Magic Resistance is working in this patch?

Hello, I started to play as a Cleric, so I have many doubts about what manastone Should I use? some people told me use Dmg and the rest of people told me use MR. I understand that Clerics need more than 1 set in this moment, I have finished my set with MR full and I don't know what to do 

Magic Resistance is a good way too?

13 hours ago, MagicSeen-DN said:

Hello, I started to play as a Cleric, so I have many doubts about what manastone Should I use? some people told me use Dmg and the rest of people told me use MR. I understand that Clerics need more than 1 set in this moment, I have finished my set with MR full and I don't know what to do 

Magic Resistance is a good way too?

After 7.0 magic resistance and evasion/block/parry have gotten a little bit of boost. So every piece of item (armo/accessories) can give it in optional stats and also the stats for magic resistance for example is always a bigger number than m.acc etc.

Also the manastones for these stats give insane amount of stats that you can really make a big difference if you fully socket one stat.

BUT, if you are going for magic resist for example you have to make sure you have magic resist in optional stats in EVERY item and then selective retune that item to take it close to the max possible and have every single manastone slot for MR and have them the ultimate ones, otherwise it won't be effective, you either go big or go home with this stats. Not only you need this to be higher than the enemy's m.acc but also you need it to be much much higher so the percentage you get is the maximum possible.

5 hours ago, MagicSeen-DN said:

Thank you so much for answered my question, it was helpful so I will try to get the higher stats 

Thanks again :)

Also mind you that m.acc/acc is not always present in every item, some items do not have that as an option (at least this is what I saw) so even if someone puts full m.acc set and someone puts a full m.res set the m.res will still be slightly higher (not as effective but still higher)

BUT, you should also take into consideration that plenty of skills give m.acc and acc so I am not sure if it will be as viable a it was in pre 6.0 eras.

Like I do have an ulti buff as a sorc that gives me 4000 m.acc for 1 minute with 3m cool down (nobody uses that, we use the other one just saying)

@MagicSeen-DN  MR set its pretty good option for a Cleric, it has good synergy with cleric skills, also it will help to get less silenced and interrupted while casting heals

But just like Arhangelos said, you need to max out everything you can for MR to be useful, Cubics, Collections, High retune stats, and Ultimate manastones.

Just a couple of days ago i tested the MR set of a Cleric legionmate, she has 19K MR, and only resisted 1 out of 6 or 7 skills vs my 15k MAcc

another things is that MR is not enough, you will need to have several defensive retunes together, like armor with HP, Magic Def, Physical Def and MR, accesories with HP, Healing boost and MR. Because unlike an Evasion set, MR doesn't negate much damage received its more to avoid getting CC

Exactly when you prioritize MR you make sure the other 3 optional stats are HP in every item to have a bigger survivability over burst dmg received, healing boost since it will make night and day between your heals and then p.def and m.def wherever possible.

19k mr or eva would be the bare bare min. I wouldn't even begin to call that a eva/mr set my mr set is 23.7k and eva set is 25.2k that is when you will see a huge difference against these people who have no accuracy tuned in their gear like are currently running around. Also yes the only reason eva goes that high is im chanter and I have evasion mantra 500 and WoP along with both the mr and eva modor S minion

On 27/6/2020 at 1:01 PM, DevilNest-KT said:

@MagicSeen-DN  MR set its pretty good option for a Cleric, it has good synergy with cleric skills, also it will help to get less silenced and interrupted while casting heals

But just like Arhangelos said, you need to max out everything you can for MR to be useful, Cubics, Collections, High retune stats, and Ultimate manastones.

Just a couple of days ago i tested the MR set of a Cleric legionmate, she has 19K MR, and only resisted 1 out of 6 or 7 skills vs my 15k MAcc

another things is that MR is not enough, you will need to have several defensive retunes together, like armor with HP, Magic Def, Physical Def and MR, accesories with HP, Healing boost and MR. Because unlike an Evasion set, MR doesn't negate much damage received its more to avoid getting CC

I thought to retune armor with HB, MR, P. def and HP because I got my acc of katalam and I cannot retune acc so I think that way is a good option I hope that. you and Arhangelos are right, I going to get all stats of cubis, collections and retunes. i will try to get them. Thanks for both help that was helpful for me. I got all advises that you gave me and explained good  appreciated.

