this must be dumbest decision by nc so far

Guest just another player

this must be dumbest decision Ncsoft has made so far in their entire company's existence.

15/20$ sub for 10 year old game's basically alpha version
where your only pve content was to grind to lvl 50 in basicly 2 zones(heiron/theo/beluslan/brusthonin) for months on end not even quest grinding you are gonna be straight up killin mobs with slow ass attack speed for months and doing 2 of the most boring instances that were created during the games lifespan theo lab and adma
where only pvp content is abyss glitchy flight pvp siege and rift city camping,
making people pay 15/20$ sub for a game thats has not even 1/100th of content  that even wow classic has, and to not only do that but to also have ingame bcm shop + Quna shop, and a battlepass? what are you smokin NC.
oh and to line up the launch to compete with launches such as : new world, ashes of creation alpha, ESO new expansion, wow classic burning crusade, phantasy star online 2 new genesis, bdo Atoraxxion, guild wars 2 expansion , Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker and many other big mmo updates and releases. and think its gonna work when you don't even DO basic marketing. to launch a classic version of such a niche game that barely has any interest in this season, and with basically no advertisement, and to also demand that much for sub? and to have not only that but also bcm and quna shop ingame too? is the person making these decision absolutely high on crack? the games 1.x version isn't even worth 5$ sub let alone 15/20.
your only chance to not make this instant dead game is to make it free but with cosmetic microtransactions that would be only way you could attract any kind of population to this long forgotten game. worst part is this will further cannibalize players from retail, instead of fixing retail you do this kind of stupid move, its just straight up dissapointing.
nostalgia sells for sure it might have few hundred players at launch but it is pretty much aiming for straight death just like other failed mmos of past who couldnt read the mmo landscape of the time. 
thats my conclusion feel free to prove me wrong  @Kibbelz or whoevers runnin this shit

Guest ClassicBound1

This ridiculous thread shouldn't warrant a response, however, I'll point out a few things.

1. Retail NA has a very small population right now. We don't get numbers but it is small, unfortunately.

2. KR Classic has been in the top 5 or even top 3 in terms of player numbers in Korea and is making NCSoft a lot of money. In every way possible, Classic is very successful and is actually reviving hype in Aion once again.

People will troll just to troll but this is getting ridiculous. If you don't like the idea, don't play. By releasing Classic, there will be a large number of players that give Aion another shot.

Also,  in regard to paying $15 for a 10+ year old game, just look at WoW Classic.. The game is 17 years old at this point and people still pay sub fees there in huge numbers! If done right, Classic Aion can be a success.

7 minutes ago, Guest ClassicBound1 said:

This ridiculous thread shouldn't warrant a response, however, I'll point out a few things.

1. Retail NA has a very small population right now. We don't get numbers but it is small, unfortunately.

2. KR Classic has been in the top 5 or even top 3 in terms of player numbers in Korea and is making NCSoft a lot of money. In every way possible, Classic is very successful and is actually reviving hype in Aion once again.

People will troll just to troll but this is getting ridiculous. If you don't like the idea, don't play. By releasing Classic, there will be a large number of players that give Aion another shot.

Also,  in regard to paying $15 for a 10+ year old game, just look at WoW Classic.. The game is 17 years old at this point and people still pay sub fees there in huge numbers! If done right, Classic Aion can be a success.

you are comparing korea where even normal aion was top mmo to west where aion was considered mostly dead mmo since 2015. and when you say look at wow classic yes i look at it, it has 100 times more content and is classic version of a game with millions of subs to their retail not a game that has 50 players online per faction at a time when its not siege time. classic can be success but not the way its done in korea. im not games hater i love this game i got  prob more than 30k hours poured into this game and wouldnt mind replaying the classic version but theres difference between being high on copium/hopium and loook at it realistically. 

Guest Supvolcom

OP's post is all types of wrong.

The community has asked for NA to release Aion Classic for YEARS. Retail has gone downhill since 5.0 with such ridiculous P2W that any fan of Aion should be overwhelmed with joy that they're releasing a Sub based classic version. I'm assuming people like OP are those who indulge in the P2W life.

Id also like to point out the price of nostalgia. To relive moments from the golden age of someone's favorite game is a very valuable thing. Combine with your money going towards the prevention of P2W (free games need p2w items to make money. sub games do not) makes it very worth it.

