Best Duo for Classic?

Guest RiskReward

Guest RiskReward

Hey all,

Looking to play Aion Classic when it launches with my Girlfriend, who is a long-time League of Legends player. Wondering what some good duos are for Aion? Is it not a very duo-based game? (I am completely new to Aion franchise)

She likes "cute" girl characters, I generally like high-risk, high-reward with a high-skill ceiling, but I want to make sure she and I can play together. I watched Society of Gaming's video, and Chanter, Spiritmaster, and Assassin sounded interesting. Maybe the Priest too, b/c I enjoy healing, but am not sure how Priest combo's with more squishy characters she's likely to want to play.

Thanks ahead of time!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Guest RiskReward said:

Hey all,

Looking to play Aion Classic when it launches with my Girlfriend, who is a long-time League of Legends player. Wondering what some good duos are for Aion? Is it not a very duo-based game? (I am completely new to Aion franchise)

She likes "cute" girl characters, I generally like high-risk, high-reward with a high-skill ceiling, but I want to make sure she and I can play together. I watched Society of Gaming's video, and Chanter, Spiritmaster, and Assassin sounded interesting. Maybe the Priest too, b/c I enjoy healing, but am not sure how Priest combo's with more squishy characters she's likely to want to play.

Thanks ahead of time!

If you both want to play in duo, then I would recommend you two classes: Cleric and spirit master.

With those two I believe both can enjoy all the features of the game.

3 hours ago, Guest RiskReward said:

I watched Society of Gaming's video

You are better off not watching him.

I generally like high-risk, high-reward with a high-skill ceiling, but I want to make sure she and I can play together. Chanter, Spiritmaster, and Assassin sounded interesting. Maybe the Priest too, b/c I enjoy healing, but am not sure how Priest combo's with more squishy characters she's likely to want to play.

Thanks ahead of time!

Sorcerer and Cleric are "high-risk". Cleric, or Spiritmaster are "high-reward". Nothing is "high-skill ceiling" really; Cleric, Gladiator, and Templar are weaker compared to other classes in this patch. Tbh, your description of what you want isn't sufficient for me to make suggestions.

Wondering what some good duos are for Aion? Is it not a very duo-based game?

I would say a good duo depends on the players, not the classes really.

A healer and a SM is a long term bet, I know they do not have good pet stigmas in the very first patches (I could be wrong) but they will eventually get those. In the old times Clerics and SM were those that could solo every instance boss because of how their classes were designed.

Guest Johncena

Well, the assassin is probably with the highest skill ceiling, you can do some sneaky stuff with it, dependant on cds, if you played WoW its similar to rogue. Its not the easiest class, but very fun and satisfying, both in pve and pvp. Cleric is better than chanter in healing, but chanter is good too, because of the buffs that in brings, although heals are not as good as clerics, and they dont have dispell, to remove debuffs, so i would recommend cleric. BUT the steamrolling duo is glad and cleric. Glad is great, but they can be kited, this is why clerics are their best companion. Like in WoW, warrior + priest. No problem making your own group in pve, cause you already have a tank and a healer. Anything can go well if you have pocket cleric tbh, but glads are on another level when they cant be stopped. 

1 minute ago, Guest Johncena said:

Well, the assassin is probably with the highest skill ceiling, you can do some sneaky stuff with it, dependant on cds, if you played WoW its similar to rogue. Its not the easiest class, but very fun and satisfying, both in pve and pvp.

Lol assassin is easy.

Guest Johncena
1 hour ago, Motgar-KT said:

Lol assassin is easy.

All the classes are easy then, mate. Besides chanter, those guys were underpowered. Assassins needed good gear and to put in more work, click more buttons and be a bit smarter than others. Literally all the classes are easy (again  besides chanter), but assassins were the hardest of them all. By saying that they have the highest skill ceiling, i dont mean you need to get a PhD in astrophysics. You just have more room to make big plays due to their kit. You can pick any class and go "oooh but they are easy" and not add anything, no counter argument or anything at all, and feel proud, just like you did now. 

22 minutes ago, Guest Johncena said:

All the classes are easy then, mate. Besides chanter, those guys were underpowered. Assassins needed good gear and to put in more work, click more buttons and be a bit smarter than others. Literally all the classes are easy (again  besides chanter), but assassins were the hardest of them all. By saying that they have the highest skill ceiling, i dont mean you need to get a PhD in astrophysics. You just have more room to make big plays due to their kit. You can pick any class and go "oooh but they are easy" and not add anything, no counter argument or anything at all, and feel proud, just like you did now. 

All classes are easy really, yes. Assassin is extra easy because it's overpowered and forces unoriginality in playstyle. There, happy?

Guest st0n3

Assasin isn't easy cause of game engine being pretty cruel to smallest attack range during movement attacks. Knowing how to deal with "target is too far" isn't easy by any means.

4 minutes ago, Guest st0n3 said:

Assasin isn't easy cause of game engine being pretty cruel to smallest attack range during movement attacks. Knowing how to deal with "target is too far" isn't easy by any means.

There is an easy fix for that actually.

Guest st0n3
9 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

There is an easy fix for that actually.

Wut? there've never been any besides extendable weapons, which are pretty much dead for sin since you need both of them, losing entire pvp bonus unlike 2-handers.

