Best Duo for Classic?

Guest RiskReward

Guest Motgars Lover
1 hour ago, Gallium-DN said:

I'm very interested in this topic, so please keep it active 🙂 I'm considering playing Classic casually with my sister, so finding a good duo is something we are searching for.

1 hour ago, Gallium-DN said:

I'm very interested in this topic, so please keep it active 🙂 I'm considering playing Classic casually with my sister, so finding a good duo is something we are searching for.

sweet home Alabama

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Guest Little Johnny said:

1. Magic resist SM + Sin
2. Temp + Sorc

It's funny you should say that because we were considering Assassin/Spiritmaster. Wasn't sure if this would make a good pair or not. What made you suggest this duo?

Guest Interested in why?
10 hours ago, Guest Little Johnny said:

1. Magic resist SM + Sin
2. Temp + Sorc

Why Mress SM?

On 6/9/2021 at 5:18 PM, Guest RiskReward said:

Hey all,

Looking to play Aion Classic when it launches with my Girlfriend, who is a long-time League of Legends player. Wondering what some good duos are for Aion? Is it not a very duo-based game? (I am completely new to Aion franchise)

She likes "cute" girl characters, I generally like high-risk, high-reward with a high-skill ceiling, but I want to make sure she and I can play together. I watched Society of Gaming's video, and Chanter, Spiritmaster, and Assassin sounded interesting. Maybe the Priest too, b/c I enjoy healing, but am not sure how Priest combo's with more squishy characters she's likely to want to play.

Thanks ahead of time!

Ok the way I see it you have really only 2 choices if you both want to enjoy the game and both of you take part as a loving couple as well equally contribute to a fight. (These are only my opinions)

Roll either Glad and a Chanter or y'all can go with a Glad and Cleric

Also Girls make the best looking Glads and Temps hands down. I'm just sayin. 

Glads wear Plate Metal Armor, Chanters and Clerics both wear Chain Mail.

Glad and Chanter are both melee based attacks. Glads are your DPS/Tank more DPS than Tank but can Tank in a pinch. Glads are also great with a group of Mobs and can take the damage but its this damage a Glad is getting is the reason they needs one of the healing classes.  Glads are able to use sword & shield, duel swords, a great sword and a pole arm. Just FYI there are a few AOEs you can not use when wielding duel swords, but honestly if you are playing a duo you want miss the two AOEs. Duel Swords offer a lot more attack speed. (tip*do the math b4 you dismiss the duel swords)

What a Chanter and a Cleric brings to the fight and groups.

One thing to remember when playing either Healing Class and that is Heal Agro

Glads and Temps both have taunts either for an individual target as well as a taunt for a group of mobs that can offset the heal agro. 

Chanters are great in groups as well as a solo player.

Chanters can play either as a Healer Class or DPS it all depends on the armor they choose. Honestly you don't have to worry about that until you really get into the Abyss, because the Abyss is where the real fun happens and a Chanter is really called on to play as the support healer.  Don't get me wrong you will be in some really tough Boss fights with a group and asked to play support, but lets face it beating the holly hell out of another player brings even a bigger smile to your face. Chanters are total Bad Asses in PVP and if anyone says other wise didn't play on the Siel Server. Just sayin if there wasn't a glitch with the Abyss Points (AP) we would've had a Chanter as the Governor. LoL sry got off track..  

Chanters are generally the 2nd most requested to join groups, because of the buffs a Chanter has. Chanters get buffs for shielding, HP regen, MP regen, increased attk speed/casting speed and also the Chanter's buffs can increase your HP,MP as well as increase your physical and magical defense. Chanters also provide back heals to Clerics, because the  rule was always keep your Cleric alive and your group will survive.  As a fighter they are close combat fighters fighting right next to the DPS and Tanks and some times that isn't great if they are playing as the healer.  The Chanter's weapons are Staff (most commonly used in solo and duo) Mace & Shield (normally used during support roles.) 