As for competition - The only competition to this game coming up is Ashes of Creation which doesnt come out for years, and Elyon which is pretty different in terms of gameplay and combat.

Guest Pleb

So people are defending a zero effort cash grab, that other (newer) games atleast are polishing up with remastered versions to justify the price tag, and you wonder why you keep getting sheered and nothing changes? Attention deficit is a real thing, no matter how many times you get screwed, you will jump right back in as soon some new shiny thing gets dangled in front of you. Down vote away.

They are actually pretty smart pricing it 15$ because if they put it at 5$ the only difference would be that they would have like +2~3% more players that were not willing to pay the 15$. But they never cared for those that cannot afford 15$ per month. In retail there are like 50 players that keep the servers alive by spending thousands per month.

This is NCWest aka USA aka minimum wages are far bigger than most players that play in the servers. There are people from latin America or poor European countries that 15$ might be their daily salary, in USA many people make that per hour and they do not owe us a discount. In EU for example gold pack is just 5 euros (or about 5,5$) but because it is essential to play. In RU the prices are far different due to their economy.

If you cannot spend 15$ to play a game then you might as well skip this to begin with. I am not white knighting the company by any means, but the price to pay per month is not a big thing and I am from a rather 3rd world EU country myself.

And lastly the community has pretty much asked for all they implemented, a classic with subscription model and less p2w oriented game.

Just now, Guest Pleb said:

So people are defending a zero effort cash grab, that other (newer) games atleast are polishing up with remastered versions to justify the price tag, and you wonder why you keep getting sheered and nothing changes? Attention deficit is a real thing, no matter how many times you get screwed, you will jump right back in as soon some new shiny thing gets dangled in front of you. Down vote away.

A zero effort that has been requested for at least since 6.0+ came and people started quitting in mass. This is what people who loved old Aion has been requesting and this is what they give. This is not a new game, it is Aion all over from scratch minus the known bugs of that time that were fixed.

Just ignore the post and replies.  Many of these troll posts are from existing retail people who prob spent a shit ton and are worried retail gonna die.  If you wanna play then play for free you get 1 hr a day of earning kinah for the sub (classic prestige pack you get unlimited access.  Pretty basic model in my opinion

I was actually hoping for a subscription model. It's successful in Korea, can't say the same might happen here but... a sub does provide steady income for the developers. Of course, that will fall apart if NCWest becomes too greedy with the cash shop. Gotta wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Tyd said:

Just ignore the post and replies.  Many of these troll posts are from existing retail people who prob spent a shit ton and are worried retail gonna die.  If you wanna play then play for free you get 1 hr a day of earning kinah for the sub (classic prestige pack you get unlimited access.  Pretty basic model in my opinion

Whatever they are, if someone doesn't like the old Aion then they should stick to the new. I know I won't quit the retail and might probably try the old even though I no longer am I dedicated player. For all I care, if we are given options then we shouldn't complain. You can play Old aion, new Aion or both.

Aion is not mandatory.

2 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I was actually hoping for a subscription model. It's successful in Korea, can't say the same might happen here but... a sub does provide steady income for the developers. Of course, that will fall apart if NCWest becomes too greedy with the cash shop. Gotta wait and see.

Exactly and subscription based not only makes the game possible to be less p2w but at the same time prevents people from having 500 accounts for botting, unless they are willing to pay for subscription for 500 accounts too and most importantly the income to the company will ensure more attentive GMs and Moderators.

Guest Pleb

@Arhangelos-KT Doesn't change the fact its this company running it, people asked for Lineage classic, how is that going? Tera classic? The problem is that the model has changed, its no longer subscription bases, and its everything we can get away with model, so it starts with subscription and how long do you figure before getting a hefty cash shop too, i guarantee you it wont take as long as original did. Did "we" also asked for that too, because there were a lot of things we didnt ask for but we got?

11 minutes ago, Guest Pleb said:

@Arhangelos-KT Doesn't change the fact its this company running it, people asked for Lineage classic, how is that going? Tera classic? The problem is that the model has changed, its no longer subscription bases, and its everything we can get away with model, so it starts with subscription and how long do you figure before getting a hefty cash shop too, i guarantee you it wont take as long as original did. Did "we" also asked for that too, because there were a lot of things we didnt ask for but we got?