14 hours ago, Ereliya-KT said:

19k mr or eva would be the bare bare min. I wouldn't even begin to call that a eva/mr set my mr set is 23.7k and eva set is 25.2k that is when you will see a huge difference against these people who have no accuracy tuned in their gear like are currently running around. Also yes the only reason eva goes that high is im chanter and I have evasion mantra 500 and WoP along with both the mr and eva modor S minion

Lol that is insane MR and Eva, you are a monster in pvp, I think you kill Melees easy with your Eva set :).  someone told me that I need 23k of MR if I wanted to work petty good. I will take all advises  you gave me. thank you so much Ereliya

13 minutes ago, MagicSeen-DN said:

On 28/6/2020 at 0:46 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

Exactly when you prioritize MR you make sure the other 3 optional stats are HP in every item to have a bigger survivability over burst dmg received, healing boost since it will make night and day between your heals and then p.def and m.def wherever possible.

what about Magic Resitance, Magic Resist, HB and HP or Magic Resitance, HB, P.def and HP? which one is better?

6 hours ago, MagicSeen-DN said:

what about Magic Resitance, Magic Resist, HB and HP or Magic Resitance, HB, P.def and HP? which one is better?

Here is what, we will call magic resistance the MR, and magic defense the opposite of magic attack because it might still exist in confusion at some translations.

I would put MR + HB + m.def + p.def if possible because m.def and p.def are also quite big numbers in the optional stats and that gets into the dps formula of the enemy. Some people will argue that HP is better than p.def or m.def but I personally can't understand how having 80k HP with no defense is better than having (lets say) 65k HP with a ton of defenses. Maybe I am looking at this in the perspective of a sorc which 15k HP is nothing unless I have defense because that can easily be one hit!

P.def and M.def matter because every single hit you get is less dmg than without them. Treat p.def and m.def as damage reduction. when your MR fails, then your p.def and m.def takes over.

It is not like HP optional stats is THAT huge that makes a difference.

Here are some example of how p.def vs HP can be in Dark Talon set in their maximum stat possible.

Helmet: 206 p.def/m.def, 898 HP
Main armor: 206 p.def/m.def, 1317 HP
Leggings: 206 pdef/m.def, 949 HP
Boots: 206 p.def/m.def, 658 HP
Shoulders: 206 p.def/m.def, 658 HP
Gloves: 206 p.def/m.def, 658 HP

Total
p.def/m.def = 1236
HP = 5138

Having +5k HP is nothing, it is like half a hit from many classes, but having +1236 p.def and +1236 m.def is literally like taking 1236 p.attack/m.attack from the enemy!

The accessories do not have p.def or m.def option. So in this case you have MR + HB + HP +something else, that something else could be M.attack so while you are in defensive mode you can still hurt a little more and make sure you enemy will slowly die, or put M.acc so you know nothing will be resisted by your enemy. This might be relevant in 1v1 in arenas.

~~

If you were talking exclusively for 1v1 in arenas then having 1 set with MR +HB +HP + M.def for mystic classes and one set MR + HB + HP + P.def for physical classes would have been a far better scenario. But that is like a pro gamer goal, those who care enough to be in top ranks of arenas.

If you're looking for full def I went in armor HP/Def/Def/Resist of choice. Accessories HP/HB/Resist/Block. Mace is Cast/HP/HB/MP since im lazy and there really isnt another good stat maybe parry but as cleric doesn't matter go Atk/Acc maybe. Shield is HP/HB/Def/Def. All sockets for EVA or MR set are EVA or MR. Literally 0 dmg output but you can get very very tanky. Base HB for me is about 1.7k about depending on minion most times I dont use my viola I use one of my 2 modors resist one or evasion one in these sets

My stat cubics are 100% my collections I'm 70/82 missing new and both ulti on this chanter. you can tweak it if you want more of stuff but with this evasion it allows for very little dmg taken I can easily heal out and even if im in MR set and taking physical by a sin or something thats on me I have 15k pdef in this set along with my pvp def so I still dont take much dmg it also allows me to reach with blessing of stone 100k HP with mace and shield and food. My MR set im sad to say if its a very geared sorc or sw I dont resist as much

Archived