Game Crashes on Start

GenericUser39369

1 hour ago, YoukaiCalamus-KT said:

Hello when i login and hit Play for the game it does the normal start up with the logo then it just closes and the game does not start up is there any way to fix it?? the game was running fine for me lastnight and the past 4 days before too please help

This is what fixed it for me:

Go to NCsoft/Aion/bin64 folder and rename aion.bin to aion.bin.old

I just started having issues with it a week ago after 10 years of no problems. >_<

If what Cheese recommends doesn't work, try this *if you have an Nvidia graphics card* as many of us have had this problem recently.

Nvidia released a new driver update about a month ago that is not compatible with Aion. It prevents the game from starting -- or sometimes you're lucky enough to get it to start, but it crashes within seconds after logging in. Uninstall that driver update and it should fix your problem.

26 minutes ago, YoukaiCalamus-KT said:

how do i uninstall that drive for Nvidia

its just i been running the game fine for friday saturday sunday monday tuesday and wed

thanks you the .old on the bin works

It sounds like Cheese's trick got you working, but I'll go ahead and reply in case anyone else sees this and needs to rollback their Nvidia driver.

For me, I have that GEForce Experience program on my computer which makes it super easy to install and uninstall drivers for Nvidia. I literally just click install or uninstall lol. If you don't have/want that program on your computer, you would just go to your Device Manager in your computer go to the Display dropdown, and select your graphics card and view its Properties. Then you'd click to the Driver tab and then hit Uninstall. But look at it first and see when it installed. The driver update which started causing problems came out around the end of August 2019, so if your driver is from before that, it's probably not the issue.

3 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

It sounds like Cheese's trick got you working, but I'll go ahead and reply in case anyone else sees this and needs to rollback their Nvidia driver.

For me, I have that GEForce Experience program on my computer which makes it super easy to install and uninstall drivers for Nvidia. I literally just click install or uninstall lol. If you don't have/want that program on your computer, you would just go to your Device Manager in your computer go to the Display dropdown, and select your graphics card and view its Properties. Then you'd click to the Driver tab and then hit Uninstall. But look at it first and see when it installed. The driver update which started causing problems came out around the end of August 2019, so if your driver is from before that, it's probably not the issue.

Apparently this is an issue between the newest nVidia drivers and specifically Aion.

Like Van, this happened to me and I had to rollback my drivers.

Can someone please inform me which Nvidia update is the culprit? I know you said it was released near the end of August, but I updated my drivers about two weeks ago and haven't experienced any problems with Aion. If I knew which version to watch out for then I'll make sure not to install it.

Archived