I do not disagree on how bad they can potentially turn it. In paper this thing looks exactly like what people asked for. 15$ per month for subscription like the old times is pretty normal and if enough players end up playing it, will be the security of the game. And this is what the op has the problem with, "an old game with 15/20$ subscription".

The sure death of Aion classic will be if they import exclusive & op p2w, meaning that they will be selling very strong items that are almost impossible to get ingame so the divide between paying and just subscription players will be huge. This is exactly that happens in retail between f2p and p2w pretty much since 7.x came out with all the exclusive items and special weapons etc.

its funny seeing this replies attack me instead of giving solid coutner arguments, first of all id like to point out i have never spent single cent on this game and i was hardcore grinder of this game, tho i have quit around 1 year ago and only log in for events nowdays even that rarely.

20 minutes ago, Guest Supvolcom said:

OP's post is all types of wrong.

The community has asked for NA to release Aion Classic for YEARS. Retail has gone downhill since 5.0 with such ridiculous P2W that any fan of Aion should be overwhelmed with joy that they're releasing a Sub based classic version. I'm assuming people like OP are those who indulge in the P2W life.

Id also like to point out the price of nostalgia. To relive moments from the golden age of someone's favorite game is a very valuable thing. Combine with your money going towards the prevention of P2W (free games need p2w items to make money. sub games do not) makes it very worth it.

As for competition - The only competition to this game coming up is Ashes of Creation which doesnt come out for years, and Elyon which is pretty different in terms of gameplay and combat.

first lets start with this one, as i said in previous reply i know how much this game is p2w some of people i know spend 10k$ easily on single event , and i know its a prevention of p2w but they are making a sub for a gme that severly lacks content , if it was 2.x or 3.x this kind of sub would be mostly welcomed, not for 1.x a buggy mess of a game with close to 0 content, as for compettition part you must not be that informed about mmo genre news and updates, alot of stuff is releasing that has 100 times population of aion that will further drive away people that might have tried the game if it were released in more calm climate, again im not against aion classic i want it myself aswell just not this way. this is blatant cashgrab.

21 minutes ago, Tyd said:

which part of it was troll? im just another player like you that wants to play something that will not die in 2months. also never payed a dime in this game so ur acuisations kinda meh i even remember you from back in the day but man you need to get off the copium and look at it realistically and demand changes aswell so the game that you are looking forward to playing doesnt die in a flash.

Guest Pleb

@Arhangelos-KT Also theres another "small" issue, hacking, if they didn't do anything about it when they actually had the staff and budget do you really thing that this time will be any different with the skeleton crew in maintenance mode? Because its not a question of money, Classic can make millions a month, it doesnt mean that they will actually invest the money to support it. 4.0 and 5.0 times were the record revenue years and yet the quality of service and support was going the other way strangely or not.

6 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I do not disagree on how bad they can potentially turn it. In paper this thing looks exactly like what people asked for. 15$ per month for subscription like the old times is pretty normal and if enough players end up playing it, will be the security of the game. And this is what the op has the problem with, "an old game with 15/20$ subscription".

The sure death of Aion classic will be if they import exclusive & op p2w, meaning that they will be selling very strong items that are almost impossible to get ingame so the divide between paying and just subscription players will be huge. This is exactly that happens in retail between f2p and p2w pretty much since 7.x came out with all the exclusive items and special weapons etc.

its not about 15$ sub, if the game was as popular in west as it is in asia this would be acceptable but you are looking at very small playerbase, with ncsoft doing 0 marketing, and the game has bcm and quna shop in it aswell, possibly will also have another battlepass too. you can choose a method to make money but nc is choosing to milk every dime it can from its players then let it die 

7 minutes ago, Guest just another player said:

its not about 15$ sub, if the game was as popular in west as it is in asia this would be acceptable but you are looking at very small playerbase, with ncsoft doing 0 marketing, and the game has bcm and quna shop in it aswell, possibly will also have another battlepass too. you can choose a method to make money but nc is choosing to milk every dime it can from its players then let it die 

If they gave out this info then I pass, I can't comment until I see it. If you base this exclusively on what Korea got then we might get something different. I only read their official information and this is the only thing I can comment now, but if they did give that info then I missed it.

Guest Kylee

I ordered the 90 day pass figure that's enough time to see if I will stay or not.