The Cleric is the better of the two healers (for the record the Cleric is the Class I play so I may be a bit biased) when playing in the healer role. Like the Chanter the Cleric can play either DPS or Healer depending on the gear you are wearing. Also a total bad ass in a pvp fight. 

Clerics are the most sought out Class asked for in a group, because of our outstanding healing abilities. Clerics have 3 reresection skills (one of those being a group res that brings your group to where you are standing) an ungodly number of single heals and I think 3 maybe 4 group heals. 

A Clerics Weapons are Staff, Mace and Shield. Now the choice of weapon, hmm.. Here is where there have been many debates, I personally have always just stuck with my Mace and Shield, because honestly I never seen that big of a difference and the Mace and Shields I always carried were seriously sweet as hell to look at and a lot better looking than carrying a stick on my back. 

Clerics are mostly ranged attackers, with most of our attacks being ranged with only one or two melee attacks also we are able to call up on two different servants at the same time (the 2nd one only when you hit 45 or 50) to aid in the attack. Just FYI we are also able to call up on a group healing servant.  

Oh Yeah One more thing to keep in mind.. Clerics are some of the most important people in an Abyss fight but also the most targeted so keep yourself hidden lol. 

Now I know I only mentioned the Glad but you can also roll with a Templar. Temps are basically Glads, but with less killing power. What a Temp lacks in that killing power they make up for in Stamina. It is one of the funniest and longest duels to watch when you see two Temps going at it. 

Ok now if ya want to make duo of slaughter for pvp make an Assassin (Sin) and  a Ranger. Enough said, your prey is dead in 3 hits between the two of you. Both Rangers and Sins have stealth/hide Ranger gets hide 1 and the Sin gets hide 2 so they can get up close and deadly. These two classes stun the hell out of their prey OMG I've hated them till I learned to play them both and found out how much fun they are lol. Rangers are great for PVE and PVP, but Sins personally hated leveling mine up in PVE but for PVP deadly. 

Ok sry for writing a Book but there are also still some old Vids on youtube you can pull up. Hope ya both have a total BLAST on Aion. 

Oh yeah just in case you haven't done this already, there isn't that big of a difference with Glads, Chanters, and Clerics on the live servers now, So y'all can jump on and actually try a few of them out at least you can play around with the Character creation and see how you want your person to look.. skills are slightly different and nor will you lvl up as fast, but all in all you can have a taste.

Also this will give you a good chance to fig out if you want to run around as an Asmo or an Eylos even though the Asmos are thechnically the good guys in this lil shit show I still go with my Eylos, I am going to make a difference from the inside. LoL

12 hours ago, DrFeelz said:

there isn't that big of a difference with Glads, Chanters, and Clerics on the live servers now,

Actually, chanters are main healers in current patch. Clerics are back-up heals/dps as they've had several nerfs to their healing in recent patches, but boosts to their dps. Chanters have a 24/7 AOE, HOT heal that heals an insane amount, can be kept up at all times, and is just generally ridiculous.

You may want an SM for the fear CC because I'm not sure how they're going to make the elites in this server, also will help against ganks. Elites were a pain in the ass and the campaigns for it required a group back in the day. I remember Rangers soloing elites to level up, I'm guessing Rangers will have to go back to buying arrows again though. You definitely want a Cleric for a duo because there's going to be tons of people rolling DPS and needing a healer or tank for dungeons.

6 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Actually, chanters are main healers in current patch. Clerics are back-up heals/dps as they've had several nerfs to their healing in recent patches, but boosts to their dps. Chanters have a 24/7 AOE, HOT heal that heals an insane amount, can be kept up at all times, and is just generally ridiculous.

When I first read your reply I getting ready to defend my beloved Cleric LoL, but you are absolutely 100% correct. So thank you for correcting me, I really do hate giving out false info to new players or even returning players.

