Stigmas "Changes"

CMR-DN

Stigmas enchanted to +9 or above will no longer be reduced to below +9 upon failure, when using Stigma Enchantment Stones.

At +9 and above, Stigma Enchantment Stones will use a fixed success rate. @Cyan Posted February 11

Can you explain this better? I mean,give us a respond more explained about that? (generate false expectations because you don't explain well...a lot of ppl thought we'd have Safe +9 including me)

"At +9 and above, Stigma Enchantment Stones will use a fixed success rate"

Specifically: will use a fixed success rate. Because the safe is not +9 even using Stigma Enchantment Stones (a lot of players incluying me thought that the safe wil be +9 using Stigma Enchantments Stones). But If we read again only say "Stigma Enchantment Stones will use a fixed success rate" and it doesn't say that the safe will be +9.

¿What success rate? Safe +9? or just "Increased success rate" you wanted to say. I mean, it doesn't say it's goind to increase,and it won't be a safe+9 reading well, so that really means "Stigma Enchantment Stones will use a fixed success rate"? fixed what? which success rate? w8 ¿fixed what?

Honestly we deserve a complete explication about Stigmas because the game changed too much during the last 2 years? having Stigmas +9 give u 2 slot more and Stigmas +12  = 1 Greater Stigma Slot (is hugeeeee difference) and +15 Stigmas is almost impossible. We need real changes... as minimun give us  Safe +9 / +12

PD: It's been 1 week that asks the same thing and there are no signs of life, or intention to answer something that totally changed the game. Im pretty sure I'm speak for vast majority about Stigmas Enchant and I don't want to mention the Daevanions cuz are very important too but we are talking about Stigmas (for now).

53 minutes ago, CMR-DN said:

a lot of ppl thought we'd have Safe +9 including me

+9 IS a safe spot as long as you use a stigma enchantment stone. I can personally confirm your stigma will not drop below +9. Using another stigma is NOT a safe spot. Read the directions. You must use a stigma enchantment stone.

54 minutes ago, CMR-DN said:

Stigmas enchanted to +9 or above will no longer be reduced to below +9 upon failure, when using Stigma Enchantment Stones.

The fixed success rate is 20% when using a stigma enchantment stone on a +9 stigma to try and increase it. If it fails, it will not drop below +9, when using a stigma enchantment stone. +9 is a safe spot when using stigma enchantment stones to + it, so if you try to use a stigma it will drop below 9.

@Vantheria-DN  @Hellish-DN

Thanks! now I understand things a little bit better but If +9 is a safe spot as long as I use Stigma Enchantment Stones so ¿Why we still failing enchanting +4 +5 +6 +7 +8 and +9?

Shouldn't it be a universally safe spot (if it below +9 obviously)? I mean no matter what value you start with +4 +5 +6 +7 +8? the successful on Stigmas should be guaranteed using Stigma Enchantment Stones?
In other words we need to reach to +9 failing a lot of times to got the safe spot +9? because 1 friend used 9 Stigmas Enchantment Stones on a Stigmas +4 and she still having it +4.

PD: Yeah I know it's a technicalities but just cuz they didn't think to much...at least that's what I think. Anyways Thanks for answering me.

40 minutes ago, CMR-DN said:

@Vantheria-DN  @Hellish-DN

Thanks! now I understand things a little bit better but If +9 is a safe spot as long as I use Stigma Enchantment Stones so ¿Why we still failing enchanting +4 +5 +6 +7 +8 and +9?

Shouldn't it be a universally safe spot (if it below +9 obviously)? I mean no matter what value you start with +4 +5 +6 +7 +8? the successful on Stigmas should be guaranteed using Stigma Enchantment Stones?
In other words we need to reach to +9 failing a lot of times to got the safe spot +9? because 1 friend used 9 Stigmas Enchantment Stones on a Stigmas +4 and she still having it +4.

PD: Yeah I know it's a technicalities but just cuz they didn't think to much...at least that's what I think. Anyways Thanks for answering me.

Man no, safe spot means once you take it to +9 it will never fall lower than +9 again.  It is like the enchants in our gear, +10 is a safe spot, once you take it to +10 it doesn't go lower than that.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Man no, safe spot means once you take it to +9 it will never fall lower than +9 again.  It is like the enchants in our gear, +10 is a safe spot, once you take it to +10 it doesn't go lower than that.

To be clear here, it will NEVER fall below +9 provided you are using a stigma enchantment stone.  If you use the normal corresponding stigma of the same name at +9 it can (and probably will) blow up and drop back to +0 in an instant.  Honestly, I hate the fact that you can't use the corresponding stigma for +9 since it would more than likely have a higher success rate than using a stigma enchantment stone. The only true benefit to the stigma enchantment stone is that it has a good chance of not reducing the enchantment level upon failure.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You forgot to add that there's 100% Enchant only for Gear. So I'm pretty sure there's a huge difference between Gear and Stigmas (without mention that they can't be correlated, you can only use small analog like you just did now).

