IP has been blocked from Australia????

1s165A97

3 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Hmmmm. I  see where my confusion was, thank you for the clarification.  
I'm still not convinced they're going to do anything about the QoL for non-NA players, but as I've said in a few different threads, I do agree that they should.  Whether they will, however....

Hah, absolutely not, which to be honest, I'm not that bothered too much about late sieges since I'll be able to buy the medals off of broker over time. Live servers, however, were impossible.

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I doubt it is exit lag,

unknown.png

Logged in from South Australia not banned. Unless it is unique to WA

Same. Also connected with US Ashburn01 and no issues. I suggest you appeal the ban and tell us the result. 

4 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I think the population will be fair, and not as dead as live servers (considering the locks and all of that...) but, I know it's not going to be cheap at start.

Honestly aion population is a bit low nowadays. i think keeping all regions in same place gives us a chance of having a playable server. In 1 year from now if you have 2000-4000 online, without eu/aus/asia would be around 1000-2000 which is kinda low. And if 1000-2000.. would be 500-1000 instead. 500-100 = dead. 1000-2000 = populated.  

I watched this game dying one time. I'm trying to avoid that happening again. It's why i'd appreciate if ncsoft focuses in trying to gain as many players as possible instead of elitism. 

39 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

是的,因为 NCWest 是其大部分游戏的西方发行商,虽然服务器将位于北美,但绝不是仅适用于北美。

that's what I'm thinking. Server located in North US does not means people are banned from out of US

4 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

I stopped playing around 5.0.  Are current servers really bad for activity nowdays? 😧

There's around 400 people in total on Katalam server (half and half on each side) and around 200 on Danaria. Things started to get very ugly with 6.0 with transformation contracts and intense p2w + rng. 5.8 was a cake compared to this dumpster fire.

5 minutes ago, Guest SSS said:

Honestly aion population is a bit low nowadays. i think keeping all regions in same place gives us a chance of having a playable server. In 1 year from now if you have 2000-4000 online, without eu/aus/asia would be around 1000-2000 which is kinda low. And if 1000-2000.. would be 500-1000 instead. 500-100 = dead. 1000-2000 = populated.  

I watched this game dying one time. I'm trying to avoid that happening again. It's why i'd appreciate if ncsoft focuses in trying to gain as many players as possible instead of elitism. 

Which is why I root, and always have, for subscription model. It gives stable income and hopefully Korea doesn't get too greedy anytime soon because classic there is very successful.

8 minutes ago, Guest SSS said:

Timezones are still going to keep people segregated enough, with those numbers.  Unless they altered sieges and events and whatnot to be more inclusive, people outside of NA will taper off. 

3 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Timezones are still going to keep people segregated enough, with those numbers.  Unless they altered sieges and events and whatnot to be more inclusive, people outside of NA will taper off. 

I think having multiple sieges with once per day reward system would work rather fine. That way everybody could attend at different times and still get their daily reward.

@1s165A97 the fact that you're being stopped at the launcher means it has nothing to do with exitlag; since those connections are only established once you make it to the user agreement screen. The message that you're getting mentions IP exclusion or restricted account. If you have a VPN of any kind running I would disable it, try again, if it fails I would send a ticket to NC Support asking for a manual review and citing your use of a VPN as a potential false-flag for their system

10 hours ago, 5s16519C said:

I stopped playing around 5.0.  Are current servers really bad for activity nowdays? 😧

It's an absolute joke now. People like to joke that it's the whales keeping the servers alive now, but honestly, even many of us (I put about $50/mo into it, so not a true whale, but more than f2p) have quit the current game because it's just unplayable due to lack of people. There is no one on to run anything of medium or hard difficulty, and pvp instances have 1 hour queues because there is no reason to do them (no pvp gear or items from them). So yeah, it's in a very sad state. 🤷

8 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

It's an absolute joke now. People like to joke that it's the whales keeping the servers alive now, but honestly, even many of us (I put about $50/mo into it, so not a true whale, but more than f2p) have quit the current game because it's just unplayable due to lack of people. There is no one on to run anything of medium or hard difficulty, and pvp instances have 1 hour queues because there is no reason to do them (no pvp gear or items from them). So yeah, it's in a very sad state. 🤷

I tend not to run PvE instances, I agree with you about hard to get in to PvP instances, CV is by far the worst.  The need for AP dropped right off, especially when every second Lugbug quest seems to give you an AP item to cash in. What were the devs thinking? Sieges and PvP instances should be important towards gear progression like they were in 2009. The devs don't get it, so they re-release the original game because the bean counters say it worked better, not because the game designers are on the right track else they would have fixed 7.9 already.

10 minutes ago, Alvie said:

I tend not to run PvE instances, I agree with you about hard to get in to PvP instances, CV is by far the worst.  The need for AP dropped right off, especially when every second Lugbug quest seems to give you an AP item to cash in. What were the devs thinking? Sieges and PvP instances should be important towards gear progression like they were in 2009. The devs don't get it, so they re-release the original game because the bean counters say it worked better, not because the game designers are on the right track else they would have fixed 7.9 already.

I partially agree with you.  The problem that most games encounter is that they must continue to scale, meaning both progression and things you can do with that progression must continue upwards.  Unless the game has an alarming amount of content, something like Black Desert Online, it's usually something that has a ceiling.  I'm not at liberty to say whether they screwed up really bad, or just ended up in a situation where they didn't really have anywhere else to escalate too and were caught between a bad choice, or no choice.  

Realistically, a completely blank slate is the only way to fix that.  And at least now with the knowledge of what doesn't work / what dead ends to avoid, you can hope they won't have that happen again.  Whether you have confidence about their ability to make those decisions is another thing.

Archived