What's the problem with the boss Anomos?

Jubia-DN

5 minutes ago, Jubia-DN said:

Elyos as well...

Right. it's a tug-of-war. The side with the most agro will pull the boss to their camp. If Elyos have more agro, the boss will follow them to their camp. If the Asmos have the most agro, the boss will follow them to their camp. So if the boss is following the Asmos, then the Elyos need to step up their game.

11 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Right. it's a tug-of-war. The side with the most agro will pull the boss to their camp. If Elyos have more agro, the boss will follow them to their camp. If the Asmos have the most agro, the boss will follow them to their camp. So if the boss is following the Asmos, then the Elyos need to step up their game.

Yes,

HOWEVER, Asmos' camp from the point where Anomos spawns is just a hill, while Elyos' camp from the point Anomos spawns is a bit weird. You have to walk a distance then turn him around, which leaves plenty of time for Asmos to get him back.

DN-Asmos DO win most of the time (because they have more people) but if both factions had an equal amount it wouldn't be a 50/50 fight

DN Asmos may have more bodies at Anomos but they don't have more people overall. Elyos just need to get more people motivated.

I agree that the Elyos camp is harder to get into, but that works in the Elyos' favor during PvP. It's much harder to kill an Elyos in their base than it is to kill an Asmo in theirs. So it's really a trade-off, isn't it?

Last night the Elyos definitely had more people, there was a disjointed alliance of asmo pugs and the Nod ally only had 12 people. Fatbad and me xformed, he got aggro and I pvped the Elyos off as best I could. We were surprised we got the drop, we figured you guys had it.

47 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

So it's really a trade-off, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Brutallus-DN said:

Asmos' camp from the point where Anomos spawns is just a hill, while Elyos' camp from the point Anomos spawns is a bit weird. You have to walk a distance then turn him around, which leaves plenty of time for Asmos to get him back.

Exactly. There are these trade-offs in other places as well. For example, Asmos can only farm one ancient kibrium boss at a time without moving while the Elyos side has two very close to each other. Also, Elyos can glide right into the entry for their PF (old FM) while Asmos have to run all the way to theirs, risking death by Elyos. So again, trade-offs exist in several different aspects of the game and they vary in whose favor they land.

59 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Exactly. There are these trade-offs in other places as well. For example, Asmos can only farm one ancient kibrium boss at a time without moving while the Elyos side has two very close to each other. Also, Elyos can glide right into the entry for their PF (old FM) while Asmos have to run all the way to theirs, risking death by Elyos. So again, trade-offs exist in several different aspects of the game and they vary in whose favor they land.

Lakrum map in general favors elyos more than it favors asmodians. There are more dead ends in asmodians and narrower paths. For example the beach on elyos side is theoretically a "safe" spot unless asmodians decide to go there just because they know there are elyos to kill. It is not a path to anywhere, it is not like asmodians need to pass from that spot to go somewhere.
Going from their pf camp (ex-FM) to their middle camp is done by foot, asmodians need to go through dead ends and use a stream to go upwards to go there.
Their closest camp to their city is literally next to the middle camp in the middle line, you just jump down and glide to it.
If you have the fortress, going towards the asmodian side is easier than the elyos side for the pf-camp (ex-FM) since togo to the elyos you need to pass very close from their camp but in asmodians you can practically avoid it, hence elyos can avoid unwanted attention and potential pvp.

Of course people can argue this is not to the elyos favor or it favors asmodians.

Back to anomos... I feel so glad I never had to go there. So much drama in the past about it.

Archived