Look up character option on Website

Wootage-KT

Remember good old days when you could just go to aion website and look up any character you wanted?

it would show you all of the information about that character it was like view details ingame only, you could do it from anywhere and even if that person had view detail dissabled
i think it was a really awesome feature and would be nice if it comes back

1 minute ago, Wootage-KT said:

it wasnt on forums it was on website itself 
it was something like na.aiononline.com/characters/ some character code

I know, I have screenshots of my old toon stats. When they updated the forums to invision, the website was replaced.

Wasn't that removed because it caused some issues and drama in game? Something about elitism and all of that. I'm probably wrong but I distinctively remember someone mentioning me that was the main reason.

Korea still has that option, even in Classic btw

Assuming we don't get the official NCsoft version here like you're talking about, MyAion.eu plans to update eventually to be compatible with Classic. It's not quite the same (person has to have details set to visible), but it's a pretty decent alternative. It's pretty in depth, also shows stigmas and other stuff aside from gear. Damn good dps meter too. Again, it's only working with retail currently, but the developer said there are plans to make it compatible with Classic. Example of what all it shows:

MnCQSQ0.jpg

Ju9TTOi.jpg

fUAe82b.jpg

smS1x85.jpg

Guest vbnwhereismyaccount
47 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Wasn't that removed because it caused some issues and drama in game? Something about elitism and all of that. I'm probably wrong but I distinctively remember someone mentioning me that was the main reason.

Korea still has that option, even in Classic btw

It wasn't removed due to elitism.  The functionality of the character sheets became worse with each subsequent patch after 2.0.  By the time 3.0 came out no gear would show up that was from the current patch and it continued that way until they removed the old site.

Like most other things, someone up high decided it wasn't worth the $$ for players to view their character profiles out of game.

Blizzard (WoW) still has an armory (character profiles) and is a much used function.  (Although not available to Classic)

Archived