Could someone explain this?

Mekanyan-DN

Could someone explain how this happened?

I was teleporting (you can check that in log: 1 kinah spent) and after one or two hits while my character was vanishing, I died.

According to log, the damage he dealt to my character was exactly 35.605 (that's the sum of every recorded damage). As you can see, my HP is 51k (75k with camp HP buff, which I had).

Aion0000.png

Aion0001.png

He didn't even dealt much damage (5k critical? lol), and also I was teleporting, how did I die?

When you teleport you still have your animation of teleporting and also did you have full HP when you started teleporting? There is lag and latency and while your body is trying to vanish you still can get some dmg before you truly teleport to the spot.

On 17/6/2020 at 9:05 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

did you have full HP when you started teleporting? 

Full HP. I just arrived there to take quests and clear both camps but when I saw him approaching, I tried to teleport but got killed like that. It's ok if I can still be killed while teleporting, sh1t happens, but my real question is how did he do it? he dealt a total of 35k damage and I had 75k life + AT shield buff.

On 24/6/2020 at 3:24 PM, Mekanyan-DN said:

Full HP. I just arrived there to take quests and clear both camps but when I saw him approaching, I tried to teleport but got killed like that. It's ok if I can still be killed while teleporting, sh1t happens, but my real question is how did he do it? he dealt a total of 35k damage and I had 75k life + AT shield buff.

you should have expanded the chat for us to see the full log, also i doubt the chat log failed to register some skills. Without the full info, the only explanation i can think off, it's that he legit did 75k dmg on you and you are not showing us everything, sry if isn't the anwswer you were looking for lol xD 

7 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

you should have expanded the chat for us to see the full log, also i doubt the chat log failed to register some skills. Without the full info, the only explanation i can think off, it's that he legit did 75k dmg on you and you are not showing us everything, sry if isn't the anwswer you were looking for lol xD 

I can no longer access the log as this happened days ago, but I remember correctly and checked the full log. The sum of each damage was recorded in my cellphone's calculator log:

Total = 35,605

There were other damage sources (from passive skills I guess? the light purple / pink text) but I also blocked some damage with my shield and passive skills. In the end, he dealt around 39k damage... still far away from 75k don't you think?

3 hours ago, Mekanyan-DN said:

There were other damage sources (from passive skills I guess? the light purple / pink text) but I also blocked some damage with my shield and passive skills. In the end, he dealt around 39k damage... still far away from 75k don't you think?

We do not have the full dps log or the chat, you did die and most likely there must have been more dmg that you didn't see. If this was an issue or a bug more people would talk about this. If it didn't happen to you again then I guess you missed some dmg in the chat log.

...we are beating a dead horse still talking about this.

Do you really think I'm here just to make you lose your time? I checked the full log, sorry not to take screens of the entire log but I was so mad at what happened in that moment that I just took those screenshots and quit the game to post this. I'm not lying, the log recorded the damage amounts I posted, nothing else. It was a matter of seconds, he killed me so quickly (a chanter... support class) through 6 attacks, that it seemed just impossible to me.

All I want is an explaination on how it was possible to kill a player with 75k life through 39k damage.

16 minutes ago, Mekanyan-DN said:

Do you really think I'm here just to make you lose your time? I checked the full log, sorry not to take screens of the entire log but I was so mad at what happened in that moment that I just took those screenshots and quit the game to post this. I'm not lying, the log recorded the damage amounts I posted, nothing else. It was a matter of seconds, he killed me so quickly (a chanter... support class) through 6 attacks, that it seemed just impossible to me.

All I want is an explaination on how it was possible to kill a player with 75k life through 39k damage.

That damage log is from a Spirit Master, not a Chanter.

You can be killed while teleporting this isn't odd or anything to be suspicious of.

Like it has been said already without the full damage log your word is all we can go on, and sorry to say, considering you can't tell the difference between a Chanter and an SM it's more then likely you read it wrong.

