Stigma Enchant event?

Arhangelos

Do you guys think we need a stigma enchant event? We will get a safe spot at +12 when 7.5 comes because it is a feature, but other than that I think other publishers have already given at least 2 stigma enchant events so far, we never had one since the last days of 5.8 where a +6 was a safe spot and the goal was to have stigmas at +9

I am glad we have so many events running at the moment, but a stigma enchant event would have been good at some point too.

We will get the safe spot at like Koreans did, I wouldn't even ask for it now because I know it won't happen.

But a stigma enchant event with higher success rate would be great. EU went from 20% success to 35% success after +9 and it really made a ton of difference.

2 hours ago, SLeona-DN said:

i see p2w wants ulti xform + stigmas +15
lets see how many ppl gonna play after that
whales vs whales

Exactly this. Ncsoft screwed what little balance we had with the ultimate transformations p2w event. Every p2w person who didn't have Kaisnel, has it now thanks to that event. After un-nerfing the stats of transformations claiming it was for balance, only to do this nonsense. The afk even also benefits them more because the majority of them already had +15 gear since 7.0 and +12 stigmas and some enchanted daevas skills so this event just helps them finish off what they didn't have while f2p people have to choose one item from the event they need the most. Or use multiple accounts to benefit from everything and still be nowhere close to complete. I am not bashing the afk event. I think it's okay.

2 hours ago, SLeona-DN said:

whales vs whales

Exactly this. Ncsoft screwed what little balance we had with the ultimate transformations p2w event. Every p2w person who didn't have Kaisnel, has it now thanks to that event. After un-nerfing the stats of transformations claiming it was for balance, only to do this nonsense. The afk even also benefits them more because the majority of them already had +15 gear since 7.0 and +12 stigmas and some enchanted daevas skills so this event just helps them finish off what they didn't have while f2p people have to choose one item from the event they need the most. Or use multiple accounts to benefit from everything and still be nowhere close to complete. I am not bashing the afk event. I think it's okay.

1 hour ago, SLeona-DN said:

whales vs whales

I didn't pay a single penny for my +12 stigmas. I gave kinah to my alts over a 2-3 month period and had them buy stigma enchantment stones every week on the Gold Sand Traders. And that's just the ridiculous steps I took earlier this year. Now, it's very easy with the current event to get a lot of stigma enchantment stones. Use your main toon to get the daily Daevanion skill book and then have a second toon (on a different account) leveled up to the Stormwing level which gives 3 stigma enchantment stones per day. Just collect those enchantment stones on that one toon each day. If you start now, you'll still have around 130 stigma enchantment stones at the end of the event even though you'd be starting late. I mean yeah, it's not as easy as just having one account do the Stormwing event, but at least it's 100% free.

How can you guys get it all wrong is beyond me. This is your losing mentality that won't let you progress not the events that you fail to take advantage of.

• The p2w people ALREADY have +12 stigmas, they have been using anything from 150 to 200 stigma enchant stones and get their stigmas to +12. A stigma enchant event will open this up for more people to actually enchant stigmas without the need to use up to 200 stigma enchants. You would be able to +12 your stigma with like 20~40 stigma enchants or even less if you are lucky. That is free-to-play friendlier than having to use 200 stigmas which is right now. Even buying stigmas with 13m each from GST means that if you need 150~200 that is 2B~2,6B per stigma +12!

• The afk event is for p2w people? There is NOTHING you can pay to progress for that thing. The pet event is a 100% free event, it gives everyone 2 free legendary transforms with one being semi-selectable, something that during the 6.x was predominantly a p2w thing (or extreme luck in RNG) and now even alt accounts have legendary transforms. And it's not like you need to be active to be afk 24 hours, just stuck your space bar and let your char jump for the event while you sleep. I do not see anything p2w here. Pl;ay your char, do everything you need and when you are done simply do not log out.

you have alts you said... guess what you can get a ton more stigma enchants by having them level their pet too!

