IP has been blocked from Australia????

1s165A97

I was enjoy the game before the Classic comes , suddenly this appears

exitlag has been used for the bad network connection cause I'm in West Australia, 18000 km distance from Perth to VA !!!!

This is unbelievable and unacceptable 

YRtI-t8zMjIE7sf2qIoJnjv_bjPqmr6LYoHaZURkM2E6NLhDllPOsO9vMJh028LztWGTny1iwEObJxhc

Guest Rurumo

I hope this guy was banned for some reason other than using exitlag because Classic is drawing in huge numbers of people from Europe, SA, and Australia who will be using ping reducing software.  NCWest needs to fully allow the use of these programs.

3 hours ago, 1s165A97 said:

I was enjoy the game before the Classic comes , suddenly this appears

exitlag has been used for the bad network connection cause I'm in West Australia, 18000 km distance from Perth to VA !!!!

This is unbelievable and unacceptable 

YRtI-t8zMjIE7sf2qIoJnjv_bjPqmr6LYoHaZURkM2E6NLhDllPOsO9vMJh028LztWGTny1iwEObJxhc

Those links are bad, it required a Google sign in which I can't do.

19 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Aren't you closer to the Korean servers.
Why are you complaining about difficulties with servers on the opposite side of the world? 

Korean servers have GeoIP blocking on Aion Classic, with some sort of a smartphone versification.

20 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Try to route it through a different state than Los Angeles. The error appears because of ExitLag.

I don't know. The priority is unlock my account and IP address by customer support

5 hours ago, Guest Rurumo said:

I hope this guy was banned for some reason other than using exitlag because Classic is drawing in huge numbers of people from Europe, SA, and Australia who will be using ping reducing software.  NCWest needs to fully allow the use of these programs.

they should do that

5 hours ago, Guest Rurumo said:

They are under no obligations to make accomodations for players outside of North America, the intended region for the release of this game.

Whether they can, or how easy it would be, is not likely of concern to them.

4 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

They are under no obligations to make accomodations for players outside of North America, the intended region for the release of this game.

We get it dude, you're pissed EU and other regions people are here and asking for some accommodation because literally this is the only Classic releasing in the West and "hurrdurr EUers Gameforge and wait for them to release it". Give me a break, you're so damn entitled it's almost laughable. Stop trying to sound cool because "tHiS iS fOr nOrTh aMerICa OnLY"

We get it, we understand it, but no one needs to listen to you repeat the whole damn thing across the entire forums.

11 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Then why does the Korean dev team call it the "Aion Classic Global Service" in the release announcement?

https://www.aiononline.com/news/aion-classic-announcement

Just now, Ferk-DN said:

Then why does the dev team call it the "Aion Classic Global Service" in the release announcement?

https://www.aiononline.com/news/aion-classic-announcement

Because people forget North America is not the entire "global" service. There's other continents and countries, and this Classic is targeting all that is Western release of AION CLASSIC.

Just now, 5s16519C said:

Did you read the title of that post.

It names a region.

Yeah, because NCWest is the Western publisher for most of its games, and while servers will be located in North America, in no means it's just for North Americans.

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

Yeah, because NCWest is the Western publisher for most of its games, and while servers will be located in North America, in no means it's just for North Americans.

Between this and the whole GameForge thing, it seems quite clear that the intention was at least to separate out different regions.  It may very well still be.  

I don't see much suggesting this release is meant for the global community.  If I had to guess - and this is a guess - the success of this NA server will determine the viability of additional servers for other regions.  

Seems you don't even know history why Aion was split in both NA and EU with 2 different publishers in the first place. NCWest was always the sole publisher for WEST until Aion's patch 3.0, where people could transfer their accounts to Gameforge or stay with NCWest.

This is the repeat of that time, only NCWest will be publishing Classic, Gameforge won't until either later this year or next year.

5 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Did you read the title of that post.

It names a region.

"Aion Classic Is Coming to North America!"

Literally the first words on the page.
Good grief.

Because the article title is by the the Community Team and the content is by the Korean Dev Team.

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

Seems you don't even know history why Aion was split in both NA and EU with 2 different publishers in the first place. NCWest was always the sole publisher for WEST until Aion's patch 3.0, where people could transfer their accounts to Gameforge or stay with NCWest.

This is the repeat of that time, only NCWest will be publishing Classic, Gameforge won't until either later this year or next year.

I'm somewhat familiar with that.  It was a long time ago, and I didn't get serious into Aion until the 3.0 mark (played casually beforehand). 

But, suggesting that there's going to be additional servers for other regions - via Gameforge, for example - only furthers the argument that this North American launch is not a global launch.

Just now, 5s16519C said:

I'm somewhat familiar with that.  It was a long time ago, and I didn't get serious into Aion until the 3.0 mark (played casually beforehand). 

But, suggesting that there's going to be additional servers for other regions - via Gameforge, for example - only furthers the argument that this North American launch is not a global launch.

Gameforge confirmed that they have "no news" about Classic, and don't even plan to release it (as of May 2021). The FAQ posted by Kibbelz also says "Global service". Don't confuse it with "release" because that's not what we're talking about. To quote:

How is it different from the version being serviced in Korea?

The basis of the Aion Classic Global Service is that the service being provided is identical to the original version. The West version will maintain the same Aion Classic contents / BM items / service format being provided in Korea as closely as possible. The contents and version are being prepared in the same manner as Korea.

Classic published by NCWest is our Western release of Korea's classic.

3 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Gameforge confirmed that they have "no news" about Classic, and don't even plan to release it (as of May 2021). The FAQ posted by Kibbelz also says "Global service". Don't confuse it with "release" because that's not what we're talking about. To quote:

Classic published by NCWest is our Western release of Korea's classic.

Hmmmm. I  see where my confusion was, thank you for the clarification.  
I'm still not convinced they're going to do anything about the QoL for non-NA players, but as I've said in a few different threads, I do agree that they should.  Whether they will, however....

Archived