6 hours ago, Mekanyan-DN said:

That 1 kinah that you spend is the teleport with the administration boon? If yes see how you kept getting dmg even after it because teleport has an animation and you are still getting dmg and obviously dots still follow you in the town, it happened to me too to die after I went to safe zone.

You asked us a question and we still do not know the whole story, a cropped screenshot with 2 skill dmg and that is all and as Violeta said this is not a chanter dmg it is from a spiritmaster.

22 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

That damage log is from a Spirit Master, not a Chanter.

You can be killed while teleporting this isn't odd or anything to be suspicious of.

Like it has been said already without the full damage log your word is all we can go on, and sorry to say, considering you can't tell the difference between a Chanter and an SM it's more then likely you read it wrong.

Ok, that was a mistake, I though he was a chanter because he was at melee range when attacking. I use Shift+F12 most of the time hence I couldn't see him right.

However, it still doesn't explain how he killed me with DoTs in less than 5 seconds, as I remember correctly, DoTs take longer to kill a player, as it's not burst damage. I have ultimate pvp set (not the best, but ultimate in the end) so I can't really understand how it was possible to take me down that fast.

And yes, you have to believe my word otherwise I wouldn't be here losing my time and yours by writting and posting this. I hardly ever participate in the forums (you can tell that by my post count) so I'm here for a reason.

Again, all I want is an explanation. If you are not going to say something helpful sticking to my word then don't reply, please.

6 hours ago, Mekanyan-DN said:

Again, all I want is an explanation. If you are not going to say something helpful sticking to my word then don't reply, please.

So you came here to ask how is it possible to die from 35k dmg when you have 75k HP.

Our reply is -> you can't. I hope this helped.

8 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

So you came here to ask how is it possible to die from 35k dmg when you have 75k HP.

Our reply is -> you can't. I hope this helped.

I can't believe how blind can people be.

Goodbye everyone, thanks for yor "help".

11 hours ago, Mekanyan-DN said:

I can't believe how blind can people be.

Goodbye everyone, thanks for yor "help".

We are blind? You act as if we were there and that this happened in front of our eyes but we didn't "see" what happened (which is exactly what you did). You took 2 screenshots that show 35k dmg and nothing else. You then ask us to explain how you died with 35k dmg shown in the cropped dps images while you were full HP at 75k. You cannot expect us to solve a mystery that you created.

The other "reasonable" explanation is it must have bugged somehow. Bugs are like God, when you do not know how something happens with lack of evidence, you simply call god, like this:

Why do humans die: because God said so!
Why did I die from 35k dmg when I have 75k HP, because it bugged.

~~~
If you learned anything from this post, it is: do not rage quit the client and lose all dps log because you died without understanding why. Resize your chat window so it shows more lines, and take screenshots from before the fight, during the fight and after the fight if you want us to try to figure what happened.

On 28/6/2020 at 3:53 AM, Mekanyan-DN said:

However, it still doesn't explain how he killed me with DoTs in less than 5 seconds, as I remember correctly, DoTs take longer to kill a player, as it's not burst damage. I have ultimate pvp set (not the best, but ultimate in the end) so I can't really understand how it was possible to take me down that fast.

in the screenshots we only see 3 different skills, we don't know if you died with the DoTs or not, that guy Sheitori-DN its just trolling.

Isn't that green buff next to the Verdin stars only for new accounts? wich means you are still ungeared.

Geared Plate classes usually have like 80 to 90k HP without the artifact buff.  To have a few ultimate pieces doesn't mean you are already well equiped, there are many things that affect damage. So no shame on getting destroyed by an older player lol

Also did you know that after clicking OK in the teleport, you can still use instant skills during the teleport animation ? maybe you could have survived using your Resist and Heal skill :D 

So to wrap this up, there isn't any player in the forums capable to solve this mistery, with this really low amount of info.

The only one that could know is a Very Very Bored GM willing enough to check those logs.

• Loki locked this topic

Archived