• +15 Daevanions... I couldn't even make my daevanions +5 before this 100% free pet event, remember when daevanion essences were a BCM-exlclusive item? P2w people got like 100 of them and stocked up enough to have their daevanions to +15 and getting daevanion books was so hard. Now everyone can get a free selectable daevanion every day and daevanion essences have a lot more ways to be obtained than before. You do not even need the pet to be evolved too high for that, level 4 pet is enough (5 tokens + 40 tokens + 70 tokens), you could make the 105 tokens in like 5 days if you really tried hard and then enjoy the selectable daevanion for months every day!

• The ONLY p2w thing is the card "event" but that is a BCM feature, the whole BCM purpose is for p2w people to get a boost at their progress.

~~

Anything that makes progress easier is benefiting the free players more than the p2w ones. The p2w ones have exclusive access to really hard and expensive things before anyone else does. It is the events that make everyone able to do the end game things better.

I've literally just given up completely on trying to enchant my stigmas.   When I collected 12 stigma enchant stones from event and tried to get a stigma from +8 to +9 and after it was done I was +7.  It stupid and ridiculous and who would waste money and throw it out the window trying that crap.  another very stupid aspect of this game that's annoying as #*)(.

10 hours ago, HeartStrings-DN said:

I've literally just given up completely on trying to enchant my stigmas.   When I collected 12 stigma enchant stones from event and tried to get a stigma from +8 to +9 and after it was done I was +7.  It stupid and ridiculous and who would waste money and throw it out the window trying that crap.  another very stupid aspect of this game that's annoying as #*)(.

I have 1 other account. I had 100 stigma stones. All my stigmas are plus +7. I decided to sse them to see how much I could get to +9. At the end I only got 1 to +9 and one got lucky with a +2 after +8 and went +10. The 3rd stigma I used took all my stigma stones and left me with 0. I think it was now a mistake to choose them from this event but I just did because I was waiting until I could evolve my pet to the final form.

11 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

How can you guys get it all wrong is beyond me. This is your losing mentality that won't let you progress not the events that you fail to take advantage of.

• The p2w people ALREADY have +12 stigmas, they have been using anything from 150 to 200 stigma enchant stones and get their stigmas to +12. A stigma enchant event will open this up for more people to actually enchant stigmas without the need to use up to 200 stigma enchants. You would be able to +12 your stigma with like 20~40 stigma enchants or even less if you are lucky. That is free-to-play friendlier than having to use 200 stigmas which is right now. Even buying stigmas with 13m each from GST means that if you need 150~200 that is 2B~2,6B per stigma +12!

• The afk event is for p2w people? There is NOTHING you can pay to progress for that thing. The pet event is a 100% free event, it gives everyone 2 free legendary transforms with one being semi-selectable, something that during the 6.x was predominantly a p2w thing (or extreme luck in RNG) and now even alt accounts have legendary transforms. And it's not like you need to be active to be afk 24 hours, just stuck your space bar and let your char jump for the event while you sleep. I do not see anything p2w here. Pl;ay your char, do everything you need and when you are done simply do not log out.

you have alts you said... guess what you can get a ton more stigma enchants by having them level their pet too!

• +15 Daevanions... I couldn't even make my daevanions +5 before this 100% free pet event, remember when daevanion essences were a BCM-exlclusive item? P2w people got like 100 of them and stocked up enough to have their daevanions to +15 and getting daevanion books was so hard. Now everyone can get a free selectable daevanion every day and daevanion essences have a lot more ways to be obtained than before. You do not even need the pet to be evolved too high for that, level 4 pet is enough (5 tokens + 40 tokens + 70 tokens), you could make the 105 tokens in like 5 days if you really tried hard and then enjoy the selectable daevanion for months every day!

• The ONLY p2w thing is the card "event" but that is a BCM feature, the whole BCM purpose is for p2w people to get a boost at their progress.

~~

Anything that makes progress easier is benefiting the free players more than the p2w ones. The p2w ones have exclusive access to really hard and expensive things before anyone else does. It is the events that make everyone able to do the end game things better.

