How's the current state of the game?

DarkStygian-KT

Hi guys! I quit Aion when they introduced the new update where they removed like 60-70% of the maps and introduced this skin thing which I wasn't able to get onboard with, just saw that there is a new update which is called Return to katalam and would like to know the state of the game in either long or brief detail, thank you, and any replies are very much appreciated!

Short version

Not Worth 

Edit: I would love to give you a list of why it is worth playing Aion again but the reality is there is no reason to play Aion unless you enjoy afking because that is what you will be doing majority of the time.

It's free and all you have to waste is your own time.

But if you quit because of the streamlining of leveling (areas under used removed) and the change from speed scrolls to transformations, then the things you didn't like are still very much alive. "Return to Katalam" refers to "Red Katalam" which is mostly a PvP area. If you are undergeared, you will be farmed. If you don't mind that, then come on back and check it out.

40 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

"Return to Katalam" refers to "Red Katalam" which is mostly a PvP area. If you are undergeared, you will be farmed. If you don't mind that, then come on back and check it out.

That holds true even back in the 4.0-4.7 days of the original Katalam.

[4.0 and 7.2] Katalam is where you do quests to get Blood Marks to buy PvP gear. Expected to get PKed many times in the process.

On 2/6/2020 at 10:59 AM, DarkStygian-KT said:

Hi guys! I quit Aion when they introduced the new update where they removed like 60-70% of the maps and introduced this skin thing which I wasn't able to get onboard with, just saw that there is a new update which is called Return to katalam and would like to know the state of the game in either long or brief detail, thank you, and any replies are very much appreciated!

Class imbalance is on the lose (not as bad at 7.0 was but it still exists). It is kinda easy to get geared in pvp and almost impossible in pve at the moment (no drops from instances and no way to get pve enchants). Enchanting stigmas is a a simulation only, we don't have safe spots yet, they will implement a +9 safe spot next wednesday, hence nobody can have +15 stigmas unlike other regions. Enchanting daevanion skills is only for the hardcore p2w people as the key thing was limited in BCM and no longer (I think they said they will put it permanently on BCM after our suggestions, next wednesday).

A few things are back to being account wh storabel, like kinah and all brokerable things, so it is easier to trade stuff. Also etiums (important pvp upgration materials) are also account wh storable, so you can get a ton of them via alts in the same account.

It will never feel like Aion, like the Aion we started, loved and got used to of course.

On 2/6/2020 at 0:59 AM, DarkStygian-KT said:

Well you remember that old crap sandwich that you used to enjoy so much?

Well old sandwich is gone, new sandwich is smaller, needs you to buy condiments from bcm, but is made by the same chef using his same signature rng sauce.

Good for casual play and some nostalgia, but I wouldn't throw any money at it.

Archived