7.2 / 7.5 assassin dual wield d/d vs d/s

Cub-DN

Need help In deciding which way I should go..

Pve: I'm assuming d/d for speed & crit

Pvp: d/s for burst damage

(I only really solo pvp / ganking) but I am curious if d/d would be more beneficial for group play?

Thoughts? 

i don't play sin but as nobody else replied to you, here are my 2 cents

like now after 6.0 all weapons have the same stats, so i think the best is d/d for both pve and pvp, maybe d/s if you do some weaving the extra strike form the sword can proc more deadly poison stuns?, and s/s i think is the worst option

5 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

like now after 6.0 all weapons have the same stats

Most of your post seems accurate but swords still show as having a slightly higher weapon damage compared to daggers. Dagger (167-185) vs Sword (185-226)  

In the past, daggers had a higher crit modifier compared to swords. Is this still true? If so, D/D definitely seems best for everything. If not, would higher weapon damage and extra strike on swords translate to higher DPS over longer PvE battles?

Yes every weapon have different weapon damage i omited that coz imo i don't consider it a major factor anymore, not sure but i think auto attacks are around 6 - 4% of total dps in PvE and even less in PvP (some dpsmeter user correct me if im wrong pls)

About crit multipliers those remained unchanged and dagger is still the higher, 2.3X iirc

Weaving is still a must and is free damage when done properly. 

With that being said, unless changed after these many years, crit modifier is based off of mainhand weapon. This is why we use Daggers instead of swords on the mainhand. Swords provide more DPS on average due to higher base stats but you want that higher crit modifier. 

S/S Sins used to be a thing back in 1.5-2.6 when you could literally 3 shot people due to the massive amount of damage in comparision. 

However with the current game, just use what's best that you can find, aim for at least a dagger in main hand for faster base attack speed + crit modifier. Use whatever sword/dagger you can get ahold of. I'll still say that D/S is best, but D/D provides slightly more speed if you got below 50ms ping to utilize it. 

The game is so broken in terms of min/maxing DPS that it's cancerous. It doesn't matter as much anymore. 

Weaving absolutely is a must if you want to maximize your damage, with proper auto-attack canceling, there is not shortage of time between skills.  I don't weave every skill (Swift edge chain/backstab chain) I don't weave, but weaving the other chains are necessary to maximize DPS.

Archived