I think you all keep forgetting one simple fact that is encoded into Aion. R N G. Yes the thing that lessens the materials you gathered because it decides to f**k you one of many days. See my reply to Heartless above. I don't like speaking about events because when we get a decent one which us f2p people can actually participate in (which is less than 5 times a year) it makes me sound ungrateful. But the afk event is not that great either for reasons stated in my first post in this thread. Again I am not saying it sucks. It's okay. P2w people can 1 Pay to get as much items as they want plus also getting more from events f2p people can participate in. So yes people still won't be happy. Who would be when you run into someone killing you in 3 hits with 2 times your attack and casting speed and options to catch up to them are limited. Especially when they sped past most of us due to the same events Ncwest told us were not going to be heavily focused on when we got 6.2. 

14 hours ago, Treos-DN said:

I think you all keep forgetting one simple fact that is encoded into Aion. R N G. Yes the thing that lessens the materials you gathered because it decides to f**k you one of many days. See my reply to Heartless above. I don't like speaking about events because when we get a decent one which us f2p people can actually participate in (which is less than 5 times a year) it makes me sound ungrateful. But the afk event is not that great either for reasons stated in my first post in this thread. Again I am not saying it sucks. It's okay. P2w people can 1 Pay to get as much items as they want plus also getting more from events f2p people can participate in. So yes people still won't be happy. Who would be when you run into someone killing you in 3 hits with 2 times your attack and casting speed and options to catch up to them are limited. Especially when they sped past most of us due to the same events Ncwest told us were not going to be heavily focused on when we got 6.2. 

...and somehow events are bad for f2p people? This is what the other guy and you implied.

Heck it is the events that make f2p gamers catchup. I did not like when someone had +15 daevanions and mine were merely +5, because they could afford to spend 1000$ and buy whatever they needed while I couldn't. Here I am, spending 0 dimes and already having like 5 important skills to +15 BECAUSE of the event.

A stigma enchant event will make a huge chunk of people manage to make +12 stigmas, the reason you failed to enchant your +7 to +9 is the RNG and the success rates. An event with boosted enchant rates will only make it good for you, guess what, the p2w people already got their stigmas to +12, so I am sure the majority of them will not even benefit from a stigma enchant event unless we get a +12 safe spot so they can turn theirs to +15.

You are confusing pay to win tactics with events. The cards for example are not an event but rather a BCM featured item. They turned it into a semi-event by allowing everyone to get 6 free cards per account and gamble their RNG for the transforms.

~~~

In short what you guys suggest is
"lets never have a stigma enchant event so p2w people can roam around with their +12 and f2p players never manage to get even +9"
this is what you guys want here, you guys sound like p2w people that do not want f2p players to be able to catch up.

6 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...and somehow events are bad for f2p people? This is what the other guy and you implied.

Heck it is the events that make f2p gamers catchup. I did not like when someone had +15 daevanions and mine were merely +5, because they could afford to spend 1000$ and buy whatever they needed while I couldn't. Here I am, spending 0 dimes and already having like 5 important skills to +15 BECAUSE of the event.

A stigma enchant event will make a huge chunk of people manage to make +12 stigmas, the reason you failed to enchant your +7 to +9 is the RNG and the success rates. An event with boosted enchant rates will only make it good for you, guess what, the p2w people already got their stigmas to +12, so I am sure the majority of them will not even benefit from a stigma enchant event unless we get a +12 safe spot so they can turn theirs to +15.

You are confusing pay to win tactics with events. The cards for example are not an event but rather a BCM featured item. They turned it into a semi-event by allowing everyone to get 6 free cards per account and gamble their RNG for the transforms.

~~~

In short what you guys suggest is
"lets never have a stigma enchant event so p2w people can roam around with their +12 and f2p players never manage to get even +9"
this is what you guys want here, you guys sound like p2w people that do not want f2p players to be able to catch up.

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying. Implying and actually stating something are two entirely different things. Events that f2p people can participate in and get items that actually help progression are not bad and never will be. I don't think anyone can refute that fact. Technically they also do help us to catch up while not allowing us to catch up at the same time due to the amount of items available in the events and duration of said events. P2w people are already very very far ahead in that while we are trying to catch up on the current patch or even last patch, they already are preparing for the future patches.

