Elitism in Aion

Attestant

Today I would like to address elitism in Aion Live that transformed into pay-to-win in late Aion Live.

When Dark Poeta started being ran is when we started having an elitism problem. People would brag about their accomplishments in Dark Poeta like the instance was hard and keep others out of Dark Poeta even when they were capable by spreading rumors that it was too hard for others. They later established loot rights in other end game instances to further promote the illusion of how hard the instance was. Their wealth from loot rights made into sets distorted their real ability in skill and reinforced the belief they were the best. They started up sock puppet accounts to further promote their agenda. Other people started worshiping them after they pushed their illusion of their work so much that everyone started believing it. These are the types of people that are elitists, they had status and they had wealth in society that wasn't all theirs and kept people from obtaining end game gear as easily as it should have been. Because people continued worshipping them, that was the beginning of the end of Aion Live.

Later on in Aion Live, these elitist people are the same that pushed for pay-to-win in the cash shops. They started slow with asking for flash sales, then events, and it became regular because these people had a following. Because pay-to-win is divergent in nature, the ones who participate in pay-to-win become the only relevant people both in status and in any game activities. Later they started attacking anyone that opposed their beliefs, people who had skill to try and continue to be relevant in game, and labeled them as elitists when it was really pay-to-win players that were. Players that had enough left and players that were weak minded continued to believe pay-to-win players were idols and because the players that opposed left, it reinforced the following's beliefs.

Now here we are with NCsoft trying to gain back those customers lost by marketing to them a solution, a game without pay-to-win. The community has no place for pay-to-win players as the game isn't marketed for them, yet the pay-to-win players feel threatened that they will no longer have anyone to bully around, so they flock to our game to contaminate it with their destructive beliefs. They blame anti-pay-to-win players when really the pay-to-win beliefs aren't sustainable and they are to blame for. Aion Classic is our P2P game, and our anti-pay-to-win beliefs are inclusive for anyone willing to not infringe on others' freedom.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to add that the change of Aion from subscription model to free-to-play model enabled elitists/pay-to-win players and it was a change that was made solely by them. They threatened to quit, but they probably wouldn't have quit and would have continued manipulating the business model. If the elitists/pay-to-win actually did quit, Aion Live probably wouldn't have been pay-to-win today. Aion Live could have survived staying subscription.

Aion Live today is the spitting image of what not to do, never go free-to-play. It didn't survive.

Guest Tsunahmie

Not gonna lie

One of the stupidest post i have read sofar. Including the people hating on classic. 

Keep people from doing instances? Make your pwn darn group, what's the big deal? 

Do you have proof it's these same people asking for P2W or is this just a fantasy of yours that people at the top now want others to be able to pay and be at the top as well? 

The community is not why aion became p2w - its because NC lacked vision and ruined the game out of greed, attracting p2w players and many of them are actually nice guys and not at all what what you're trying to label them as. I hate P2W with a passion but golly gee, can you stop blaming whales? 

I agree with the point that Free to Play is a shite model, it attracts all sorts of people you don't want. But don't for 1 second think that it's the P2Winners that caused the mess aion live is in rn. 

So what if a handful of salty live players come to classic?? Free AP dude and there's blocklist for a reason.  

3 minutes ago, Guest Tsunahmie said:

Not gonna lie

One of the stupidest post i have read sofar. Including the people hating on classic. 

Keep people from doing instances? Make your pwn darn group, what's the big deal? 

Do you have proof it's these same people asking for P2W or is this just a fantasy of yours that people at the top now want others to be able to pay and be at the top as well? 

The community is not why aion became p2w - its because NC lacked vision and ruined the game out of greed, attracting p2w players and many of them are actually nice guys and not at all what what you're trying to label them as. I hate P2W with a passion but golly gee, can you stop blaming whales? 

I agree with the point that Free to Play is a shite model, it attracts all sorts of people you don't want. But don't for 1 second think that it's the P2Winners that caused the mess aion live is in rn. 

So what if a handful of salty live players come to classic?? Free AP dude and there's blocklist for a reason.  

They will destroy Aion Classic like Russia interfered in America's elections. Don't believe me, log-on to Aion Live and see the results. If you say something enough you can make people believe it. Dark Poeta requires some organization, usually people lack that at first. They give up without trying because people say it's too hard in LFG.

Companies don't just do things without direction from their players.