For example: I can put 5 pieces +15 just right now but I can do the same with Stigmas? hell no haha xD and I can bet you're full +15 (just sayinggg e.e)

Btw I understood your point but Stigmas are Stigmas and Gear is Gear.

The main difference is the enchant rate I can tell you, you are more likely to get a +15 stigma than a ultimate piece of gear to +15 with all ancient stones. and what you said is onlybecause you use a higher stone you have a better chance for success. so there is less of a difference than you think. The "fixed rate" for stigmas above +9 is 20% its 20% to get +9-+15 hope that helps you understand the last bit of your question as well. 

15 hours ago, CMR-DN said:

You forgot to add that there's 100% Enchant only for Gear. So I'm pretty sure there's a huge difference between Gear and Stigmas (without mention that they can't be correlated, you can only use small analog like you just did now).

For example: I can put 5 pieces +15 just right now but I can do the same with Stigmas? hell no haha xD and I can bet you're full +15 (just sayinggg e.e)

Btw I understood your point but Stigmas are Stigmas and Gear is Gear.

The question was about whether a +9 can go lower or not, the guy thought that below +9 there was no way for it to fail at all as if a +7 could never go back to +6 because apparently "safe spot is +9" so he thought you can take it all the way to +9 without it going lower even in a fail.

Gear is also not 100% success, below +10 it can still fail and go lower, a +9 gear can go all the way down to +0 if it keeps failing, a safe spot means once it goes to +10 it can never go lower than +10 no matter the fails.

Of course gear is easier to enchant:
1) Better enchant rate in gear than stigmas
2) ultimate enchants do not lower the enchant even if they fail, no such enchant in stigmas
3) there are 100% enchant stones (pretty rare) that guarantee you succeed in enchanting, obviously no such enchant for stigmas as well.

The guy seemed confused as to why a lower than +9 stigma still fails and goes lower... because the safe enchant pad is +9 and this only applies to stigma enchant stones.

P.S. my arcane thunderbolt is +2, it succeeds one time and then fails two times. I didn't remember how I made my stigma +9 and then I remembered there was an even in 5.8 where we had a safe enchant at +6.

That's it, my arcane thunderbolt will never be more than +3 or something. The chance to enchant is like 1/3 or something and we all know that in Aion RNG that is close to 1/10th.

Like a +10 ultimate item has like 50% chance to succeed with a legendary stone, but you can literally fail 20 stones in a row because the algorithm is making sure people will lose more than win.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

P.S. my arcane thunderbolt is +2, it succeeds one time and then fails two times. I didn't remember how I made my stigma +9 and then I remembered there was an even in 5.8 where we had a safe enchant at +6.

That's it, my arcane thunderbolt will never be more than +3 or something. The chance to enchant is like 1/3 or something and we all know that in Aion RNG that is close to 1/10th.

Like a +10 ultimate item has like 50% chance to succeed with a legendary stone, but you can literally fail 20 stones in a row because the algorithm is making sure people will lose more than win.

Yeah the RNG in this game is insanely bad to the point of me wanting to call shenanigans because there are too many occasions where your RNG lands roughly in the same area.  Like rolling consistently around the same number in a row.  This is more than likely the reason you will get more fails on something than you should because you'll land more in the 80% failure zone hovering around the same number you failed with which is why you can get an insane string of 20-40 failures in a row when statistically, this shouldn't be. The inverse is that sometimes you can get in the success zone and hover around the numbers in that zone and get a string of successes in a row.  

1 minute ago, Malachyte-KT said:

Yeah the RNG in this game is insanely bad to the point of me wanting to call shenanigans because there are too many occasions where your RNG lands roughly in the same area.  Like rolling consistently around the same number in a row.  This is more than likely the reason you will get more fails on something than you should because you'll land more in the 80% failure zone hovering around the same number you failed with which is why you can get an insane string of 20-40 failures in a row when statistically, this shouldn't be. The inverse is that sometimes you can get in the success zone and hover around the numbers in that zone and get a string of successes in a row.  

...exactly, and in the university in IT we did a random number generator seed algorithm and we know what to do and what to avoid.

In real life a perfect dice, can be thrown and have 100 times the number 6 when it lands... it is a super rare thing but it is possible as long as the dice is 100% legit. Every specific combination is a rare phenomena.
In an RNG (random number generator) you cannot do these things, for it to be successful it has to resemble actual randomness. If you make an RNG dice algorithm and that gives the number 6 100 times in a row, your customer will simply say "you don't know jack sh!t about RNG algorithms"

...they clearly messed up a specific part of it, there is no way Aion RNG is always prone to failing that hard.

Archived