Of course I know rng played a part in the stigmas I was trying to enchant. You missed my point when I stated. "R N G. Yes the thing that lessens the materials you gathered because it decides to f**k you one of many days." When I said that it was stating that rng lessens your materials. Aka you need a surplus of items to achieve anything in this game that are not readily available if you do not pay. Also why I stated p2w people benefit more from events that are f2p and also p2w. "I just tried to enchant stigmas with 100 stigma enchantment stones and only made 2 +9. Oh well I'll just use my credit card buy more and also get more from f2p events". Versus "I just tried to enchant stigmas with 100 stigma enchantment stones and only made 2 +9. Well.... I hope an event comes up this year where I can gather more and I don't have to spend anything. Also I hope it's a reasonable amount!".

The part you have bolded is not what most f2p people think at all. What it is, is "If you are spending a lot of money on Aion already, you shouldn't mind trying to keep spending to get your items to +15 to overthrow what little difference in power between f2p and p2w people". If you spend money and have 1000 stigma enchantment stones saved up helping them to get +15 easier by giving them a safe spot at +12 does not look great for those of us behind them on everything. Example call of lighting is 6k+ when it is not at +15, at +15 2k more damage is added to it. 2 clerics fight. One is p2w one is f2p who do you think is doing the more damage? It's literally you having a knife and the other guy drives in with a tank. Again. Do you think people will stay in this game or leave? Not everyone is willing to be a punching bag in hopes that one day they will catch up. Why do you think people are leaving? NA's population is not in a good place and probably will never recover. Do you want to kill it more?

11 hours ago, Treos-DN said:

too long didn't read

Man... events... we have been fighting NCWest since 6.0 came because they decided to not have enough events for us unlike all other publishers that always had a ton of events running simultaneously. We are this path right now with many events at the same time, so that is a good path we are at.

Events bring people back, event make everyone progress, event make everyone get items/mats that previously were impossible to get. Events break the cycle of p2w vs f2p.

I asked for an event to benefit the enchantment for anyone who cannot afford to buy 200 stigma enchants for one +12 stigma and somehow people managed to make this a good thing for p2w people.

You are arguing that p2w people can benefit more from some events when these give additional items via purchase... duh, they already benefit more from purchases you and I are not making in BCM in many ways, nobody needs an event to p2w, you can already p2w in a way that f2p people wouldn't event dream!

Events with BCM purchasable items = benefit everyone and p2w people can benefit more
Events that increase chances, buffs etc = benefit everyone, especially those that are active
Events that are afk friendly = benefit everyone, even alt accounts

~~
I didn't ask for a stigma enchant event where you need to buy a BCM item to achieve better chances. I said a stigma enchant event with increased rates, for everyone. That benefits f2p people as much as anyone else for sure, if not more (because p2w people ALREADY have that +12, this would give you the chance to reach them).

+12 safe spot comes at 7.5 and guess what without a stigma enchant event now, the p2w people that already have +12 stigmas will get eventually +15 stigmas and you will still struggle to make yours +9 to begin with, because rates suck, and you didn't want a stigma enchant boost event.

11 hours ago, Treos-DN said:

Example call of lighting is 6k+ when it is not at +15, at +15 2k more damage is added to it. 2 clerics fight. One is p2w one is f2p who do you think is doing the more damage? It's literally you having a knife and the other guy drives in with a tank. Again. Do you think people will stay in this game or leave? Not everyone is willing to be a punching bag in hopes that one day they will catch up. Why do you think people are leaving? NA's population is not in a good place and probably will never recover. Do you want to kill it more?

...without an event one f2pcleric can be at +9 barely while the other one is at +15 already. Because the p2w doesn't care if it needs 1000 stigmas to make a+15, he will do it. He already pays to get a boost.
With an event the f2p might be able to get +12 and get closer.

You haven't persuaded me that you are not p2w yourself and you make sure nobody can catch up with you with your plea for no events.

Archived