Guest Tsunahmie
7 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

They will destroy Aion Classic like Russia interfered in America's elections. Don't believe me, log-on to Aion Live and see the results. If you say something enough you can make people believe it. Dark Poeta requires some organization, usually people lack that at first. They give up without trying because people say it's too hard in LFG.

Companies don't just do things without direction from their players.

Bare minimum of 75% of Aion Classic players are Aion Vets. Loads of nice guys willing to help new players through DP. If you think we won't be able to clear DP and drag 1 newbie through. Think again. 

Companies do wtf they want mate. Otherwise how come GF hasn't even announced a Classic server? 

Also- The Aion devs did what KR players wanted not NA players. After a while even the KRs went ffs this is to much. People that are giving up before even trying are mist likely hard casuals, RPers and crafters. So nobody competitive at least for pve/pvp

By your definition - eltists are anyone and everyone that wants to compete and can clear DP? 

Apologies for bad typing - it's 4 am in EU and am on my phone 

1 minute ago, Guest Tsunahmie said:

Bare minimum of 75% of Aion Classic players are Aion Vets. Loads of nice guys willing to help new players through DP. If you think we won't be able to clear DP and drag 1 newbie through. Think again. 

Companies do wtf they want mate. Otherwise how come GF hasn't even announced a Classic server? 

Also- The Aion devs did what KR players wanted not NA players. After a while even the KRs went ffs this is to much. People that are giving up before even trying are mist likely hard casuals, RPers and crafters. So nobody competitive at least for pve/pvp

By your definition - eltists are anyone and everyone that wants to compete and can clear DP? 

I wouldn't bother with Motgar. He's been making super crazy elitist/separatist classic posts nonstop for the past two days. He's literally off his rocker.

2 minutes ago, Guest Tsunahmie said:

Do not worry about @Motgar-KT i think the hype for classic has fried their brain atm. They will come around when it launches.

10 minutes ago, Guest Tsunahmie said:

I was talking about the past. It might be different in the future with DP. DP carries didn't happen in the past, unless you were in a clique that supported elitism. Running DP doesn't make you an elite, preventing players from running DP (or making them think they can't) is elitism.

In other news, I can locate players that supported these types of elitist players in this very thread. It's hard to admit when you did something wrong in the past, isn't it? I can sense sock puppets.

I don't even care for classic but i'm happy some people will and most of my friends will enjoy few months they can get out of the game. Your posts are just dog shit. Please do us a favor and stop posting. i'm sure most on live didn't want p2w but as soon as games become small and go f2p then greed is what comes out of it. The developers control all the power to make a good game and steer it in a good direction and you know now where that went.

8 minutes ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

I don't even care for classic but i'm happy some people will and most of my friends will enjoy few months they can get out of the game. Your posts are just dog shit. Please do us a favor and stop posting. i'm sure most on live didn't want p2w but as soon as games become small and go f2p then greed is what comes out of it. The developers control all the power to make a good game and steer it in a good direction and you know now where that went.

Companies don't just do things without a push from somewhere. They don't just simply continue without a push from somewhere in their community. You have to remember there was far more anti-pay-to-win than pay-to-win at the beginning. There was manipulation by the acultive players.

Yea.. that push is from dropping sub money dwindling into f2p greed.

I just looked into your post history and you are the same person that couldn't see that those teasers were classic coming. No wonder your posts are low tier garbage. Company's will do anything to make money even if it's to lay or fire employees to keep more money to themselves. If you want to white knight NC.. are least write that shit at the bottom of each post.

Guest Tsunahmie

I don't for 1 second believe people prevented others from doing DP

At the most there might have been oposing faction camping the  entrance? That's the only thing i can think of that would prevent anyone that wanted to  at the very least try the instance. DP carriers support Elitism? Pretty sure that's the oposite - unless you're selling carry runs xD and even then it's a stretch cause your actually helping someone else get geared. 

I think you should get your definition of elitism sorted out. 

Elitism is E-Peen measuring - being toxic about someone doing lower DPS

Making fun of someone in World chat for not being good at something like maybe duels 

But elitists aren't going to be running around going hurr durr I can do S-Rank in DP and you will never be able to😂😂 they're going to have friendly and healthy banter with their premades over dps, challenging duels, learning machups in 1v1s all over again, practicing jump/slideshotting and going up against most likely other top groups/guilds in OW pvp

Elitists like to keep themselves to themselves. It's kinda like a community within the community. Just like RPers - at least from my experience. 