6 hours ago, Migojio said:

You may want an SM for the fear CC because I'm not sure how they're going to make the elites in this server, also will help against ganks. Elites were a pain in the ass and the campaigns for it required a group back in the day. I remember Rangers soloing elites to level up, I'm guessing Rangers will have to go back to buying arrows again though. You definitely want a Cleric for a duo because there's going to be tons of people rolling DPS and needing a healer or tank for dungeons.

Spirit Masters (SM) are so much fun to play but you have to practice, practice and then practice some more before using fear in groups. The reason for all this practice is because when you fear a mob two thins happen.

1.) Your target is going to change into a dark form of a Fire Elemental.

2.) Your target will start floating away and 9 times out of 10 right into a larger mob. To stop this from happening you can root the mob if you do not need to attack it right away and that will hold the mob in place for 30 sec. Now the next part is a bit more tricky, but pic yourself standing in a circle now what you have to do is try and place yourself at an angle of the target you are going to fear. Exp: If you are standing lets say in the south west corner of your (imaginary circle) then the feared mob will float in the general direction of the north east part of your (imaginary circle). 

A good Sorc was also good at soloing elites because they were OP but you had to have casting speed in your gloves as well as using a casting speed scroll other wise you could be in trouble. 

Guest Amaterasu

I thought attack speed was the goto for sorc/sm to weave in tome range attack for more godstone procs?

Guest why am I a guest
On 6/13/2021 at 10:08 PM, DrFeelz said:

Oh yeah just in case you haven't done this already, there isn't that big of a difference with Glads, Chanters, and Clerics on the live servers now, So y'all can jump on and actually try a few of them out at least you can play around with the Character creation and see how you want your person to look.. skills are slightly different and nor will you lvl up as fast, but all in all you can have a taste.

Also this will give you a good chance to fig out if you want to run around as an Asmo or an Eylos even though the Asmos are thechnically the good guys in this lil shit show I still go with my Eylos, I am going to make a difference from the inside. LoL

agreed that live gives you a taste of what the classes are like, and it also give you a good idea for your character creation just be aware -  current  skills- which includes stigma-  are not "slightly different" from classic Aion

1 hour ago, Guest why am I a guest said:

agreed that live gives you a taste of what the classes are like, and it also give you a good idea for your character creation just be aware -  current  skills- which includes stigma-  are not "slightly different" from classic Aion

Just remember though in Classic Aion you have to buy all of your skills from the class trainers because they will not be given to you and you will have to get your stigmas from Sanctum for the Eylos and Pandaemonium for Asmos.

Guest Amaterasu
8 hours ago, DrFeelz said:

Just remember though in Classic Aion you have to buy all of your skills from the class trainers because they will not be given to you and you will have to get your stigmas from Sanctum for the Eylos and Pandaemonium for Asmos.

Time to play the elevator drinking game again. 

16 hours ago, DrFeelz said:

When I first read your reply I getting ready to defend my beloved Cleric LoL, but you are absolutely 100% correct. So thank you for correcting me, I really do hate giving out false info to new players or even returning players.

Haha no worries. I'm actually going to roll cleric in Classic despite the fact that I've been maining chanter for the past 5 years because I just don't really like how chanter was way back then lol.

On 6/14/2021 at 11:51 AM, DrFeelz said:

Chanters are total Bad Asses in PVP and if anyone says other wise didn't play on the Siel Server. Just sayin if there wasn't a glitch with the Abyss Points (AP) we would've had a Chanter as the Governor. LoL sry got off track.. 

unknown.png

can confirm for Siel.  :)
my chant  only became decent for PVP once 50 and well geared it took alot of time, they are a class that you can play well with bad latency.

2 hours ago, 1s6F174 said:

unknown.png

can confirm for Siel.  :)
my chant  only became decent for PVP once 50 and well geared it took alot of time, they are a class that you can play well with bad latency.

