Apollon for the PvE bonus conditioning effect

If you have ping issues, go with Provenance + Prime Captain for the extension (but as a Chanter, you have ranged skills, so this isn't ideal). In all honesty, I'm not sure where Provenance weapons fit in anymore since the extension isn't enough to justify the damage loss from a 2x Prime Captain fuse. Even in PvE, Harvester's, Sophisticated Frigida, or Apollon are better.

That's just my opinion of course.

If you aren't concerned about having the best of the best or if you want to use a single staff for both PvE and PvP, then Vantheria's recommendation is fine.

Doesn't most pve weapons have a higher base everything other then PvP stats? When I played, we always did pve ontop due to the higher base everything with a PvP bottom for the PvP stats. Mostly people always did prov weapons cause extendy. Guess they have added all kinds of new stuff since I been gone... dang. Glad I don't gotta grind anymore!

Personally I have a Prove+Prime for pvp and Prove+Soph for pve.  A lot of people prefer the Soph+Apollo for pve but I like the range from an extendable in Crucible spire.  I wouldn't dream of running pvp without an extendable though it appears other chanters do.

On 10/5/2017 at 9:31 AM, LittleSpoon-SL said:

Doesn't most pve weapons have a higher base everything other then PvP stats? When I played, we always did pve ontop due to the higher base everything with a PvP bottom for the PvP stats. Mostly people always did prov weapons cause extendy. Guess they have added all kinds of new stuff since I been gone... dang. Glad I don't gotta grind anymore!

They do. The problem though is that now, PvE weapons have conditioning. You can't combine an augment weapon under a conditioned weapon :/

Archived