New account: locked, appeal@ncsoft.com doesn't work?

SumonaLisa

So we have a new event for new and returning daevas, so I made one new account to see what we get and how old players benefit from "helping" them. After doing campaigns etc, my char was about lvl 60 and I got a disconnect with a weird prompt (not the typical you have been disconnected from the server, it had some message from ncwest included which I do not remember).

I tried to relog and it was "locked for suspicious activity", not banned but locked. So I was asked to send a mail to appeal@ncsoft.com but I got a mail back that the mail failed to be delivered. I resent it and waiting.

Isn't this is weird? I told my friends on discord about this and they were the ones who told me there is an autoban that automatically bans every account that is made by default and then you have to ask them to give it back, or something. I haven't made a new account since 5.0 or earlier so I never knew about this but is that real!!!??? Or is this some weird glitch that happened just to me?

Because if this is real imagine a person who is indeed new, not hooked on the game so eh doesn't care, does a few hours of leveling and then getting locked "for suspicious activity" and decides to leave from this lame excuse for game mechanics. Some times I feel like this publisher is pushing players in our limits hoping everyone will leave so they can close the servers, as we have the most nerfed aion experience than any other region and the least (new) player friendly experience.

3 hours ago, Summonela-KT said:

Isn't this is weird? I told my friends on discord about this and they were the ones who told me there is an autoban that automatically bans every account that is made by default and then you have to ask them to give it back, or something. I haven't made a new account since 5.0 or earlier so I never knew about this but is that real!!!??? Or is this some weird glitch that happened just to me?

That is the height of false. NCsoft does not autoban accounts unless there's a massive excess of accounts made all at once from that IP.

Gameforge, however, tends to autoban North American IP accounts, and you have to contact them to get it unlocked.

Why your account got locked for suspicious activity, I don't know.

The email you need to send to is support@aiononline.com per https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us/articles/205041165-Aion-Account-Block

I second Cheesy's reply to this. 

I can further say that I did recently make a new account so that I could play the new Vandal while we waited on the character slot fix without deleting any of my existing characters and leveled her all the way to 77 without incodent and can still login to this account to this day (tho I have no reason to now as I have 2 Vandals and now a Songweaver and another Assassin on my main acct:).

Wherever you saw or heard NCsoft has an auto ban is full of it because that is just rubbish and as Cheese puts it: 'the height of False!'

Wait on your response from support. If you've done nothing wrong you'll get your account back.

I've had this happen in the past often enough to where I was pleasantly surprised recently when it did not, in fact, happen. Sending an e-mail to support as Cheesecake already advised should get it sorted out pretty quickly. Unfortunately they don't ever want to tell you what the problem that caused your account to be flagged is, so go figure. My best guess is something about the region, choice of email provider and the number of recently created accounts, but it's just a guess.

These accounts are not banned, they are locked. And they get unlocked by messaging them.

On 10/11/2019 at 5:49 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

Why your account got locked for suspicious activity, I don't know.

maybe he/she has a non static IP and that IP was used to make other accounts.

Archived