Guest Amaterasu

Hello,

kinda sorta old vet returning after classic was announced. Mostly super casual I liked farming on my SM alot and although I sucked at pvp and died I made sure to take as many of their atk/cast/run speed scrolls as I could with me to the grave, though that isnt important. Anyways, Aion was my first MMORPG I ever played, after stuff got a little to P2W I dropped it and went on to other MMOS I wont name them all here but I went pretty far and wide.  Want to know whats common across pretty much all of them? Elitism, you get the top tier players that love showing how good at the game they are and love to rub it into other peoples faces about how awesome they are or how rare the item they have or how they are a regular in whatever end game content there is. Every single one of them has that, those who dont want people to join them in their little bubble of superiority where they can all circle jerk themselves off.  You have the korean players who have had the game for several months before it releases in NA that move here when the servers open so they can be the big fish in the little pond and similar situations(not knocking korean players btw, just saying). Its unavoidable, best you can hope for is fiend a group of friends you like playing with and enjoy yourselves. 

Peace out, 

So Happy I get to play this epic game again!

3 minutes ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

Yea.. that push is from dropping sub money dwindling into f2p greed.

I just looked into your post history and you are the same person that couldn't see that those teasers were classic coming. No wonder your posts are low tier garbage. Company's will do anything to make money even if it's to lay or fire employees to keep more money to themselves. If you want to white knight NC.. are least write that shit at the bottom of each post.

I was saying the teasers didn't confirm anything. Learn to read.

As for DP, it was the start and it wasn't obvious until 3.5.

3 hours ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

They confirmed classic, didn't they? Those same teaser are in the INTRO to "Aion Classic" tab.

Go get your eyes checked

He's on my post now acting a fool rather he is a very bad troll or oblivious to what Aion is and was. Maybe he's mad they removed all the p2w features ? He was complaining it would kill what was left of retail. LOL

2 minutes ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

They confirmed classic, didn't they? Those same teaser are in the INTRO to "Aion Classic" tab.

Go get your eyes checked

The teasers didn't confirm anything. The post announcing classic did.

1 minute ago, SubZero-DN said:

He's on my post now acting a fool rather he is a very bad troll or oblivious to what Aion is and was. Maybe he's mad they removed all the p2w features ? He was complaining it would kill what was left of retail. LOL

I'm anti-P2W.

Lots of fake people on the forums atm because of SubZero.

1 minute ago, Motgar-KT said:

The teasers didn't confirm anything. The post announcing classic did.

So the same teasers they used on twitter and on the aion classic tab which are the same are just a lie? That's very interesting.

Please tell us more how those aren't related

2 minutes ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

So the same teasers they used on twitter and on the aion classic tab which are the same are just a lie? That's very interesting.

Please tell us more how those aren't related

Non-secular.

Only a post stating that it is coming out, maybe with a date is a confirmation.

Guest DPisEZ
34 minutes ago, Guest Tsunahmie said:

Sorry,  but perhaps you don't remember but what mad Aion successful for a number of years was  the " hard casuals, RPers and crafters.".

If you think that most "competitive PVPers" crafted their pots and scrolls, for example- you'd be dead wrong- not to mention they didn't craft the manastones that blew up in their gear- or did you forget that when socketing ALL of them were lost before supplements and later versions - and no, bots didn't supply everything.

I realize the discussion was about DP- and btw I find this fear about forming DP WAY exaggerated unless we're talking S rank .

Just now, Guest DPisEZ said:

Sorry,  but perhaps you don't remember but what mad Aion successful for a number of years was  the " hard casuals, RPers and crafters.".

If you think that most "competitive PVPers" crafted their pots and scrolls, for example- you'd be dead wrong- not to mention they didn't craft the manastones that blew up in their gear- or did you forget that when socketing ALL of them were lost before supplements and later versions - and no, bots didn't supply everything.

I realize the discussion was about DP- and btw I find this fear about forming DP WAY exaggerated unless we're talking S rank .

Talking S Rank.

1 minute ago, Motgar-KT said:

Non-secular.

Only a post stating that it is coming out, maybe with a date is a confirmation.

Nice edit and you are now back pedaling. Just admit you are wrong and have a problem. We all can see by your posts that it's no secret.

The teasers promote and show what are COMING.

Archived