22 hours ago, Guest RiskReward said:

I watched Society of Gaming's video

18 hours ago, Motgar-KT said:

You are better off not watching him.

Society of Gaming has good Aion Videos. There will be 20+ Aion classic videos released over the next few weeks. Watch them all.

Play the two classes you would have fun playing. We can make it work with any combo.

If I were to duo, it would be Chanter/Glad. (*Aside from Ranger/Ranger, of course. 😉) Chanter is heal/support and Glad is tank/dps.

She likes "cute" girl characters

Oh, don't we all....

Any character can be a cute girl. The classes are not gender locked.

I generally like high-risk, high-reward with a high-skill ceiling,

For me, Spirit Master was the most difficult class to figure out because we are playing our char and the attack pet at the same time. You may be able to use the attack pet as your tank, so Spirit Master/Cleric looks good good.

Guest oh whatever
15 hours ago, Guest Johncena said:

Well, the assassin is probably with the highest skill ceiling, you can do some sneaky stuff with it, dependant on cds, if you played WoW its similar to rogue. Its not the easiest class, but very fun and satisfying, both in pve and pvp. Cleric is better than chanter in healing, but chanter is good too, because of the buffs that in brings, although heals are not as good as clerics, and they dont have dispell, to remove debuffs, so i would recommend cleric. BUT the steamrolling duo is glad and cleric. Glad is great, but they can be kited, this is why clerics are their best companion. Like in WoW, warrior + priest. No problem making your own group in pve, cause you already have a tank and a healer. Anything can go well if you have pocket cleric tbh, but glads are on another level when they cant be stopped. 

Not in classic though. Cleric and sorc is still a better combo, chanter was fairly garbage IF you consider PVP

Also, unless things change a great deal- glads were not necessarily such good tanks early on. You're probably thinking  of glads now ( I don't want to assume , but thinking 10 years  back, things were different and it is easy to forget)

Also,  going by high risk high rewards, highest s kill ceiling - that would put sorcs and sins in the highest group,   SMs  could maybe make an argument in PVE for having a certain skill level to get really good DPS, however in PVP  I would say even in classic  they  still had an edge 

Guest Crush

My vote would be for SM and Cleric. You could do a lot of PvE with just them, although it may be a tad slow but they'll have a lot of survivability. For PvP that would be a pretty powerful combo as well. If you guys are planning to group with others often in pugs I'd go Temp and Cleric, then you just need dps which is easy to find.

Guest Amaterasu

Hiyaz,

Gladiator  / Chanter was a fun duo I did back in the days decent survivability and dps. SM and Cleric pretty much means you can farm alot and epic survivability.  Or you can do the fun lonely cleric walking along by themselves unbeknownst to those stalking the cleric there is an assassin laying in wait to ambush the clerics would be attackers. 

8 hours ago, Guest oh whatever said:

Also, unless things change a great deal- glads were not necessarily such good tanks early on. You're probably thinking  of glads now ( I don't want to assume , but thinking 10 years  back, things were different and it is easy to forget)

10 Years ago,  glads were the first to scream "heal" at the cleric, because they AoE aggro everything in the room, glads were a chore for a cleric compared to nowadays where glads have the best AoE self heal in the game.

Most people will be hit hard with how much harder classes were back in the days and how awfully slow their attacks and casts were. Now pretty much everyone solos everything with maxed out c.speed/a.speed and speed. Forget about all the boosts and special skills etc of 6.0+

It depends on the content you want to do, how much you play ( meaning if you want to rush to 50 or take your time) etc
For example:
For duo pvp you can even play Sin+Sin and gank everything that moves or Sin/Ranger
If you want to slowly reach 50 having fun, glad/chanter or sorc/chanter 
Or if you focus on dungeon play it would be a good option Templar/cleric in order to make you life easier on group search.

Imo since you can solo to 50, every duo comp is good, two players is better and more fun than one :) 
Just remember to have fun in the game!

Guest SorcsGetRealDPSkillsAgain
On 6/10/2021 at 7:12 AM, Guest st0n3 said:

This thread is too funny. Anyone going "all classes are easy"  either never played when Aion came out or forgot what it was like.

For example,  all those shard wars  that some people are so looking forwards to?   which classes do you think  liked flight PVP?   that's right - quite a few classes didn't have  all of those QOL additions. Sins probably had an argument for having one of the hardest times in flight.

Guest I miss  Zikel
20 minutes ago, Guest Pves said:

It depends on the content you want to do, how much you play ( meaning if you want to rush to 50 or take your time) etc
For example:
For duo pvp you can even play Sin+Sin and gank everything that moves or Sin/Ranger
If you want to slowly reach 50 having fun, glad/chanter or sorc/chanter 
Or if you focus on dungeon play it would be a good option Templar/cleric in order to make you life easier on group search.

Imo since you can solo to 50, every duo comp is good, two players is better and more fun than one :) 
Just remember to have fun in the game!

Soloing to 50 in thee "original" classic would have been a nightmare, it would have been horribly slow and boring. I  think that the XP grind  will be reduced a bit, but really the original Aion wasn't designed at all for solo play - even though technically speaking there were some  (very few) bosses that could be soloed by a few classes.

Archived