I was in the original beta and played until they blew up the world  :(

Very much looking forward to Classic.    It's a little over $16 a month and I spend more then that on coffee.

So hoping to not be disappointed.  

35 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

If they gave out this info then I pass, I can't comment until I see it. If you base this exclusively on what Korea got then we might get something different. I only read their official information and this is the only thing I can comment now, but if they did give that info then I missed it.

in the FAQ  of foudner pack "customer support" tab you can see it being mentioned

"Can I use Black Cloud Coin, NCoin, or Quna to pay for Siel’s Aura?

You cannot use Black Cloud Coin, NCoin, or Quna to buy Siel’s Aura."
 as quna and bcm and nccoin are mentioned seperatly you can expect it to follow same as korea with battlepass prob included aswell. 

usually games with big playerbases or giant interests can get away with having 1 or 2 ways to monetize game weather it be sub+cosmetic shop, or buy to play+expansion costs and ingame shops, or buy to play and only cosmetic shops etc etc. usually companys choose 1-2 or 3 ways nc wants every way of milking i mean monetizing. real players that played back in day know what the game was back then. why do you think most private servers that have popped up over the years with any amount of population do 2.x 3.x or 4.x but very rarely 1.x or even if they do 1.x they usually do 1.9(thats mostly recent cuz of korea hype). its cause theres almost no content for that patch. go back and watch gameplays of 1.x its slow clunky and instances are boring and thats coming from guy that spend 12hours a day in canyon of illuma in 5.1 killing elites all day in same spot moving barely 20 meters ingame lol. ppl that can take that patch's stale gameplay are rare.

again im type of player that wants to dedicate 10k + hours to new mmo but if this is launchin as is , only thing i see is cashgrab just like retail events lol.

Im ok with the dude !
Its a crime 
It make no sence 
I dont see why they make a nyerk choice like that 
I wish ncsoft will think before take a price for our own fun 
They should ask $50 a month.
That what i think personally!
But yo got keep the price in the range of those bots...

Guest DERPFACE
1 hour ago, Guest just another player said:

15/20$ sub for 10 year old game's basically alpha version

i do agree, it should have at least the graphics it has in whatever version number it is right now.

where your only pve content was to grind to lvl 50 in basicly 2 zones(heiron/theo/beluslan/brusthonin) for months on end not even quest grinding you are gonna be straight up killin mobs with slow ass attack speed for months and doing 2 of the most boring instances that were created during the games lifespan theo lab and adma where only pvp content is abyss glitchy flight pvp siege and rift city camping,

The attack/casting speeds were a pain, ngl it reminds me of FF14 attack and cast speeds.... can make dinner eat it come back and the skill hasn't gone off. The instances were fun however.

making people pay 15/20$ sub for a game thats has not even 1/100th of content  that even wow classic has, and to not only do that but to also have ingame bcm shop + Quna shop, and a battlepass? what are you smokin NC.

It was literally in its baby form back then, that was the max it had. The bcm/ bp  is hysterical, but they need to make money. Apex, Gw2, have the same thing implemented. But I do agree, I feel as if they will milk everyone and their mom with this current setup.

oh and to line up the launch to compete with launches such as : new world, ashes of creation alpha, ESO new expansion, wow classic burning crusade, phantasy star online 2 new genesis, bdo Atoraxxion, guild wars 2 expansion , Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker and many other big mmo updates and releases. and think its gonna work when you don't even DO basic marketing. to launch a classic version of such a niche game that barely has any interest in this season, and with basically no advertisement, and to also demand that much for sub? and to have not only that but also bcm and quna shop ingame too? is the person making these decision absolutely high on crack? the games 1.x version isn't even worth 5$ sub let alone 15/20.

It's their prerogative in the end to advertise, not yours.

your only chance to not make this instant dead game is to make it free but with cosmetic microtransactions that would be only way you could attract any kind of population to this long forgotten game. worst part is this will further cannibalize players from retail, instead of fixing retail you do this kind of stupid move, its just straight up disappointing.
nostalgia sells for sure it might have few hundred players at launch but it is pretty much aiming for straight death just like other failed mmos of past who couldnt read the mmo landscape of the time. 

Of course, NC will sell cosmetic skins for 20$ a pop. Lets all not forget its a one time use thing too.  Classic is for veterans/ old players. You don't have to play if you don't like it. Simply move on.

Archived