The Chanter I was speaking about wasn't me, I was the Cleric that figured out how to heal the Transforms back to full health. The Chanter I was speaking about who could have been our Governor was Kalla as it was she was always staying in the Top 5 and right before she left the game she was the holding the Number 3 spot. She was the one they kept us all on track and called for all the Eylos to get Alliances set up and defend the forts. So between Kalla and Shizuma (Glad Alliance Leader) our forts were always very well defended.  DAMN THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLE DAYS.. Can I get an Amen up in here? (Amen actually means Thank You so I wasn't saying it to be  as a religious nut lol)

Yes lots and lots of time and even more Kinah was taken to get the PVP gear to the best kick ass status. 

5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Haha no worries. I'm actually going to roll cleric in Classic despite the fact that I've been maining chanter for the past 5 years because I just don't really like how chanter was way back then lol.

😍 Just love me some Cleric. The first toon I ever made was the Sorcerer (Sorc), but he didn't make me happy and also no one ever wanted a Sorc in their groups at that time. Because most of the time the person playing the Sorc was not waiting for the Tank to taunt the mob and keep the agro on the Tank. So I made a Cleric and that was the best choice I could have made (to play a healer) since a friend I was questing with was a Chanter.  Let's just say she and I didn't die very often.. LoL

Sorry I kinda strayed when I was speaking about Sorcs. Shall we call it a handy Tip for anyone wanting to play a Sorc.. LoL

4 minutes ago, DrFeelz said:

😍 Just love me some Cleric. The first toon I ever made was the Sorcerer (Sorc), but he didn't make me happy and also no one ever wanted a Sorc in their groups at that time. Because most of the time the person playing the Sorc was not waiting for the Tank to taunt the mob and keep the agro on the Tank. So I made a Cleric and that was the best choice I could have made since a friend I was questing with was a Chanter.  Let's just say she and I didn't die very often.. LoL

Sorry I kinda strayed when I was speaking about Sorcs. Shall we call it a handy Tip for anyone wanting to play a Sorc.. LoL

Mained Temp from beta until I quit in 4.x, came back around 8.x I think and mained Sorc for a few months. Sorc kinda sucks, Ranger pretty much does the same thing but better imo. I feel like Sorc is only necessary if your tank sucks and doesn't know how to not over aggro

10 minutes ago, Migojio said:

Mained Temp from beta until I quit in 4.x, came back around 8.x I think and mained Sorc for a few months. Sorc kinda sucks, Ranger pretty much does the same thing but better imo. I feel like Sorc is only necessary if your tank sucks and doesn't know how to not over aggro

Ya know a Spirit Master (SM) can Tank if you are ever in a real bind, but the SM will need to know how to play as the Tank and also you will need some really good DPS players to kill the mob quickly. Cleric and SM were my two favorites to run with.  My SM and Cleric looked like a couple of bad ass Mo FOs in their Corrupt Judge Gear. Honestly I can't wait to get that gear again well truth to tell I actually still have it on the Live server LoL..

Guest read your skills
22 hours ago, Guest Amaterasu said:

I thought attack speed was the goto for sorc/sm to weave in tome range attack for more godstone procs?

attack speed affects animation. a sorc- or an sm for that matter- would want a combine (cast/attack speed) due to the benefits on the animation speed, plus at a certain point cast speed gets capped due to gloves, scrolls, weapon 

By the way - sorcs or SMs never , ever will get as many procs on their godstones as some classes -  just look at sins and their proc rate for example - enjoy!

Guest Sorcs Rule
6 hours ago, Migojio said:

No you haven't needed a templar except for specific content for a long time and that isn't specifc to sorcs, do you mean CC management?  If so, that hasn't been necessary for a long time but that will likely be more important with Classic, especially since (1) have fun in FT with  new SMs and  (2) more than 2 SMs in a group was really not good, more than 1 sorc was really good for DPS- don't  forget - no magic suppression, mobs melted.

Aion isn't even in version in 8.x here by the way

Archived