Event Vault advice

EtherealBlade-DN

Hello everyone. 

Me and my friends have been running the event vault to get our coins.  We are having a hard time getting an S rank without an additional strike rune on our characters.  Our biggest issue is the 3rd boss in the big room (as we like to call him "the big metal f'er").  We pop the rangers and that takes him down to about half hp, The dps throw out their DP skill which barely seem to dent him.  We try to round up more mobs to dp him down faster but still end up with about 2 minutes left after he dies to kill the big fat lady who spawns right after for us.  We did manage to get the metal guy down fast one time on alts and got a S rank without runes.  Is there something we are missing? Is there a way or trick to killing him faster so he isnt so tanky. 

Thanks!

Have you guys tried the trick with the pre-6.0 weapons for physical classes? I mean this can't be the only way to make s-rank but if it still works it should make this a piece of cake.

One physical character with an old weapon (and highly enchanted if possible) doesn't transform into any power ranger, so he can still use a normal attack (like /attack)targets and his manual weapon damage does a ton of damage to mobs and especially the bosses.

In the previous time we got this people could kill the box in like 3 hits or something (but the tank had to make sure to have his targeted shield available so the non transformed character wouldn't die in one shot from the boss either).

This anniversary I did this event 2 times only and stopped it, as long as Abyssal Splinter exists, everything else seems obsolete.

I've run this event instance three times now with the same group (we are all noobs to the mechanics) and the highest rank we've achieved is B rank. You are absolutely right, killing that mecha boss is a huge pain the ass even with the additional Power Rangers there to back you up. We actually managed to kill that boss the last time we ran it with about 2 mins left on the clock, but it took so long for the Baroness to spawn that we had no chance to take her down in the end. I would sure like to know what we are doing wrong because this really shouldn't be so hard.

1 hour ago, AnjoTemplar-KT said:

You want to use it so that the DP AoE not only hits the boss, but also a stack of mobs. Therefore, you constantly generate DP for maximum dps...

Exactly this. Don't only DP the bosses.

1 hour ago, Voltric-DN said:

but it took so long for the Baroness to spawn that we had no chance to take her down in the end. 

Are you all rounding up all of the mobs and bringing them to the front and killing them all? It sounds like you're taking too long  to kill the rubbish mobs which stack up your points. The bosses spawn after a certain number of points are reached.

We have tried having one player not transformering and found good success with that but still no s rank dude to the easy 1 shot potential.  Curious to try my old master harvester +22 great sword now though.

In terms of pulling we are gathering the whole room at a time.  Upon entering the room my glad takes the left side, myself as the tank goes right and the sorc follows one of us to just add dps. Meeting up at the north side of room to dps till first boss spawns.  After we kill the first boss, we rerun the sides of the room same again splitting one side for my glad and myself and coming together at the boss spawn spot. This second pull is sometimes an issue as some mobs are still respawning and we get a straggler or two.  After grouping again it's some dps till 2nd boss spawns. After he is killed it is normally immediately after the rangers and the metal f'er spawn. We pop rangers as quickly as possible then I begin rounding up mobs so they don't start regaining hp after the rangers weaken them.  Sometimes my glad is tanking the boss at his spawn other times the boss is trying follow me.  

One big issue we've seen is I get to many mobs and the aoe dmg starts to only dmg the mobs and not the boss, causing us to lose more time. 

Temp should always be the one pulling, Glad and sorc follow attacking behind the temp and not use any freeze/root skills.

Glad and sorc should always be ON boss when its up.

When pulling mobs, you only need 70-80% of the room, just enough points for the next boss to come up.

When rangers are up, temp should be moving back and forth getting agro from mobs that spawn near, and be ready to pull mobs thats on the sorc/glad.

I did a couple runs earlier and have more things to add. The reason for glad/sorc following the temp pulling mobs is so that the mobs are killed in "order" The ones first lured if killed early would then spawn again in the rotation the temp is pulling them. I don't think its game breaking in Vault, but other instances like SFT and others does help a lot. 

To save some time, the temp should begin pulling mobs when the boss is around 75%. If done right,(above) most of the mobs should be up by then and only needing to do 70-80% of the room. 

When doing rangers, glad and sorc has their own ccs. The temp should get 99% of the agro but sometimes theres one or 2 stragglers the glad/sroc needs to take care of.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful tips. ? Honestly, sometimes the hardest thing about this instance is that nobody takes the time to talk about the game-plan before entering, they just rush in and expect everyone to know what to do. I've noticed this with regular instances as well. Everyone is in such a hurry they don't even wait for the entire party to enter the instance before they start randomly killing.

36 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

Honestly, sometimes the hardest thing about this instance is that nobody takes the time to talk about the game-plan before entering, they just rush in and expect everyone to know what to do. I've noticed this with regular instances as well. Everyone is in such a hurry they don't even wait for the entire party to enter the instance before they start randomly killing.

I think this can be attributed to a few different things, and I don't necessarily think people are "bad" for doing this. I do it sometimes. We all do.

1. We've had this same event in the past (although it had different NPCs), so some people just assume we've all ran it. It's the same with pve instances. We've had these stupid pve instances for so many patches that we just assume people have run them. Personally, I've run probably a thousand PFs since 6.2.

2. A lot of people only have a certain amount of time to play the game each day, so waiting on people, even if just for a few minutes, can seem annoying. This one doesn't really apply to me too much, but it does a lot of people.

3. Unfortunately, the game has been slowly progressing into a daily to-do list. Gotta do Luna, gotta do Abyssal, gotta finish daily Lugbug. Sadly, it's put us all in a hurry.

None of these are excuses, but rather explanations. The assumptions might sometimes be in error, but often people DO know. It's a bit unfair to the handful who don't though, I will agree. I think we can all take a few extra moments before "rarer" instances to make sure people are on the same page, me included.

Archived