Weekly PVP kills quest bugged?

Yona-DN

I never had trouble doing this before the patch and didn't even try to focus on it, now I might have like 20 kills out of the 300 needed. I noticed I only get credit if I get the kill shot or do the most damage, even in groups it is the same issue. Is this a bug? Thanks! :3

1 hour ago, Hellish-DN said:

You have to actually have to be in the ally that gets credit for the kill to count, it used to be that you only had to attack or be attacked to get it.

I am, even in just normal groups I am having this issue, thanks!

15 hours ago, Yona-DN said:

I am, even in just normal groups I am having this issue, thanks!

@Hellish-DN and I experimented with this quest yesterday. As you said, it used to be that just PARTICIPATING in pvp (like the quest says) would get you credit. Now, you have to actually get the last hit on the person. Not necessarily the kill "credit," but the literal last hit. We would get kill credit on some kills (it would update other pvp quests), but it would not update that quest because someone else got the last hit.

Not sure if this is broken or was an intended change, but it sucks. Makes it damn near impossible to finish that weekly lugbug quest.

On 3/12/2020 at 9:41 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

@Hellish-DN and I experimented with this quest yesterday. As you said, it used to be that just PARTICIPATING in pvp (like the quest says) would get you credit. Now, you have to actually get the last hit on the person. Not necessarily the kill "credit," but the literal last hit. We would get kill credit on some kills (it would update other pvp quests), but it would not update that quest because someone else got the last hit.

Not sure if this is broken or was an intended change, but it sucks. Makes it damn near impossible to finish that weekly lugbug quest.

Yikes. That's a real step backwards. So long, heal classes!

On 3/12/2020 at 1:46 PM, Screamz-DN said:

Both weekly and daily kill quests for lugbug update in the training arena below stellusia. I've seen people like Enderr spam killing their alts to finish the quest. 

And that would be the natural progression to changing the quest to only update for the person that gets the last hit. Sad, but true.

On 3/12/2020 at 7:46 PM, Screamz-DN said:

Both weekly and daily kill quests for lugbug update in the training arena below stellusia. I've seen people like Enderr spam killing their alts to finish the quest. 

I vote this to be the best solution. Because you can do it by yourself now.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:18 PM, Yona-DN said:

I never had trouble doing this before the patch and didn't even try to focus on it, now I might have like 20 kills out of the 300 needed. I noticed I only get credit if I get the kill shot or do the most damage, even in groups it is the same issue. Is this a bug? Thanks! :3

Hey one thing I forgot to mention is that during sieges (altars etc) the kill doesn't count towards urgent orders. Maybe this also created a collision with the weekly quest in lugbug. I am not sure if that also applied to it.

300 is overkill for this region, they should bring it back to 100. Some of us forced to do this quest since other ones cant be finished for reasons. I leveled a opposite faction toon on new account just for this but too lazy to finish it every week.... xD

Archived